Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: Anthony Black: Road To The NBA Movie 

Post#61 » by Skybox » Tue May 21, 2024 6:34 pm

Last Guardian wrote:
Skybox wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:
I guess you never heard the term upside. I never said those will be his numbers. That is just his upside in my opinion.

And by former version of Fultz, I'm not talking about his college days. I'm talking about season before last.

12ppg and 6apg, wow such lofty expectations I have.

Is this discussion about Jett? Stay on topic

I've heard about nothing BUT upside when it comes to those two...with a bunch of flat out guesses mixed in. I only brought up the other "almost All-Star" because you already had your crystal ball out

Gee, I wonder why upside is such a major factor when talking about young guys we just drafted. Who would have thought such a topic could be brought up. If you don't like talking about upside, then how about you don't comment in a topic that is basically about a players upside.

I guess we should have never talked about Suggs or Franz upside when we drafted them. ONLY FACTS!

There are educated projections based on past performance
-then, there are optimistic projections based on measurements, Xrays of growth plates, IQ tests, interviews, references, etc
-then, there is upside...which we all love (me included)
-then, there is hopeful extrapolation, like when I think the 2 Good Golf shots accurately reflect my game more than the other 108
-then, there is absolute blind-faith fantasy in spite of what we've already seen

Return to Orlando Magic