ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Isaac is looking huge compared to last season.

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,962

Re: Jonathan Isaac is looking huge compared to last season. 

Post#161 » by basketballRob » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:05 pm

I heard Weltman was the one that saw something in Siakam and helped prevent them from cutting him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,157

Post#162 » by KillMonger » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:47 pm

In year 3 he should be getting more touches, I don't understand why he's still being used as a decoy in this offense.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,055

Post#163 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 am

basketballRob wrote:I heard Weltman was the one that saw something in Siakam and helped prevent them from cutting him.

That something was the length of his arms.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,482

Post#164 » by Papi_swav » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:59 am

Wish I had this guy on my team, he's a keeper. Definitely will get some 1st team defense votes and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets DPOY some time in his career.
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#165 » by rusoopE » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:36 am

My guy proving wrong

Sent from my 5033A using RealGM mobile app
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,994

Post#166 » by Knightro » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Drummond has played 12 games compared to just 10 for Isaac.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,058

Post#167 » by drsd » Wed Dec 4, 2019 11:08 am

Isaac is quietly leading the NBA in bpg.

In that:
1) he has at least one block in every game.
2) he has a higher bpg stat line than fouls per game.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,994

Post#168 » by Knightro » Wed Dec 4, 2019 12:18 pm

I actually thought last night was Isaac’s worst defensive game of the season outside of that spectacular block on Beal.

He got scored on quite a few times and generally looked a tiny bit slow getting to his spots which almost never happens for him.

I’m sure it was just a blip on the radar though.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#169 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Dec 4, 2019 1:23 pm

Knightro wrote:I actually thought last night was Isaac’s worst defensive game of the season outside of that spectacular block on Beal.

He got scored on quite a few times and generally looked a tiny bit slow getting to his spots which almost never happens for him.

If there is one thing defensively Isaac has struggled with at times since entering the league it's been when he’s asked to guard a player with Bertans skillset. Having to chase a player around countless screens and at the 3pt line isn't his strong suit. It’s a lot harder for a 7 footer to do it then it is for a smaller forward. He definitely excels against the isolation type scorers like Pascal over the Bertans of the world.

Guarding and contesting around screens is the one thing AG has always been able to do exceptionally well especially in the Toronto series against Kawai last year.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,459

Post#170 » by NavalAviator94 » Thu Dec 5, 2019 4:03 am

PrimeThyme wrote:
Knightro wrote:I actually thought last night was Isaac’s worst defensive game of the season outside of that spectacular block on Beal.

If there is one thing defensively Isaac has struggled with at times since entering the league it's been when he’s asked to guard a player with Bertans skillset. Having to chase a player around countless screens and at the 3pt line isn't his strong suit. It’s a lot harder for a 7 footer to do it then it is for a smaller forward. He definitely excels against the isolation type scorers like Pascal over the Bertans of the world.

Guarding and contesting around screens is the one thing AG has always been able to do exceptionally well especially in the Toronto series against Kawai last year.

And Isaac was definitely a step slow tonight. I’m sure his conditioning will get better as the season goes along but definitely something he has to work on next summer.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,962

Post#171 » by basketballRob » Thu Dec 5, 2019 1:31 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:

And Isaac was definitely a step slow tonight. I’m sure his conditioning will get better as the season goes along but definitely something he has to work on next summer.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
Hopefully by playoff time if we make it all the starters will be able to play 35+ minutes without any loss of production.

I noticed when we played the Raptors they had a couple players playing around 40 minutes. Who knows how good we can be if we can start riding the hot hands on any given night 40 minutes.

It seems like Cliff is starting to ramp up the minutes, hopefully in the next few games against good teams we'll see what a playoff rotation looks like.

Return to Orlando Magic