ImageImageImageImage

ORL/NY Trade Idea

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#41 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:58 pm

My goodness the creator of this thread should take a long leave of absence. That was absurd.
aka: prorl
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#42 » by #1knickfan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:02 pm

lovehoops01 wrote:But dude you're posting all that on a Magic board. It's not like we went looking for Knicks fans to **** off. I've got news for you.....We are aware that a lot of people think Rashard is overpaid. You should know that a lot of people think Marbury has had issues at pretty much every team he has been on. It's not like we dropped this item on the Knicks board and responded to it there.

So I have no right to make posts on the Magic board even if the thread involves my team?
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#43 » by lovehoops01 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:36 pm

#1knickfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So I have no right to make posts on the Magic board even if the thread involves my team?

Well, it kinda seems like you're looking to start trouble if you do.

Especially when you go from talking about the player on your team to a player on the team of the fan message board you are on. I could go on and on about why the situations are totally different outside of salary, but I'm not really interested in stirring up this conversation.

And you certainly shouldn't express shock that you'd get jumped on for the comment you did make. That's just asking for trouble.

But I have an idea....and I usually don't ask the mods to do this. None of the Magic fans on this board apparently like this idea. And it's only serving to stir up trouble with a fan of another team. Why don't we just lock this thread?
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,225

Post#44 » by Max Power » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:00 pm

I second that Lovehoops, the Knicks fan is just in here looking to stir the pot. Let's drop the subject, the mere notion of Marbury being worth a mentally, and physically stronger Rashard Lewis is asinine. Lets lock this puppy down before it forces us all to experience considerable agony.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
JTSUCF
Junior

Post#45 » by JTSUCF » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:16 pm

If you want to lock the thread go right ahead. It seems like everybody just saw the Marbury for Lewis aspect of my thoughts and simply thought that I was Otis or apparently on drugs. I don't really feel like anybody actually took the time to read the whole thread and look at all of my thoughts on why I posted it.

I like Rashard and actually wanted the Magic to sign him. However, the front office went way overboard in paying him and now the Magic are going to be stuck with his albatross of a contract for the forseeable future. I truly believe the front office is saying that the Devos family will be willing to go over the luxury tax level but I just don't believe them. So us as Magic fans are going to be stuck with Rashard & Dwight and a bunch of low level players. Add the fact that the front office has been beyond horrible in drafting that it makes me feel that Dwight will be this generations KG. A great player stuck with mediocre players because of constant mistakes made by the front office.

So I decided to take a look to see what team would be able to take his massive contract and give us a contract(s) that would expire and allow the Magic to make amends for the mistake they made with Rashard's contract. The Knicks have the contract in Marbury, showed an interest in Rashard during the off-season, and would be a last ditch effort by Isiah to try and salvage something. He won't be around in a few years so why not try and get a player that could save his job rather than trying to start over.

I would like to be all positive and think that the Magic are going to do great but I just don't see it. The next few games I believe will say alot. If we continue to spiral downward and get passed by the Wizards I could see the bottom falling out on this team. So we will be sitting here, watching the team spiral downward, listening to Otis say all is well and how every team in the NBA wants JJ but yet he can't get on the court, and wondering what Dwight must be thinking as his 5 year extension kicks in and he realizes this is the team he is stuck with for the forseeable future.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#46 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:30 pm

JTSUCF wrote:If you want to lock the thread go right ahead. It seems like everybody just saw the Marbury for Lewis aspect of my thoughts and simply thought that I was Otis or apparently on drugs. I don't really feel like anybody actually took the time to read the whole thread and look at all of my thoughts on why I posted it.

I like Rashard and actually wanted the Magic to sign him. However, the front office went way overboard in paying him and now the Magic are going to be stuck with his albatross of a contract for the forseeable future. I truly believe the front office is saying that the Devos family will be willing to go over the luxury tax level but I just don't believe them. So us as Magic fans are going to be stuck with Rashard & Dwight and a bunch of low level players. Add the fact that the front office has been beyond horrible in drafting that it makes me feel that Dwight will be this generations KG. A great player stuck with mediocre players because of constant mistakes made by the front office.

So I decided to take a look to see what team would be able to take his massive contract and give us a contract(s) that would expire and allow the Magic to make amends for the mistake they made with Rashard's contract. The Knicks have the contract in Marbury, showed an interest in Rashard during the off-season, and would be a last ditch effort by Isiah to try and salvage something. He won't be around in a few years so why not try and get a player that could save his job rather than trying to start over.

I would like to be all positive and think that the Magic are going to do great but I just don't see it. The next few games I believe will say alot. If we continue to spiral downward and get passed by the Wizards I could see the bottom falling out on this team. So we will be sitting here, watching the team spiral downward, listening to Otis say all is well and how every team in the NBA wants JJ but yet he can't get on the court, and wondering what Dwight must be thinking as his 5 year extension kicks in and he realizes this is the team he is stuck with for the forseeable future.

