Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#21 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:39 am

chefy wrote:hi lal fan here

what do you guys think of this trade

garrity, augustine for radmanovic

?

The Magic already have similar players. We need a PF that can rebound and defend and Radman is none of that.
aka: prorl
inmate347
Senior
And1: 42

Post#22 » by inmate347 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:51 am

How about Noah? He seems to be wearing out his welcome in Chicago's sinking ship.

The magic don't necessarily need a starting power forward, just someone that can come in and log minutes when the match-up doesn't favor hedo/lewis.

Magic get:

Duhon and Noah

Chicago gets:

Some combination of Arroyo and contracts
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,694

Post#23 » by Bensational » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:54 am

*edit

the last message i posted was in the wrong thread. sorry bout any confusion.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#24 » by lovehoops01 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:02 am

inmate347 wrote:How about Noah? He seems to be wearing out his welcome in Chicago's sinking ship.

The magic don't necessarily need a starting power forward, just someone that can come in and log minutes when the match-up doesn't favor hedo/lewis.

Magic get:

Duhon and Noah

Chicago gets:

Some combination of Arroyo and contracts

It would depend, of course, on the contracts the Magic are sending back. I like Duhon a lot, but I think they need a taller point guard to complement Jameer.

I could take Noah back because he provides some of what they need -- energy, rebounding and can hit a short jumper. I'd like to know what he got into a fight about with the Bulls assistant coach and why his teammates asked the team to suspend him for a second game, too.

Oh, and inmate, I know you didn't propose this. But for the guy who wants to get Maggette for the MLE. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. He's already making $7.8 million this season and would make $8.4 million next year if he doesn't opt out. If he becomes available for the MLE, the Magic would have loads of competition for him.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#25 » by theTHIEF » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:22 pm

i think we should consider taking advantage of that fire sale the Bucks are having and pickup CV and Bell to beef up the bench...they will be cheap, Bell is locked up for 4 years, and CV will be a cheap resigning in 2 seasons, unless he blows up...then we can make some off season moves and take it from there...
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#26 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:23 am

Turk/Arroyo/Pat Garrity + Future 1st

to GSW for

Harrington/MP and possibly Patrick O'Bryant

well?
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#27 » by N4U|Redux » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:29 am

thEthIEf wrote:Turk/Arroyo/Pat Garrity + Future 1st

to GSW for

Harrington/MP and possibly Patrick O'Bryant

well?

I like Harrington, but I'm not sure he plays very big on defense which we could use.

Though, he would be pretty useful on the post, and shoots it from outside at a good clip.

I'd heavily think about pulling the trigger on it, Hedo is a bad fit here now. We cannot move Lewis to PF longterm, and we cannot move Hedo to the 2-guard.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Post#28 » by TheRevTy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:31 am

Are they that high on Harrington that they would require Hedo AND a 1st?
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#29 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:34 am

TheRevTy wrote:Are they that high on Harrington that they would require Hedo AND a 1st?
not sure...i actually dont think so...but, if it came down to it, as long as we got some other good pieces, you'd really have to sit down and think...

the only downfall is the PG spot...
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#30 » by TheRevTy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:39 am

Thief, you seem to be a pretty good gauge of player talent, what do you think of Troy Murphy, Boris Diaw (got the idea from you saying Cook is just like him, haha), or Charlie V., or, by some miracle, Andrei Kirilenko (I still wonder if Hedo, JJ, Keyon, and maybe a 1st could get us AK47)?
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#31 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:45 am

I wouldn't trade Hedo in any of those deals except for AK-47. However at this point I think that since AK is happy, so are the Jazz, Im almost 150% sure he's stuck there now until his next fit...

Murphy is nice, but IMO not a starter and not worth the dough...

Diaw is nice, but not a starter to put next to Dwight, but would be great off the bench, and would fit nice with our bench since we tend to run a fast/slow mix with the bench players.

