ImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Deadline Thread 2/19 3 PM EST

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread 2/19 3 PM EST 

Post#21 » by Baka_La Flame » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:24 am

I know.. I'm swinging for the fences
We send a future first to sac.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m2gntk6
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#22 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:33 am

Orlandipo wrote:I know.. I'm swinging for the fences

This would only happen if cousins demanded a trade.
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#23 » by Baka_La Flame » Sun Feb 8, 2015 8:07 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:

Yea I know. It's just a matter of time
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,061

Post#24 » by drsd » Sun Feb 8, 2015 8:42 am

Orlando might need to throw a first in their for Denver, but you just made:
Payton/Oladipo/Gordon-A/Cousins/Vučević. Mechanically, those five are a perfect talent mix.

GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Post#25 » by GANGSTERDOG » Sun Feb 8, 2015 8:54 am

Sorry but to get CCousins in a Magic uniform it starts and ends with Vucevic.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#26 » by tiderulz » Sun Feb 8, 2015 2:15 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:

and Sacramento would want a big man back
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#27 » by j-ragg » Sun Feb 8, 2015 2:36 pm

Sacramento would also want talent back. Trade sucks for them.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,635

Post#28 » by eyriq » Sun Feb 8, 2015 2:43 pm

Sadly there aren't any superstars forcing their way out that I know of. Maybe swapping Frye for a better fit is in the cards? Or trading Ben Gordon for a backup pg or sf? We don't have any valuable vets to use in a Afflalo/Redick style trade, though maybe we use Harkless or Nicholson in the reverse and package them with Gordon for a solid in prime vet? I'd be cool with that.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 861

Post#29 » by axl_c_cool » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:11 pm

I actually think the Lakers trade could make sense for both teams, I would prefer it if Channing Frye was added and this year 1st round pick or the right to swap picks. I know Randle could turn out better, the Lakers don't really rebuild and Kobe will want to compete

Sent from my D2303 using RealGM Forums mobile app
axl_c_cool
Analyst

Post#30 » by axl_c_cool » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:29 pm

Orlando Sends: Tobias Harris + Channing Frye + Dedmon

LA Lakers Sends: Steve Nash + Julius Randle + Future 1st + Right to swap 2015 1st round pick + 2015 2nd round pick

LA lakers

Lin/Draft pick
Bryant/Young
Harris
Frye/Boozer
Dedmon/Davis

That team is much better offensively and takes some of the scoring load off Kobe, the concern is defence, although it isnt terrible, it needs help

Payton/Curry (called up)
Oladipo/Fournier
Gordon/Harkless/Marble
Randle/Nicholson
Vucevic/O'Quinn

We also add this year's draft picks and we are deep moving forward

axl_c_cool
Analyst

Post#31 » by axl_c_cool » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:32 pm

If we managed to draft Towns he starts next to Vucevic and Randle comes off the bench with O'Quinn to balance scoring and defence in the front court

ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#32 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:46 pm

californiadude wrote:Just out of curiosity, If we (the W's) offered you guys David Lee for Channing Frye...What kind of sweetener would you throw in if any???

I have no interest in Lee as a player for this team. He does have a shorter deal than Frye but he would add 7 mill to our cap next year so I would consider it but all I would add to this deal is any of our other vets. I wouldn't deal Nicholson or Harkless. I think it is a pretty fair deal. If the Warriors want him over Lee then they are getting the player they want and would be saving 7 mill on next years cap. It does add to future years but if they like him it wud be at cheaper rate both this year and next so in the end they would be paying about the same amount of money.
VoiceOReason
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#33 » by VoiceOReason » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:48 pm

You think Harris is worth Randle and a another first? I have a hard time believing Lakers would give up that much while getting a slightly overpaid Frye.....

Wouldn't Lakers have cap to just sign Tobias in off-season?
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#34 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:49 pm

californiadude wrote:
Truth24 wrote:
californiadude wrote:Just out of curiosity, If we (the W's) offered you guys David Lee for Channing Frye...What kind of sweetener would you throw in if any???

I would throw in WG and BG and call it a day. lol

Yeah dude aren't you feeling generous :)

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

You shouldn't expect much more than that. As I said it is a pretty fair deal and us giving up any of our young talent just wouldn't be prudent.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#35 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:04 pm

The1llness wrote:

I can't imagine, given the fact that the Dubs are going to have six guys making eight-figure salaries next season, that they are keen on taking ANY sort of long term salary past next season, regardless of whatever sweetener they get in return. In all likelihood they just let Lee walk after his contract is up.