Your logic is flawed. So the Magic trade away a good player, Lewis is a good player, for one of the worst team players in the league? And that makes Dwight happy how? Another thing people need to realize is that this team is not a finished product. It wasent before the season started and it sure isnt now. And its gonna take time for the Magic to acquire other pieces to compliment Dwight.
aka: prorl
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#47 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:23 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

everytime i see you put some1 down on a internet message board to try and look cool i laugh.

going outa your way to start ****? I got that outa my system in highschool.

its not that far out of my way i mean im already on the web sit and i saw u make fun of the knicks and i believe the seminoles are of similar suckiness so i stated my opinion. im glad you gotta a laugh out of it
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#48 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:24 pm

lovehoops01 wrote:Maybe the Magic should put East out on the floor Tuesday night. He seems to have a lot of pent-up anger. Maybe he could take it out on the court. Can you drive and dunk, East?

i can drive and get packed by the rim but my anger might give me that extra boost. PUT ME ON THE COURT STAN!!!!!
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#49 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:30 pm

#1knickfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have plenty of room to come and talk about how I would trade Marbury for Lewis and everything you have said justifies my position than it justified your own. I have sit back and watched Isiah trade expiring or soon to be expiring contracts for players who were bad defensively and/or couldn't rebound and in most cases weren't team players. The best thing about those guys were they were really talented offensively. But it has happened over and over again with Stephon Marbury, Quentin Richardson, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Steve Francis, and Zach Randolph. After witnessing the disaster those trades have created you are surprised a Knick fan wouldn't jump for joy to trade a soon to be large expiring contract for Rashard Lewis. Being more of a team player doesn't change the fact that he sucks defensively and because he spends so much time out on the perimeter can't rebound worth a damn. We'll just be making the same mistake we have made over and over again except this time it will be the single most expensive mistake we ever made.

no you really dont have any... none of us ever go into the knicks boards to tell you how bad your team sucks, which is does very badly, so keep blabing on and on but id take the magic and rashards swolen contract over any thing involved with the knicks any day. as for rashard not rebounding hes averaging 5-6 boards a game which isnt to bad for a sf playing a pf position.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#50 » by #1knickfan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:42 pm

EasternMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

no you really dont have any... none of us ever go into the knicks boards to tell you how bad your team sucks, which is does very badly, so keep blabing on and on but id take the magic and rashards swolen contract over any thing involved with the knicks any day. as for rashard not rebounding hes averaging 5-6 boards a game which isnt to bad for a sf playing a pf position.

Way to use your homerism to counter my argument.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#51 » by #1knickfan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:52 pm

JTSUCF wrote:If you want to lock the thread go right ahead. It seems like everybody just saw the Marbury for Lewis aspect of my thoughts and simply thought that I was Otis or apparently on drugs. I don't really feel like anybody actually took the time to read the whole thread and look at all of my thoughts on why I posted it.

I certainly understand your reasoning because it very eloquently explains why I wouldn't want to trade for Rashard Lewis especially when we would be giving up what will be a 20+ million dollar expiring deal for him. I liked the idea of aquiring Rashard Lewis over the offseason because I think his outside shooting would have been a better fit for the team than Zach Randolph but there is no way his limited game would be worth the cost of playing him. The max is just too much money for a guy who doesn't defend well and because he is always on the perimeter doesn't help us in the rebounding department.

As for Isiah, I think this is exactly the kind of move he loves to make but fortunately for us I think Dolan has him on a short leash. I am sure Isiah will make some move to try and salvage the season but how much money he will be allowed to take on when he is likely to be fired is up for debate. Personally, I hope he isn't allowed to make a move at all. If we're going to be a terrible team we should stay terrible so that we can have as good a chance at grabbing Derrick Rose in the draft as possible.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#52 » by #1knickfan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:58 pm

lovehoops01 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well, it kinda seems like you're looking to start trouble if you do.

Especially when you go from talking about the player on your team to a player on the team of the fan message board you are on. I could go on and on about why the situations are totally different outside of salary, but I'm not really interested in stirring up this conversation.

And you certainly shouldn't express shock that you'd get jumped on for the comment you did make. That's just asking for trouble.

But I have an idea....and I usually don't ask the mods to do this. None of the Magic fans on this board apparently like this idea. And it's only serving to stir up trouble with a fan of another team. Why don't we just lock this thread?

I just came on to give a Knick fans point of view which I have every right to do. I never said Rashard Lewis sucked nor did I ever insinuate that Marbury would be an ideal player for you guys to aquire. What I have said is:

1.While Lewis seems to be helping your team Orlando dramatically overpaid him for his services. That's something that everyone outside of Orlando and many fans of the Magic would agree with.

2. I wouldn't want to trade what will become a large expiring contract next year to get Lewis on this team even though I would have liked the Knicks to work out a sign and trade with the Sonics to aquire him last summer. At this point I think Lewis is far too expensive to be worth aquiring. I don't see the problem with anything I have said there.

3. I have also said that Lewis' contract doesn't seem so bad for you guys because you are winning. Unless you keep winning for the entire life of his contract there will come a time when you would really regret having his contract on your payroll. Once again, there is nothing in this statement that could possibly be construed as insulting.It is not my fault that a particular Magic fan on this board (we both know who I am talking about) is behaving childish and incredibly defensive.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#53 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:06 pm

do you like carlos arroyo?

Return to Orlando Magic