CV would be great off the bench for multiple reasons, like he's long, athletic, has great range and can shoot the 15, 18 and 3 with consistency, can rebound, get to the rim and has decent hands, not the best defender, but also is better than Cook, he really just needs minutes. But not at the cost of Hedo, and definitely not a stater at this time...
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#32 » by TheRevTy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:53 am

I've read in a couple of places that Utah may want a more true SF, since Andrei in a better PF. They also are in desperate need of a backup PG. (So is Washington, for what it is worth) but they already got sick of Arroyo, so Dooling it is. Unfortunately, they just got Korver, so their desire for JJ may have waned, but I read a couple places that Sloan was high on him pre-draft and still has a soft spot for him. I would make the call, see if they're willing to work with us. Even though he's not much of a long-range shooter, could you see AK47 fitting in here?
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#33 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:00 am

Nelson
Evans
Shard
AK
Dwight

IS a pretty solid all around lineup, not as potent offensively, obviously...but there is a good mix of offense and defense, AK is a really good passer when he doesn't go bonehead on it, but he's not the most reliable shooter when he's off or when he is lacking the confidence...Which is really something you want from your starting 4 next to Dwight...otherwise if you have a defense only guy your just having him drag into the lane, making it difficult for Dwight to do his thing...but at the same time, he can still shoot it when he's on...if that all makes sense...

im 50/50 on it really...AK has had some injuries...and some other issues...not to mention i really feel that SVG and Otis want to stick it out with Hedo...

idk...
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#34 » by TheRevTy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:13 am

I think a change of scenery and having a coach who has some leniency would be huge for Kirilenko. He obviously doesn't mesh well with Sloan, and it is telling that his best seasons came when the Jazz had no real identity, so Jerry let them play a little more. While his jumpshot is questionable, his defense would be a very welcome addition. If that package was enough to get it done, I wouldn't hesitate. Maybe even add Garrity to try and get back Harpring, Almond, or Price.

As a side note, the Jazz had a pre-game shoot-around at my college gym (which is pretty spectacular, we're a very small school) and it was very interesting to watch everyone interact. The rookies + Ronnie Brewer stayed together most of the time, Deron and Boozer were together almost the whole time, and Andrei was by himself a lot, with the only person he talked to being Mehmet Okur. Sloan sat and talked to each player while they stretched, except one. Guess who. No wonder the guy isn't happy. Nobody had fun except the rookies and Ronnie, who broke out into an impromptu dunk contest for the crowd 9there were maybe 25 of us)

Isn't Okur from Turkey as well? Perhaps another reason they may be interested in Hidayet?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,694

Post#35 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:04 am

thEthIEf wrote:Nelson
Evans
Shard
AK
Dwight

IS a pretty solid all around lineup, not as potent offensively, obviously...but there is a good mix of offense and defense, AK is a really good passer when he doesn't go bonehead on it, but he's not the most reliable shooter when he's off or when he is lacking the confidence...Which is really something you want from your starting 4 next to Dwight...otherwise if you have a defense only guy your just having him drag into the lane, making it difficult for Dwight to do his thing...but at the same time, he can still shoot it when he's on...if that all makes sense...

im 50/50 on it really...AK has had some injuries...and some other issues...not to mention i really feel that SVG and Otis want to stick it out with Hedo...

idk...

i've got the same feeling. i wouldn't be surprised to see most of the current lineup stick around.

the only player who MIGHT be traded is JJ, and that's only if Otis can see what he considers to be 'value' out there for him.

but, in regards to the trade, i'd love to see it go down. if it doesn't and we keep Hedo, i'll be happy as well. win-win. awesome.
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#36 » by TheRevTy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:16 am

Here's the question: Next year, what happens. Do we go with a more conventional line-up and get a PF and slide Shard to the 3, push Hedo to 6th man? Do we continue with our current line-up, AKA "The Lamar Odom Experiment: Part Deux". If it is the former, I think you trade Hedo for a stud PF or SG. If it is the latter, you perhaps look into a deal involving expirings to bring in a quality role player.

I think A LOT depends on how the next couple weeks play out, with Rashard kicking up the aggression. My prediction? Hedo disappears. Both he and Rashard desperately need the ball in their hands to succeed. Shard has proven he CAN do well moving without the ball, working around others, but that's not what we pay him the big bucks for, now is it? I love that both Otis and Stan pulled him aside and said "You go do yo thang". And he gone done his thang.

Return to Orlando Magic