ImageImageImageImage

Boogie love affair

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,159

Re: Boogie love affair 

Post#21 » by Def Swami » Sat Mar 7, 2015 6:55 pm

Viper1500 wrote:If we're going to make an offer for Cousins, it would need to include 2 of Vuc/Payton/Gordon/2015 1st rnd pick. I'd lean towards Gordon/2015 1st if we feel Vuc is a capable PF. After this I'd target A. Brooks and Danny Green via FA

Payton/Brooks
Oladipo/Green
Harris/Fournier
Vucevic/
Cousins/Dedmon

love it

I'd start the conversation there as well.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#22 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:00 pm

No thanks, don't want him.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,716

Post#23 » by Viper1500 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:11 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:No thanks, don't want him.

I'd argue he's the a top 5 big in this league only behind Aldridge, Davis and maybe M. Gasol. How could you possibly not want him?
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#24 » by TreasureCoast » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:22 pm

Viper1500 wrote:

I'd argue he's the a top 5 big in this league only behind Aldridge, Davis and maybe M. Gasol. How could you possibly not want him?

Probably because of his attitude, but I get the sense his bad attitude relates to wanting to be in a winning situation, I don't mind.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#25 » by Orlwillbeback » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:29 pm

If boogie requests a trade, they will have their hands tied and we wouldnt need to trade as much as you think.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#26 » by j-ragg » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:30 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Emotionally it doesn't feel right to trade Vuc for Cousins but maybe that means it's the right move basketball wise.

It's a business, keep your hormones under control.

We need talent. Cousins might be the most talented big man in the NBA. Vuc/2015 pick/whatever filler you need that isn't the young core.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#27 » by Orlwillbeback » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:32 pm

Also, i think hes a bit overrated until he proves he can carry his team into the playoffs
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#28 » by 407Junkie » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:35 pm

I don't get attached to individual players on my team and don't see how others do either but that's your prerogative. Seems childish to me. Whatever makes the team better is all I'm about. Don't care what a player's love for the city or fan base is because it all comes down to winning. If Cousins can assist with bringing winning and championships, I'm all for it and they can trade any one of these guys on this team.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,686

Boogie love affair 

Post#29 » by Jkam31 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:35 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:Cousins is untouchable I repeat Cousins is untouchable. Don't be like knicks fans who think we would trade him matter fact a couple knuckleheads over there say the number 1 pick for cousins/Stauskas is what would suffice as a fair trade. You guys are better than that. Anyway this city would burn down if he was ever traded and Cousins is more loyal than that. Even if he demanded a trade you just laugh at him and hang up the phone. He has 3 years on his contract he's going nowhere for the next 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Don't kid yourself, IF (BIG IF) he ask to be traded, kings will trade him, unfortunately this is a player league

No players don't get traded with 3 more years on there contract. It has never happened franchise players only get traded on there contract year.

BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,282

Post#30 » by BadWolf » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:44 pm

any cous trade obviously start with Vooch.
Then it's either Gordon or pick, mabye even both

Elf, FA
Dipo, Fournier
Harris, Hark
?, Frye
Boogie, Dedmon
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,836

Post#31 » by Audi » Sat Mar 7, 2015 7:48 pm

If he really liked Payton that much, it'd certainly be interesting to attract a star C with a PG. Would that be a Magic first?
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,259

Post#32 » by cedric76 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:01 pm

If Orl really want him I can't see kings pass on a boogie+2015 2nd for vuc+our 2015 1st (+Orl can take on bad contract)

Not saying I would do that trade but sac get a great center and 2 2015 lottery pick, great way to build a team that coach would like
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#33 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:10 pm

Beast_Reality wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:

Probably because of his attitude, but I get the sense his bad attitude relates to wanting to be in a winning situation, I don't mind.

That and we already have Vooch.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#34 » by InFlames » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:14 pm

I can't be the only one who would trade Vuc in a heartbeat for Cousins, and I love Vuc but the goal is to win a ring. Boogie's poor attitude doesn't bother me a bit considering how godawful the Kings management is/has been.
InFlames
RealGM

Post#35 » by InFlames » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:15 pm

Audi wrote:If he really liked Payton that much, it'd certainly be interesting to attract a star C with a PG. Would that be a Magic first?

Already did it with Penny and Shaq, two top 5 players/mvp candidates. Or are you asking if it would be the first time we used a good PG to attract a star C?
InFlames
RealGM

Re: 

Post#36 » by InFlames » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:19 pm

cedric76 wrote:If Orl really want him I can't see kings pass on a boogie+2015 2nd for vuc+our 2015 1st (+Orl can take on bad contract)

Not saying I would do that trade but sac get a great center and 2 2015 lottery pick, great way to build a team that coach would like

I would do everything possible in my power to keep our 2015 pick but I would put anything other than Dipo/Payton on the table. AG/2016 1st/Vuc I feel like would be a tempting offer for them.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#37 » by j-ragg » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:26 pm

Jkam31 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:Cousins is untouchable I repeat Cousins is untouchable. Don't be like knicks fans who think we would trade him matter fact a couple knuckleheads over there say the number 1 pick for cousins/Stauskas is what would suffice as a fair trade. You guys are better than that. Anyway this city would burn down if he was ever traded and Cousins is more loyal than that. Even if he demanded a trade you just laugh at him and hang up the phone. He has 3 years on his contract he's going nowhere for the next 2 years.

Don't kid yourself, IF (BIG IF) he ask to be traded, kings will trade him, unfortunately this is a player league

No players don't get traded with 3 more years on there contract. It has never happened franchise players only get traded on there contract year.

Right. So if he wants out you'll just keep him for 3 years anyway. That'll help his value for sure!

Do you think teams will give up more assets for a guy with 3 more years on his deal or an expiring contract?
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#38 » by TreasureCoast » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:40 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
Beast_Reality wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:I'd argue he's the a top 5 big in this league only behind Aldridge, Davis and maybe M. Gasol. How could you possibly not want him?

That and we already have Vooch.

I thought it was implied we would send Vuc in any deal for Cousins. I like Vuc a lot but Cousins is on another level, and it would make for a more realistic trade possibility, those who think Tobias++ would get him are dilusional, they have Gay.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,686

Boogie love affair 

Post#39 » by Jkam31 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:46 pm

Name a franchise player that's been traded before his contract year let alone 1 year after he just signed a 4 year deal. So if David comes out right now and says I will never play another game in NO they would trade him? No cause he has 0 leverage till his contract year. Baffles my mind why people think otherwise.
And the point is his value will always be high it just means we have 2 years to get a team around him.

j-ragg wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

Right. So if he wants out you'll just keep him for 3 years anyway. That'll help his value for sure!

Do you think teams will give up more assets for a guy with 3 more years on his deal or an expiring contract?

rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,197

Post#40 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:57 pm

Vast majority of the time a player will be traded if he requests, it's an unwritten rule, which is why what the Magic did with Howard initially was unusual and got Fegan pissy.

Return to Orlando Magic