ImageImageImageImage

2016 Official Speculation Thread: Episode V - The Preseason Strikes Back

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,535

Re: 2016 Official Speculation Thread: Episode V - The Dire Wait 

Post#1441 » by shadrock » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:32 am

AddiFB wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:
AddiFB wrote:
I don't get it :oops:

Watching the videos from post practice and the reporters asked every player how they felt when Frank got vocal when they failed a drill. Then they asked Frank. Just seems so amateur of them to ask about stuff like that.

Ahh.. the media softness. These are grown men paid millions to play a sport. They aren't babies that need to be pampered.

You've missed the point completely. From the articles I've read sofar, Frank had a tough approach to the first session, and pushed them very hard, which is what the articles have focussed on. Fans want to know about this stuff. Obviously the questions you have to ask of players in order to report on this is related to how they felt about this, and sofar, all the players have loved it saying things like "it was great" or "hes really pushing us out there". I don't see a problem. It really had nothing to do with them being pampered, and everything to do with telling the story of day 1 with a new coach.
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#1442 » by rusoopE » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:22 pm

shadrock wrote:
AddiFB wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:
Watching the videos from post practice and the reporters asked every player how they felt when Frank got vocal when they failed a drill. Then they asked Frank. Just seems so amateur of them to ask about stuff like that.

Ahh.. the media softness. These are grown men paid millions to play a sport. They aren't babies that need to be pampered.

You've missed the point completely. From the articles I've read sofar, Frank had a tough approach to the first session, and pushed them very hard, which is what the articles have focussed on. Fans want to know about this stuff. Obviously the questions you have to ask of players in order to report on this is related to how they felt about this, and sofar, all the players have loved it saying things like "it was great" or "hes really pushing us out there". I don't see a problem. It really had nothing to do with them being pampered, and everything to do with telling the story of day 1 with a new coach.

[url][/url]
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Re: 2016 Official Speculation Thread: Episode V - We're talking about practice! 

Post#1443 » by darthcheech2000 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:53 pm

The still image of that video is borderline NSFW, 80's...

also, some of you alls avatars are the same. Lucky for me they are so small.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,506

Post#1444 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:04 pm

AddiFB wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:
AddiFB wrote:
I don't get it :oops:

Fan softness bothers me more than it coming from the media. It's never ending on this board especially.

"But, but, but... if we don't spoon feed minutes to our raw rookie how will he ever develop? It will crippled his self confidence until the end of time if we make him come off the bench for a season!"

Why in the world would anyone even want a guy such as this on their team? If their confidence is shaken so easily then kick their ass to the Euro league.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#1445 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:29 pm

with AG out, do we know who is running with the 1st team?
mr2good
Senior
And1: 355

Post#1446 » by mr2good » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:39 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:with AG out, do we know who is running with the 1st team?

Do we even have a first team with EP & AG out :lol: ... :cry:
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#1447 » by Rick Rolled » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Just found out that we are on NBATV on the 5th of October vs Cleveland. A nice little bonus for us.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 346

Post#1448 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Umm. .. I haven't been lurking for a few weeks, so can someone please tell me what happened to AG?
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#1449 » by Rick Rolled » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:54 pm

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:Umm. .. I haven't been lurking for a few weeks, so can someone please tell me what happened to AG?

Minor ankle sprain that's going to limit him a bit in training camp.

He's expected to be ready for the 1st preseason game.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,159

Post#1450 » by Def Swami » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:33 pm

Joey Colon with the scoop!
Read on Twitter
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#1451 » by EAS Law » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Def Swami wrote:Joey Colon with the scoop!
Read on Twitter

Excellent news. I will take this with a grain of salt and resist my urge to be optimistic, but he's telling us that our doubts about ability to score may be premature? (some of us already knew Vuc had some potential as an NBA player--Colon was saying he dominated on offense)

I didn't catch the last part where he mentions something about defense. Was he saying something to the effect of "we know Vuc is limited defensively"?

That would be very nice. Obviously, we need to see this against another NBA team of starters at game speed, but it's nice to read that we aren't completely defunct offensively.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 437

Post#1452 » by T-Cat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:52 pm

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:Umm. .. I haven't been lurking for a few weeks, so can someone please tell me what happened to AG?

I can't wait for AG to dunk on LeBron and cement himself as a player to lookout for this upcoming season! :nod: :nod:
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,124

Post#1453 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:07 pm

EAS Law wrote:
Def Swami wrote:Joey Colon with the scoop!
Read on Twitter

Excellent news. I will take this with a grain of salt and resist my urge to be optimistic, but he's telling us that our doubts about ability to score may be premature? (some of us already knew Vuc had some potential as an NBA player--Colon was saying he dominated on offense)

I didn't catch the last part where he mentions something about defense. Was he saying something to the effect of "we know Vuc is limited defensively"?

That would be very nice. Obviously, we need to see this against another NBA team of starters at game speed, but it's nice to read that we aren't completely defunct offensively.

pretty much "Besides defense this team can score" :-)
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,124

Post#1454 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:11 pm

shadrock wrote:
AddiFB wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:

I loved when i read about that drill. He set a goal that they initially failed to achieve. Then set another goal and they achieved it by pushing and encouraging one another to find that next gear. Not only did the succeed ... but exceeded. And the players are responding tremendously to his way of teaching. Positive reinforcement etc. Will definitely help in bringing the best out of players.... both the young and even the recently paid. lol And the only way to succeed is... "As a team"
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#1455 » by magicman112 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:35 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
shadrock wrote:
AddiFB wrote:

I loved when i read about that drill. He set a goal that they initially failed to achieve. Then set another goal and they achieved it by pushing and encouraging one another to find that next gear. Not only did the succeed ... but exceeded. And the players are responding tremendously to his way of teaching. Positive reinforcement etc. Will definitely help in bringing the best out of players.... both the young and even the recently paid. lol And the only way to succeed is... "As a team"

Vogel is going to push them to get the best out of them but he's not going to be like "this is my system you have to fit into it and do what I tell you because I'm the coach and I say so." He's going to explain to them why they're doing it and that by doing it they're going to be better prepared to win games.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#1456 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:31 am

I have lost alot of interest in the team after they traded my two favorite players on the team and everything else the FO did this summer.

Wake me up when we have competent management.
mr2good
Senior
And1: 355

Post#1457 » by mr2good » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:36 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:I have lost alot of interest in the team after they traded my two favorite players on the team and everything else the FO did this summer.

Lol, glad you're off the bandwagon. You won't be welcome back on board when the Magic's dominant defense leads them to the playoffs this year!
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#1458 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:38 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:I have lost alot of interest in the team after they traded my two favorite players on the team and everything else the FO did this summer.

see ya later then, don't jump back on the bandwagon when the team gets better.
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1459 » by OrlandO » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:40 am

And then the season starts and you're sucked right back in...
Don't worry, you will find another favorite player to replace the void left by Channing Frye...
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,945

Post#1460 » by OrlandoDream » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:45 am

We sucked man. I liked Dipo and Tobes too much we had a dysfunctional team that just didn't fit well together. It was a tough decision but had to be made for the effort of winning.

Return to Orlando Magic