ImageImageImageImage

Fox Sports NBA power rankings

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magictreat
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Fox Sports NBA power rankings 

Post#1 » by magictreat » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:55 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/powerRankings

They called the Magic's backcourt, the worse in the NBA, lol WTF?????
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,303

Re: Fox Sports NBA power rankings 

Post#2 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:57 pm

magictreat wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/powerRankings

They called the Magic's backcourt, the worse in the NBA, lol WTF?????

They are def one of the worst. Have u not been watching at all?
aka: prorl
PimpORL
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#3 » by PimpORL » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:01 pm

One of the worst? Sure. But the Magic definitely aren't the worst. This is fox, though, every aspect of their coverage is worthless. The fact that anyone would keep Charlie Rosen as a basketball writer is crazy.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#4 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:03 pm

well we have been play horrific defense we NEED a 4-5 game win streak and 4-5 wins of the next 6 at least. if we can do that i think we'll be back on track
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,335

Post#5 » by MagicMadness » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Yes! We're ranked!
dieselpower
Senior

Post#6 » by dieselpower » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:07 pm

MagicMadness wrote:Yes! We're ranked!

That's the kind of spontaneous publicity that makes people!! :clap:
Go Magic!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#7 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:11 pm

Instead of knocking FOX's credibilty, why don't you try naming a worse starting backcourt in the NBA and then ask yourself if you would trade for those guys straight up? The closest I can come is LA, but I would trade defensive stopper Quinton Ross for Bogans in a heartbeat, and I still think that Brevin Knight is a better playmaker than Jameer, so what does that tell you?

Minny has McCants blowing up right now and Telfair has equal stats to Nelson but he's 5 years younger so I would make that trade.

Cleveland has Gibson and Hughes. Injuries and contract aside Larry Hughes is better than Bogans and Nelson. Gibson is just a deal sweetener.

I honestly do think that we have the worst backcourt in the NBA.
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#8 » by Bucs80 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:17 pm

We do have the worst back-court.....

If you look at every team's back-court against ours.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#9 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:22 pm

PimpORL wrote:One of the worst? Sure. But the Magic definitely aren't the worst. This is fox, though, every aspect of their coverage is worthless. The fact that anyone would keep Charlie Rosen as a basketball writer is crazy.

that's why it states "arguably", arguably implies that there "could" be a back court worse than the Magic's but might not be, while as the same time saying that this back court is probably the worst.

if you asked me though, i'd drop the arguably...let's call a spade a spade, we have Nelson/Arroyo and Dooling. All 3 combined cannot do what Billups, Kidd, Nash, Farmar/Crittenton, TJ/Jose, Baron/Ellis or any of those guys can do...sure, there are teams worse off than us. But i think that when you evaluate, you have to take in the current status of the team and it's relevant talent. If you are strong in other areas and really bad it one, it far magnifies the effect of the negative...

in the Magic's case we have one of the best centers in the league, if not THE best and several great offensive threats. However due to our inability to create plays, setup players, pound the ball inside and dish form the PG's our team as a whole looks far worse...

just my $0.02
PimpORL
Head Coach

Post#10 » by PimpORL » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:24 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:Instead of knocking FOX's credibilty, why don't you try naming a worse starting backcourt in the NBA and then ask yourself if you would trade for those guys straight up? The closest I can come is LA, but I would trade defensive stopper Quinton Ross for Bogans in a heartbeat, and I still think that Brevin Knight is a better playmaker than Jameer, so what does that tell you?

Minny has McCants blowing up right now and Telfair has equal stats to Nelson but he's 5 years younger so I would make that trade.

Cleveland has Gibson and Hughes. Injuries and contract aside Larry Hughes is better than Bogans and Nelson. Gibson is just a deal sweetener.

I honestly do think that we have the worst backcourt in the NBA.

lol no?
Telfair has equal stats to Nelson and he's 5 years younger? WTF Maybe you were looking at the wrong stats. 15 ppg on the worst team in the league isn't blowing up. Hughes is shooting 33%. lol Not only is he garbage right now, but he's always injured so it doesn't matter either way.
PimpORL
Head Coach

Post#11 » by PimpORL » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:27 pm

thEthIEf wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

that's why it states "arguably", arguably implies that there "could" be a back court worse than the Magic's but might not be, while as the same time saying that this back court is probably the worst.
I'm not dumb. I just went by what the OP said.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#12 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:29 pm

PimpORL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not dumb. I just went by what the OP said.

haha i never said you were dumb man...cojelo suave...we're cooler than that Pimp...
PimpORL
Head Coach

Post#13 » by PimpORL » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 pm

thEthIEf wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

haha i never said you were dumb man...cojelo suave...we're cooler than that Pimp...

I didn't mean it like that. lol
dieselpower
Senior

Post#14 » by dieselpower » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:41 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:Instead of knocking FOX's credibilty, why don't you...

They have lol LALakers #1 :o
Go Magic!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:21 pm

dieselpower wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
They have lol LALakers #1 :o

The Pistons just lost to the Knicks by 25 and the Celtics have losted back to back games. Since Power rankings are all about recent play, I think the Lakers deserve to be #1. They are 9-1 over their last 10 and no other team can say they are as hot right now.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,077

Post#16 » by drsd » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:28 pm

16 is the lowest position FOX has placed the Magic.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:43 pm

PimpORL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
lol no?
Telfair has equal stats to Nelson and he's 5 years younger? WTF Maybe you were looking at the wrong stats. 15 ppg on the worst team in the league isn't blowing up. Hughes is shooting 33%. lol Not only is he garbage right now, but he's always injured so it doesn't matter either way.

Nelson - 11.4 Pts 6 Ast 2.5 TO 46 %FG .9 Stl
Telfair - 9.2 Pts 5.7 Ast 2 TO 39%FG 1 Stl

The stats aren't quite equal, but it seems to me that Jameer has reached his peak and he will be 26 in February. Telfair is 22 and still has loads of potential. If you watch the Wolves play, you notice that he still has the blazing quickness to blow by guys that he had in high school. The problem is that now instead of some 6-4 center waiting for him, there are a couple 6-10 guys. If he figures out how to get a consistent floater, then he is Tony Parker. He already turns the ball over less than Jameer. I would make this trade if Minnesota offered.

For January, Rashad McCants is averaging 19 Pts on 53% shooting and 42% 3PT. Add 4 rebounds and 3 assists and I would take his production over Bogans any day of the week. By the way, the Wolves aren't the worst team in the leage. It's the Heat.

If you look at the games that Hughes plays without Lebron ( 56% shooter, 29 PPG, 2.5 STL, 54% from 3PT) he does pretty well, and this makes me think that he could be productive again if he was called on to do more. Right now, he is just the guy who brings the ball up court, then clears out so Lebron can take the ball to the rack. I think that in a different situation, he can go back to his Golden State and Washington days. This guy has signed 2 big contracts, and I don't think that would happen if he was just a 30% shooter with a high injury risk.

Return to Orlando Magic