ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

Rainwater
RealGM
And1: 6,372

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#1001 » by Rainwater » Sat May 25, 2024 5:08 am

Petre1978 wrote:I bring a lot of shooting ability, which is very important for me and the team I'll be playing for," George told Hoops Hype's Cyro Asseo at the combine.
"I have a good IQ so I can just bring energy, shooting ability, versatility, play some defense and help out all over the court."

He is currently projected as a first-round pick according to a number of mock drafts: No. 17 New Orleans (NBADraft.net), No. 18 Orlando (Sporting News), No. 24 New York (CBS Sports), No. 24 New York (ESPN), No. 24 New York (Bleacher Report) and No. 29 Utah (The Ringer).

"Strong candidate to be a late-riser in this process," CBS Sports' Kyle Boone wrote.

"George shot 40.8 percent from 3-point range and rated in the 92nd percentile as a catch-and-shoot weapon as a freshman at Miami last season, per Synergy data.
Huge frame and does a little of everything that will have NBA teams intrigued."

Strong feeling that George will be a Magic player.

He is extremely raw. He is years from being impactful.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Post#1002 » by RookieStar » Sat May 25, 2024 5:57 am

Im probavly out. Other team boards are talking about who they are bringing in for workouts and interviews while we cant even confirm if we s3nt anyone to the combine.
Rainwater
RealGM
And1: 6,372

Post#1003 » by Rainwater » Sat May 25, 2024 6:00 am

RookieStar wrote:Im probavly out. Other team boards are talking about who they are bringing in for workouts and interviews while we cant even confirm if we s3nt anyone to the combine.

trading the pick maybe?!?!?!
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1004 » by RookieStar » Sat May 25, 2024 9:08 am

Rainwater wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Im probavly out. Other team boards are talking about who they are bringing in for workouts and interviews while we cant even confirm if we s3nt anyone to the combine.

Wouldnt surprise me a bit. We arent even leaked in this draft.
Petre1978
Sixth Man
And1: 431

Post#1005 » by Petre1978 » Sat May 25, 2024 11:03 am

Reisende soll man nicht aufhalten
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1006 » by RookieStar » Sat May 25, 2024 11:32 am

Petre1978 wrote:

Eeerrrrr danke? Nein? Germans non existant.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,693

Post#1007 » by pepe1991 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:09 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Sounds only logical tho?
Having yet another player on guaranteed contract stuck in G league makes no sense.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Petre1978
Sixth Man

Post#1008 » by Petre1978 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:15 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Petre1978 wrote:

Eeerrrrr danke? Nein? Germans non existant.

Weiss nicht was du damit meinst.
Sprachlich scheinst du nicht sehr begabt zu sein aber das überrascht micht nicht.
Wenn ich das lese was du hier so schreibst weiss ich dass du nicht der hellste bist.
Wie die meisten hier laberst du den ganzen Tag nur Müll.
three3d
Pro Prospect
And1: 209

Post#1009 » by three3d » Sat May 25, 2024 4:09 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Sounds only logical tho?
Having yet another player on guaranteed contract stuck in G league makes no sense.

The Jett pick was bad last year and the the mishandling of AB during the season was putrid BUT there is some serious value there with the 18th pick. Devin Carter, Terrence Shannon JR, Carlton Carringron, Nikola Djurisic, Baylor Shireman, and Zach Edey could be targets there and all could provide much needed help. Might even be interested in moving up to the 12th pick and doing a draft and trade with OKC involving the 12th pick and the 18th pick + player to be named ( outside core 3 ) if we really like one of those guys.
three3d
Pro Prospect

Post#1010 » by three3d » Sat May 25, 2024 4:40 pm

Something I don’t think has been mentioned is the possibility that the handling of Anthony Black and Jett Howard could potentially hurt us in this draft. Take Devin Carter for instance, he’s actually signed by WME Sports who also represents……ANTHONY BLACK! Carter had one of the best combines, plays great defense and fits a need we have at point guard with the desired defensive abilities.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1011 » by RookieStar » Sat May 25, 2024 9:13 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Sounds only logical tho?

But im sure there are so many super raw rookies right now hoping to get drafted for guaranteed money because in another draft they would get undrafted. #18 pick is still guaranteed millions.

