ImageImageImageImage

OT- Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: SOUL, ChosenSavior, MagicMadness, UCFJayBird, Howard Mass

bargnanimvp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,947
And1: 1,528
Joined: Dec 19, 2013
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#61 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:28 am

PrimeShaq wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:You might want to play Uncharted 4 if you need reassurance on that. Naughty dog is the best dev in the game. This was in game gameplay and I'm confident that it will play the same when it comes out.

I've played nearly every naughty dog release ever, it looked very heavily scripted to me. The way it flowed was in game engine but not ingame game play.

Im close to 100% certain that the gameplay shown was not scripted. The first last of us had specific sections of gameplay that played out the same way. The last of us isn't an open world game, it's linear so sections of the gameplay does tend to look more scripted. As far as the transition from the wedding to the first gameplay scene, that part could be scripted and might not happen that way but everything shown is in the game itself.

Well we will have to disagree because to me it was 100% clear it was scripted using the in game engine.
bargnanimvp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,947
And1: 1,528
Joined: Dec 19, 2013
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#62 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:30 am

PrimeShaq wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Nintendo all by their lonesome tomorrow...

Read on Twitter

Looking forward to it. I haven't picked up my switch in quite a few months. Hoping to see more of the new Metroid game they announced last year. Excited to see Smash as well.

I picked up stardew valley on switch when it came out, put a good 60-70 hours into that so mine has had quite a bit of use recently. Did you play the tennis beta the other weekend? It was fun for me, probably a buy but the lag i was getting every time i tried to play online was unplayable i hear from others it was intermittent so i must have just tried playing at a bad time.
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 19,307
And1: 5,831
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#63 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:15 pm

bargnanimvp wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Nintendo all by their lonesome tomorrow...

Read on Twitter

Looking forward to it. I haven't picked up my switch in quite a few months. Hoping to see more of the new Metroid game they announced last year. Excited to see Smash as well.

I picked up stardew valley on switch when it came out, put a good 60-70 hours into that so mine has had quite a bit of use recently. Did you play the tennis beta the other weekend? It was fun for me, probably a buy but the lag i was getting every time i tried to play online was unplayable i hear from others it was intermittent so i must have just tried playing at a bad time.


I wanted to get Stardew Valley for the Switch but already had it on the PS4/Vita (Vita is a very underrated handheld). I did not get a chance to try out Mario Tennis when the beta was open. The game looks really good. Did not catch if the online experience was bad or not. I am looking forward to give my Switch some much needed run. I'm excited that Limited Run Games is bringing some Indie classics over to the Switch this year.
Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 19,307
And1: 5,831
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#64 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:19 pm

IM7 wrote:Sony conference was lit, greatness delivers again.


I agree. Could not understand why people online were losing their collective **** over the presentation layout. I personally thought it was very ambitious hence why they called their conference an "experience." The competition between Sony, Microsoft, & Nintendo looks to be very good in the coming years.
Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
User avatar
PrimeShaq
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,661
And1: 5,386
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#65 » by PrimeShaq » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:32 pm

bargnanimvp wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Nintendo all by their lonesome tomorrow...

Read on Twitter

Looking forward to it. I haven't picked up my switch in quite a few months. Hoping to see more of the new Metroid game they announced last year. Excited to see Smash as well.

I picked up stardew valley on switch when it came out, put a good 60-70 hours into that so mine has had quite a bit of use recently. Did you play the tennis beta the other weekend? It was fun for me, probably a buy but the lag i was getting every time i tried to play online was unplayable i hear from others it was intermittent so i must have just tried playing at a bad time.

Ive been meaning to pick up stardew on the switch. Everyone keeps suggesting for me to give it a try. I didn't play in the Aces tourney last week though. I don't really see myself picking that game up.
Image
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 6,305
And1: 4,491
Joined: Jan 24, 2016
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#66 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:37 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Nice XBOX show and I was happy how Bethesda did the Fallout reveal. I am still on the fence with it, 4 was my first time playing Fallout and I loved that game, I am just worried about co-op and all that focus. That never ends well for me.

I am just pulling for a huge PS4 announcement tonight. Superman? Socom?

Ubisoft is what developer I play the most, so I am pretty hyped for what they've got.


Agree on Fallout. I was thinking to myself that this could either be very great or very bad. The one thing I will say is that Bethesda really seems to get it when it comes to making an awesome game, so I will give them the benefit there. I also like how he said that online will be all dedicated servers. That is really important in a PVP game, and it just tells me that they know some of the little things that matter to people and want to do it right. I will most likely be buying that game on release.
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 19,307
And1: 5,831
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#67 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:28 pm

My body is ready for Smash Bros on the Switch!
Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
bargnanimvp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,947
And1: 1,528
Joined: Dec 19, 2013
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#68 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Felt a bit disappointed in Nintendos showing smash brothers is smash brothers not that exciting to me and Pokemon looked like a more casual take on an already casual game, I never liked the go catch mechanic either. I'll still pick up both but was hoping for something new or even a remake of something that would surprise me. I think sony by far had the best showing this year for me.
bargnanimvp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,947
And1: 1,528
Joined: Dec 19, 2013
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#69 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:16 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:Looking forward to it. I haven't picked up my switch in quite a few months. Hoping to see more of the new Metroid game they announced last year. Excited to see Smash as well.

I picked up stardew valley on switch when it came out, put a good 60-70 hours into that so mine has had quite a bit of use recently. Did you play the tennis beta the other weekend? It was fun for me, probably a buy but the lag i was getting every time i tried to play online was unplayable i hear from others it was intermittent so i must have just tried playing at a bad time.

