ImageImageImageImage

Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 3.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,987

Re: Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 3.0 

Post#1901 » by RookieStar » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:54 am

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Go get him this summer?

Eh can we? ATL will qsk the moon for him
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,631

Post#1902 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:03 am

And, some people wanted Tyus instead . . .

I would given 3 1sts and Fultz for Dejounte.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 605

Post#1903 » by MasterGMer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:07 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:And, some people wanted Tyus instead . . .

Man, 1 FRP from Lakers plus Austin Reaves could get it done. Why giving up 3 1sts? :roll:
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 605

Post#1904 » by MasterGMer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:11 am

btw Trae Young could even be available this summer and i have seen report saying Young is more likely to be traded than Murray. Would you put up a trade package to get Trae? Dude is only 25 years old also
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1905 » by RookieStar » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:13 am

MasterGMer wrote:

Man, 1 FRP from Lakers plus Austin Reaves could get it done. Why giving up 3 1sts? :roll:

Lakers discount/blackmail?

You know ATL is gonna ask for Suggs, 2 FRP and 1 pick swap from us.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 25,081

Post#1906 » by Knightro » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:37 am

MasterGMer wrote:btw Trae Young could even be available this summer and i have seen report saying Young is more likely to be traded than Murray. Would you put up a trade package to get Trae? Dude is only 25 years old also

Like I always say...

Multiple things can be true at the same time.

Yes, Trae is a lot better than Murray.

Yes, Trae is (IMO) vastly underrated by this board.

But ultimately I don't think the Magic would bring someone *that* ball dominant into the mix. Trae is a career 32 USG% guy. Bringing him in completely overhauls the way the Magic play basketball and I'm not sure they are looking to do that necessarily.

Murray is a career 24 USG% guy, which is a lot more "second or third banana depending on the night" kind of usage offensively. I think that's more along the lines of what the Magic would look to acquire.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 25,081

Post#1907 » by Knightro » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:37 am

RookieStar wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:

Lakers discount/blackmail?

You know ATL is gonna ask for Suggs, 2 FRP and 1 pick swap from us.

Then it's just a simple no thanks and move on.

The Magic don't have to make a deal that isn't favorable for them.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Post#1908 » by cedric76 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:20 am

On paper Murray is the perfect fit, he can defend (imagine the suggs+Murray backcourt), he can pass and hit the 3 (not scared to launch them).

I really like his contract (good length)

3 FRP is a lot , but on draft day we could ship 2024 Frp + 2025 Frp+ 2025 den Frp

I m not sure we can afford to send that much

That's 3 non lottery pick for a guy that fits perfectly

Then
Re-sign Harris 1+1
Goga on 1+1 (unlikely he takes that, if he doesn't, you go after another cheap C)
Pick option on Joe+ Moe
Use 2RP on high potential

Murray - AB - Cole
Suggs - Jett - Harris
Franz - Joe - Houstan
Paolo - JI - Moe
Wcj - JI - Moe - goga

That's a contender team
Draft Carrington (Gleague) and Trade up for Dunn

Suggs,AB,cole
Monk, Melton,Jett
Franz,Jett,Houstan, Dunn
Paolo,moe,JI,Joe,Dunn
WCJ,JI,Goga
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1909 » by RookieStar » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:53 am

cedric76 wrote:

On paper Murray is the perfect fit, he can defend (imagine the suggs+Murray backcourt), he can pass and hit the 3 (not scared to launch them).

3 FRP is a lot , but on draft day we could ship 2024 Frp + 2025 Frp+ 2025 den Frp

Then
Re-sign Harris 1+1
Goga on 1+1 (unlikely he takes that, if he doesn't, you go after another cheap C)
Pick option on Joe+ Moe

Murray - AB - Cole
Suggs - Jett - Harris
Franz - Joe - Houstan
Paolo - JI - Moe
Wcj - JI - Moe - goga

That's a contender team

If you are ATL, Murray is still under contract amd not giving dwightmare vibes, would you reqlly settle for just 3 non lotto FRPs? Esp to a div rival?

We will be lucky if they settle for AB + 3 FRPs but more than likely they will ask for Suggs probably.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,998

Post#1910 » by basketballRob » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:15 am

The ship has already sailed on Murray. I believe Trae will be the one traded, and the Lakers are preparing to offer everything they can for him.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1911 » by basketballRob » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:49 am

Wendell for Kennard and the Grizzlies 1st round pick. It's possible that the Grizzlies just don't pick up Kennard's option.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,466

Post#1912 » by pepe1991 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:10 am

basketballRob wrote:Wendell for Kennard and the Grizzlies 1st round pick. It's possible that the Grizzlies just don't pick up Kennard's option.