Lee is expendable and since they aren't going to have any cap space to go after much in free agency or high draft picks(and even then they traded some of them away already). Trading Lee would probably be about all they have if they want to add to this team now. Plus if they look to use the mid-level exception this saves them 7 mill and helps them stay under the tax line. If they like Frye over Lee I could see them doing this deal. Plus with the cap going up this deal will only get better and it does get a little bit smaller each year. Though not sure the Warriors value Frye over Lee and I don't see us adding much so I question whether the Warriors would do it. It only makes sense if they like and want Frye over Lee.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Re: 

Post#36 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:12 pm

axl_c_cool wrote:I actually think the Lakers trade could make sense for both teams, I would prefer it if Channing Frye was added and this year 1st round pick or the right to swap picks. I know Randle could turn out better, the Lakers don't really rebuild and Kobe will want to compete

As I said earlier I highly doubt the Lakers would want to give up on Randle yet. He has potential to be better than Harris. And puuting Frye in place of that future first makes it even worse for the Lakers. So I doubt the Lakers would do the original proposed trade and they definitely would do the one you are proposing where they would take Frye instead of that first.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Re: 

Post#37 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:30 pm

axl_c_cool wrote:Orlando Sends: Tobias Harris + Channing Frye + Dedmon

LA Lakers Sends: Steve Nash + Julius Randle + Future 1st + Right to swap 2015 1st round pick + 2015 2nd round pick

LA lakers

Lin/Draft pick
Bryant/Young
Harris
Frye/Boozer
Dedmon/Davis

That team is much better offensively and takes some of the scoring load off Kobe, the concern is defence, although it isnt terrible, it needs help

Payton/Curry (called up)
Oladipo/Fournier
Gordon/Harkless/Marble
Randle/Nicholson
Vucevic/O'Quinn

We also add this year's draft picks and we are deep moving forward

Not a chance that the Lakers do that. They are getting hosed. I highly doubt the Lakers would give up just Randle for Harris. Yeah of course they want tow in but they still have to be practical and Randle has potential to be better than Harris and they very well might have to rebuild as they are not in a good position to get better quickly. Bryant's latest injury made that even more likely. They only have room for one max guy and I don't see a the better guys being that keen on being the only one that would come and having to wait a year for when Kobe's deal expires to go after more help.

But in your deal you want them to take on future money as they would have to resign Harris and also now pay Frye. I think they would much rather have the cap space. They wouldn't have much if any cap space for 2015 after that deal and it also eats into future cap space as well. Plus you want them to give up a future first(which they wouldn't be able to till 2019 at the earliest and also give us the right to swap firsts next year. Which could be bad as if we land out of the top 5 and they end up in there then I believe they would have to send that pick to Phoenix. So there is absolutely no way the Lakers do that one. That very well could eclipse the worst trade ever when in the NFL Minnesota traded away a ton for Hershel Walker. The Lakers would laugh at that proposal.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#38 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:33 pm

VoiceOReason wrote:You think Harris is worth Randle and a another first? I have a hard time believing Lakers would give up that much while getting a slightly overpaid Frye.....

Wouldn't Lakers have cap to just sign Tobias in off-season?

Yep they would but trading for him means they don't have to worry about us matching and also Harris may not want to go there so he could turn down an offer from them. But as I said I highly doubt the Lakers would give up Randle for Harris and giving up more than that as well just isn't going to happen.
Tcarl67
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#39 » by Tcarl67 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 7:23 pm

Devin 1L wrote:
drpepper10 wrote:will this be a good trade ben gordon for Tayshaun Prince?

You trying to break the internet, man?

:lol: :rofl2:
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Official Trade Deadline Thread 2/19 3 PM EST 

Post#40 » by californiadude » Mon Feb 9, 2015 1:09 am

ralphie9898 wrote:
californiadude wrote:
Truth24 wrote:
I would throw in WG and BG and call it a day. lol

Yeah dude aren't you feeling generous :)

You shouldn't expect much more than that. As I said it is a pretty fair deal and us giving up any of our young talent just wouldn't be prudent.

Hey no judgement here. I really didn't know what to expect. If we could dump Lee for an expiring on a third team or a guy with a lower dollar amount (KG, Gerald Henderson etc.) would you be willing to add any incentive then?

Return to Orlando Magic