ImageImageImageImage

2023-24 NBA All-Defensive Teams (Suggs is 2nd Team)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 82

Re: 2023-24 NBA All-Defensive Teams (Suggs is 2nd Team) 

Post#21 » by CocoaFan » Wed May 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Skybox wrote:First team next year for sure. Just putting the league on notice this year (small market, limited buzz). I've never seen anyone glide through picks the way he does.

My only complaint...I'd rather he didn't lay on the ground and wince after every foul call and limp right until the play resumes - at which point he makes a miraculous recovery. I'm not saying he's not tough - God knows, he is! I just saw TJ McConnell take a shot and bounce back up like an NFL WR trying to laugh off a big hit by an opposing safety. "You Can't Hurt Me Punk" :evil:

He's the football guy - act like it.
I think you're way off base. He's had nagging injuries all season and previous seasons from throwing himself all over the court. His limping and wincing is most likely the result of some injury he's been trying to overcome and just tweaking/re-injuring it again. Suggs is anything but a poser.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,054

Post#22 » by Skybox » Wed May 22, 2024 8:52 pm

CocoaFan wrote:
Skybox wrote:First team next year for sure. Just putting the league on notice this year (small market, limited buzz). I've never seen anyone glide through picks the way he does.

My only complaint...I'd rather he didn't lay on the ground and wince after every foul call and limp right until the play resumes - at which point he makes a miraculous recovery. I'm not saying he's not tough - God knows, he is! I just saw TJ McConnell take a shot and bounce back up like an NFL WR trying to laugh off a big hit by an opposing safety. "You Can't Hurt Me Punk" :evil:

He's the football guy - act like it.
I think you're way off base. He's had nagging injuries all season and previous seasons from throwing himself all over the court. His limping and wincing is most likely the result of some injury he's been trying to overcome and just tweaking/re-injuring it again. Suggs is anything but a poser.

I know he’s tough…as I said. Just wish he wasn’t so comfortable doing the “soccer thing”
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,793

Post#23 » by Bergmaniac » Wed May 22, 2024 11:49 pm

Congrats to Suggs, well deserved, hopefully the first of many to come.

Skybox wrote:First team next year for sure.

It's far from certain. With the new rules it will be very, very hard for non-bigs to make the first team. This year there were 4 bigs on the first team and next year they will probably be at least as many and there is a good chance that all 5 will be centres with someone like Jaren Jackson Jr., Jarrett Allen, Mobley or Chet joining it this year's 4.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,278

Post#24 » by cedric76 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:22 am

Well deserved, JI will be 1st team next season
Draft BPA and send him to G league
keep moe
Sign monk and DE'ANTHONY MELTON
Let chuma+fultz go
Harris on 1+1
Goga on 2+1

unleash Jett
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,455

Post#25 » by UCFJayBird » Thu May 23, 2024 12:44 pm

I actually am in favor if it being positionless. I want the top 5 defenders on 1st team. If there's a PG that I feel is 20th in defense but he's the best PG defender, I don't want him showing up. (edit: Though if your argument is it should be position based because you want it to represent the best team you could put together that could play a game together and compete and would be the best defensive team, I get that. Obviously you wouldn't field a team with 5 centers, lol).

I hope Jalen keeps up the energy and comes in with a determination to make 1st team next year. Would be great to see and obviously would be great to continue to set the tone for the team.

I think Wemby 100% deserves 1st team. Strong argument he could've been DPOY, but I think they got it right this year.

Return to Orlando Magic