Grizzlies have 32% chance at drafting top 4. They can get more than Wendell, who they also don't need ( Jaren Jackson).

Not sure who would *need* Wendell. Maybe Warriors, Suns & Hornets.

But i don't really think we need to trade Wendell, he is being scapegoated for kind a fluky streak of wins with Goga.
During 9 games winning streak, 6 wins were against teams below .500. Add to that win against Boston without Holiday and one half of Porzingis & Nuggets win without Jamal Murray and you get better picture of that streak.

Or in same streak, against Bulls, when he had 2 points, 4 fouls, 4 rebounds,, Black has 2 points, 0 assists , but we win, and everybody just has collective loss of memory of that game where we won only and just only because we outscore Bulls bench with our own 51-8 ( as bench scores 51 out of 103 points for us).
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1913 » by basketballRob » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:20 am

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Wendell for Kennard and the Grizzlies 1st round pick. It's possible that the Grizzlies just don't pick up Kennard's option.

Grizzlies have 32% chance at drafting top 4. They can get more than Wendell, who they also don't need ( Jaren Jackson).

But i don't really think we need to trade Wendell, he is being scapegoated for kind a fluky streak of wins with Goga.
During 9 games winning streak, 6 wins were against teams below .500. Add to that win against Boston without Holiday and one half of Porzingis & Nuggets win without Jamal Murray and you get better picture of that streak.

Or in same streak, against Bulls, when he had 2 points, 4 fouls, 4 rebounds,, Black has 2 points, 0 assists , but we win, and everybody just has collective loss of memory of that game where we won only and just only because we outscore Bulls bench with our own 51-8 ( as bench scores 51 out of 103 points for us).
Jackson has almost exclusively played PF prior to this season. They've traded Adams and Tillman. They are definitely in the market for a center. The Grizzlies are near the luxury tax already. It'll be interesting what they do.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,466

Post#1914 » by pepe1991 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:35 am

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Jackson has almost exclusively played PF prior to this season. They've traded Adams and Tillman. They are definitely in the market for a center. The Grizzlies are near the luxury tax already. It'll be interesting what they do.

Yea but Wendell himslef is a tweener between PF & C.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,247

Post#1915 » by tiderulz » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:51 am

MasterGMer wrote:btw Trae Young could even be available this summer and i have seen report saying Young is more likely to be traded than Murray. Would you put up a trade package to get Trae? Dude is only 25 years old also

while possible, thats not the word around Atlanta
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,091

Post#1916 » by Skybox » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I would add OKC and SAS to the WCJ list...I think he could contribute just about anywhere...but I really like the fit next to a slimmer, more finesse/skill Center. WCJ can add muscle on one end and spread the floor...also, can give quality minutes at 4/5. I'm happy to keep WCJ - but he seems like the most valuable, expendable, versatile win-now piece we could offer in a deal.

I'd add GSW. I could see him as part of an ATL deal too...if they were moving out Capela. WCJ could play with Okongwu, but also share time at C....again, not many places he couldn't play a role. I like WCJ on a lot of other rosters more than his fit with ORL.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 715

Post#1917 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:30 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Go get him this summer?

You really like him. What is up with that?

If we didn't have Suggs and some interesting draft picks behind us then maybe.

My bigger challenge is Suggs + Franz + Paolo + Murray shouldn't leave any cap room is my guess.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Post#1918 » by cedric76 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:43 pm

RookieStar wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

Then
Re-sign Harris 1+1
Pick option on Joe+ Moe

Murray - AB - Cole
Suggs - Jett - Harris
Franz - Joe - Houstan
Paolo - JI - Moe
Wcj - JI - Moe - goga

That's a contender team

If you are ATL, Murray is still under contract amd not giving dwightmare vibes, would you reqlly settle for just 3 non lotto FRPs? Esp to a div rival?

We will be lucky if they settle for AB + 3 FRPs but more than likely they will ask for Suggs probably.

Easy, if they want more it s a no go and you move on
Draft Carrington (Gleague) and Trade up for Dunn

Suggs,AB,cole
Monk, Melton,Jett
Franz,Jett,Houstan, Dunn
Paolo,moe,JI,Joe,Dunn
WCJ,JI,Goga
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,077

Post#1919 » by drsd » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:56 pm

I am still amassed that the Mavs got Dončić for only Young's draft rights and a pick (who became Cam Reddish; who became Kevin Knox).
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,089

Post#1920 » by p0peye » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:39 pm

drsd wrote:

I am still amassed that the Mavs got Dončić for only Young's draft rights and a pick (who became Cam Reddish; who became Kevin Knox).

It is possible that many players we deem untouchable today could be had if you trade for them early enough.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1497709&start=280#p50475837

Return to Orlando Magic