ImageImageImageImage

Call up OKC? offer #1 for SGA?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,452

Re: Call up OKC? offer #1 for SGA? 

Post#41 » by jezzerinho » Fri May 20, 2022 3:24 pm

MagicFan12345 wrote:Weltham said he is not trading the pick so it is not going to happen

No he didn't.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#42 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri May 20, 2022 3:24 pm

MagicFan12345 wrote:Weltham said he is not trading the pick so it is not going to happen

He also said he'd take calls.
So...
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,160

Post#43 » by Kent » Sat May 21, 2022 2:12 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Kent wrote:The Thunder won two more games than we did this season.

He's good, but he's not going to change the trajectory of our team as substantially as many of you are implying.

I'll roll the dice and bet our #1 pick moves the needle for us better (over time) than SGA on a max deal does for us now.

that OKC team was trash, what did you expect?

and wing players make more impact than bigs. just look around the league, look around the remaining teams.

You realize you're talking out two sides of your mouth, right?

If he's such an impactful player, why didn't the Thunder have more wins? Unless you're implying that without SGA, OKC wins 15 games. Maybe you are and what you're saying is valid. But I don't believe SGA is the kind of player that makes guys better and can carry a team.

And I disagree that wing players make more of an impact than bigs. It's about the right player, period.

Jokic, Dwight, Giannis... Just a few bigs that have made monumental impacts. Nash and CP3 have changed the fortunes of teams. So the wing being more impactful than a big isn't a foolproof argument.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,074

Post#44 » by tiderulz » Sat May 21, 2022 2:19 pm

Kent wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Kent wrote:The Thunder won two more games than we did this season.

He's good, but he's not going to change the trajectory of our team as substantially as many of you are implying.

I'll roll the dice and bet our #1 pick moves the needle for us better (over time) than SGA on a max deal does for us now.

that OKC team was trash, what did you expect?

and wing players make more impact than bigs. just look around the league, look around the remaining teams.

If he's such an impactful player, why didn't the Thunder have more wins? Unless you're implying that without SGA, OKC wins 15 games. Maybe you are and what you're saying is valid. But I don't believe SGA is the kind of player that makes guys better and can carry a team.

And I disagree that wing players make more of an impact than bigs. It's about the right player, period.

Jokic, Dwight, Giannis... Just a few bigs that have made monumental impacts. Nash and CP3 have changed the fortunes of teams. So the wing being more impactful than a big isn't a foolproof argument.

Lebron is still a top player, why didnt LA make the playoffs? it takes more than 1 player to do anything. And he was hurt, so was out for 26 games, so they would have likely won more than 2 games more than us. Jokic was sitting at home really quickly. Giannis isnt a tradition big. and the game has changed a lot since Dwight was able to make an impact. I agree its the right player, but Philly had one of the best bigs in the game and are at home because their wings suck.

anyways, this was just a thread to get away from the whole Chet vs Jabari vs Paulo.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#45 » by Hogified05 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:12 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:They offered SGA and the sixth pick last year to try to move up to first and the offer was rejected.

If OKC was as high on SGA as our board is, you'd think that they'd try to build something around him instead of tanking for a new centerpiece year after year.

Thunder fan coming in peace. This was a Jake Fischer rumor and no serious reporter has ever mentioned OKC willing to trade Shai. It's not impossible because Presti works in silence but from all his interviews (even more his recent post season interview) he wants him to stay. Only reason to trade is if he ask out.

I wouldn't trade SGA for #1 because I think the top of this draft isn't good enough and you are likely drafting a guy expecting a becomes a guy like SGA. I understand Magic fans if they prefer to keep the pick too.

Happy for you guys to get #1, just don't pick Chet please :lol:

I'd love to trade back to 2 and let yall make the decision and take whoever you don't specially if we could grab 12 as well.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#46 » by cedric76 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:40 am

TBH i would do offer a lot for SGA

Mixed of the assets below:

Ross
Cole
Chuma
our SRP
future 1st
RJ
Take on a bad contract
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#47 » by zaymon » Sun May 22, 2022 8:00 am

tiderulz wrote:
Kent wrote:
tiderulz wrote:that OKC team was trash, what did you expect?

Lebron is still a top player, why didnt LA make the playoffs? it takes more than 1 player to do anything. And he was hurt, so was out for 26 games, so they would have likely won more than 2 games more than us. Jokic was sitting at home really quickly. Giannis isnt a tradition big. and the game has changed a lot since Dwight was able to make an impact. I agree its the right player, but Philly had one of the best bigs in the game and are at home because their wings suck.

anyways, this was just a thread to get away from the whole Chet vs Jabari vs Paulo.

Lakers were 25-31 with Lebron. 8-18 without him.
OKC were 16-40 with SGA. 8-18 without him.
I see a pattern here ;)
Thats 23 y.o SGA vs 37 y.o Lebron.
SGA doesnt have enough impact to trade #1 pick imo.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#48 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun May 22, 2022 8:25 am

Bergmaniac wrote:Of course I'd try, but there is no way OKC would agree. SGA is worth way more than the number one pick in a weak draft.

imagine thinking this was a weak draft. Yikes. Banchero is Tatum 2.0. Smith is MPJ 2.0. Chet is a cross between Camby and Mobley. Ivey will be a star. Sharpe might be a superstar like Kobe. Seriously, you need to do some research. And there's very good depth too.

Return to Orlando Magic