Ive been meaning to pick up stardew on the switch. Everyone keeps suggesting for me to give it a try. I didn't play in the Aces tourney last week though. I don't really see myself picking that game up.

I had stardew on pc but held out to really dive into it until it came to switch, didn't expect the wait to be so long though, but i'm glad i waited it works amazingly well on a hand held. I've been wanting to do the same with darkest dungeon, i've played a bunch of that on pc but want to play again on hand held but the price for that has put me off.
bargnanimvp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,947
And1: 1,528
Joined: Dec 19, 2013
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#70 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:Nice XBOX show and I was happy how Bethesda did the Fallout reveal. I am still on the fence with it, 4 was my first time playing Fallout and I loved that game, I am just worried about co-op and all that focus. That never ends well for me.

I am just pulling for a huge PS4 announcement tonight. Superman? Socom?

Ubisoft is what developer I play the most, so I am pretty hyped for what they've got.


Agree on Fallout. I was thinking to myself that this could either be very great or very bad. The one thing I will say is that Bethesda really seems to get it when it comes to making an awesome game, so I will give them the benefit there. I also like how he said that online will be all dedicated servers. That is really important in a PVP game, and it just tells me that they know some of the little things that matter to people and want to do it right. I will most likely be buying that game on release.

I feel the same, I know i'll buy it on release but I also am worried it'll flop or not be for me.
User avatar
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 25,017
And1: 1,772
Joined: Jul 26, 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:
     

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#71 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:46 am

can't wait for Last of Us 2. Looks so good (big fan of Naughty Dog).

SquareEnix pissed me off. I actually watched that damn conference. KH3 looks great, can't wait for it but I was hoping for SOME FFVII news with them having their own conference and hyping it. What a letdown.

Fallout 76 doesn't interest me. Not a huge online gamer.
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 19,307
And1: 5,831
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#72 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 am

Just focusing on the major conferences, my ranking goes as follows:

1. Sony
2. Ubisoft
3. Nintendo
4. Bethesda
5. Microsoft
6. EA

I won't even rank Square Enix. Absolutely terrible press conference from them.
Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 19,307
And1: 5,831
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#73 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:02 am

Looks like there is gameplay up for NBA Live 19...



Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
User avatar
Last Guardian
RealGM
Posts: 22,004
And1: 1,645
Joined: Feb 22, 2004
Location: New Jersey
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#74 » by Last Guardian » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Bought the stone mason edition for God of War when it first released, still haven't played it. I'm so far behind on the backlog, probably because it is my intention to platinum every game. Probably should give that up and just play. Still haven't played Horizon. And I'm only now going through Uncharted 4, and it is fantastic.

As far as E3, Spider-Man looks like a lot of fun to play. Death Stranding looks odd, but I like those atmospheric games (hence my screen name). The Last of Us II is a no brainer, they don't even need to show anything for people to want it. Anthem looks cool. Perhaps the game that might have me the most hyped is actually Beyond Good and Evil 2.
User avatar
Driguez
General Manager
Posts: 8,919
And1: 1,442
Joined: Jul 01, 2005
Location: Nuclear meltdown watch
   

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#75 » by Driguez » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Any Switch gamers out there? Been considering to get one because I have a soft spot for Nintendo and to get my son into Nintendo and stuff. Any must buy games?
Image
User avatar
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
Posts: 6,252
And1: 203
Joined: May 12, 2010

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#76 » by WeAreVenom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Fell on some hard times recently and had to sell my PS4..........Now that things are picking up again I'm excited to buy a Pro and get GOW and Spiderman. That presentation at E3 looked incredible.

Also, Last of Us 2. I'm disappointed they didn't reveal any info on the upcoming Avengers game, though....

EDIT: Forgot about Dragonball Fighterz........I've literally wanted that game for I don't know how long. And Jump Force.
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 19,307
And1: 5,831
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#77 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Driguez wrote:Any Switch gamers out there? Been considering to get one because I have a soft spot for Nintendo and to get my son into Nintendo and stuff. Any must buy games?


I have one. The system is incredible. You and your son will not be disappointed. Right off the bat you should look into Super Mario Odyssey & Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Mario Kart 8 is really good along with Pokken Tournament if you’re into Pokèmon. The Switch also has a great Indie lineup as well especially now since you can play Fortnite on there now.
Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
User avatar
thelead
RealGM
Posts: 21,472
And1: 9,481
Joined: Apr 08, 2008
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#78 » by thelead » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
Driguez wrote:Any Switch gamers out there? Been considering to get one because I have a soft spot for Nintendo and to get my son into Nintendo and stuff. Any must buy games?


I have one. The system is incredible. You and your son will not be disappointed. Right off the bat you should look into Super Mario Odyssey & Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Mario Kart 8 is really good along with Pokken Tournament if you’re into Pokèmon. The Switch also has a great Indie lineup as well especially now since you can play Fortnite on there now.


Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda
Mario Kart
Arms
Splatoon
SnipperClips (Hilarious game with another adult)

ALL worth it with a child...or even when they go to bed :lol:
Image
User avatar
PrimeShaq
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,661
And1: 5,386
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#79 » by PrimeShaq » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:42 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:My body is ready for Smash Bros on the Switch!

Was really hoping for that September release date :(

Super hyped for it nonetheless though. Love the idea of combining all of the previous Smash games. Melee will always be my favorite Smash game of all time so im glad we get to play it on upgraded graphics.
Image
User avatar
thelead
RealGM
Posts: 21,472
And1: 9,481
Joined: Apr 08, 2008
 

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#80 » by thelead » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:16 pm

I've never been a Smash fan but I'll give this one a go. That December release is disappointing though.
Image

Return to Orlando Magic