So those millions could sure reconcile that prospected rookie to play and develop in the GL next season.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1012 » by RookieStar » Sat May 25, 2024 9:21 pm

three3d wrote:Something I don’t think has been mentioned is the possibility that the handling of Anthony Black and Jett Howard could potentially hurt us in this draft. Take Devin Carter for instance, he’s actually signed by WME Sports who also represents……ANTHONY BLACK! Carter had one of the best combines, plays great defense and fits a need we have at point guard with the desired defensive abilities.

IT depends. Look at it from the Agents POV.

You are the agent of Jett.
Many including here thinks and knows he is RAW and should have been picked lower. Hence lesser guaranteed money.
Magic org says we will draft and develop the dude and get him ready for next season all the while paying him an 11th pick contract

IF you believe that Jett should have been picked 16th and below compared to the 11th, thats lke more than 5million dollars difference.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#1013 » by cedric76 » Sat May 25, 2024 10:36 pm

three3d wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Sounds only logical tho?

The Jett pick was bad last year and the the mishandling of AB during the season was putrid BUT there is some serious value there with the 18th pick. Devin Carter, Terrence Shannon JR, Carlton Carringron, Nikola Djurisic, Baylor Shireman, and Zach Edey could be targets there and all could provide much needed help. Might even be interested in moving up to the 12th pick and doing a draft and trade with OKC involving the 12th pick and the 18th pick + player to be named ( outside core 3 ) if we really like one of those guys.

What was bad about Jett s pick? What are you talking about? Jett is new version of draft and stash.
Which benefited both parties

Just because you don't get it that I means that it was putrid

You r just not on that level yet, but you should understand it better next season when black and Jett are unleashed
Unleash Jett

Suggs,AB,cole
KCP, Jett,harris
Franz,da silva,Houstan
Paolo,JI, moe
WCJ,JI,Goga

Bet with Knightro $50 to charity if AB beat cole
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,315

Post#1014 » by Skybox » Sat May 25, 2024 11:22 pm

cedric76 wrote:
three3d wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Sounds only logical tho?

What was bad about Jett s pick? What are you talking about? Jett is new version of draft and stash.

You r just not on that level yet, but you should understand it better next season when black and Jett are unleashed

I really hope you're right...but this whole "Weltman's a genius. You just don't get it" is a pretty arrogant statement...nobody had him ranked that high and he didn't contribute ANYTHING in his rookie year. It's not that easy a sale, in my opinion, to get on board with "Brilliant work Weltman. Your plan is unfolding perfectly"..."Jett will be so much better off next year" - why is that a supportable position?
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 608

Post#1015 » by MasterGMer » Sat May 25, 2024 11:56 pm

I think some of you are so eager to write Jett and AB off. They didn't make all Rookie team, yes. But they were a rookie on a 5th seed playoff team. Remember Jalen Suggs? Give them some time. I think they will turn out to be a good asset for us, if not next season
Petre1978
Sixth Man

Post#1016 » by Petre1978 » Sun May 26, 2024 12:15 am

cedric76 wrote:
three3d wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Sounds only logical tho?

Most people here don't get it
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,240

Post#1017 » by KillMonger » Sun May 26, 2024 12:33 am

I get it, it's not that hard to get personally
three3d
Pro Prospect

Post#1018 » by three3d » Sun May 26, 2024 2:01 am

cedric76 wrote:
three3d wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Sounds only logical tho?

What was bad about the Jett pick? Lol are you serious? Before I totally rip you apart tell me what your expectations are for Jett next season.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,240

Post#1019 » by KillMonger » Sun May 26, 2024 2:52 am

Jesus man people became spoiled, they expect results right away from rookies when normally it isn't like that for most. There were people saying that Suggs was a bust initially, but with time I doubt those people are keeping that same energy these days. Calling a rook a bad pick shortly after their rookie year with no context at all? Amateur hour imo
Petre1978
Sixth Man

Post#1020 » by Petre1978 » Sun May 26, 2024 3:07 am

KillMonger wrote:Jesus man people became spoiled, they expect results right away from rookies when normally it isn't like that for most. There were people saying that Suggs was a bust initially, but with time I doubt those people are keeping that same energy these days. Calling a rook a bad pick shortly after their rookie year with no context at all? Amateur hour imo

I agree.

Return to Orlando Magic