Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Re: My name is Skybox and I have a RealGM problem 

Post#21 » by RookieStar » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:57 pm

pepe1991 wrote:A bit? I haven't had debate in ages :lol:
Start drinking? :D

Yeah... you saving all those arguments for the wife eh?
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#22 » by Last Guardian » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:42 pm

Really? I don't even come to this site unless its game day. I like complaining while I'm watching the game.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,221

Post#23 » by eyriq » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:44 pm

AaronB wrote:On average, Germans consume about 50% more alcohol than Americans.

On average, Germans have about a 50% lower alcoholism rate than Americans.

That may sound random, but it is not.
They don't stigmatize the use of alcohol. The psychology of the forbidden is a biatch.
davey_wavy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,064

Post#24 » by davey_wavy » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:11 am

My name is Daveywavey and I have a problem. I've made too many dumb statements and believe my place on this board holds zero value. I'm thinking about leaving for good
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 25,903

Post#25 » by Knightro » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:15 am

davey_wavy wrote:My name is Daveywavey and I have a problem. I've made too many dumb statements and believe my place on this board holds zero value. I'm thinking about leaving for good

Nah.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,680

Post#26 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:32 am

Skybox wrote:I don't know about the rest of you, but I need an intervention.

Pepe seems to have toned down his rhetoric (a bit) and his post volume lately - Pepe, please share your therapist's contact info :lol:

Trade Deadline is just hours away...If I can just get through this day...

Trust me in that 20 years of trade deadlines on RealGM, I no longer get stressed.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,697

Post#27 » by Bensational » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:34 am

davey_wavy wrote:My name is Daveywavey and I have a problem. I've made too many dumb statements and believe my place on this board holds zero value. I'm thinking about leaving for good

I value your cig updates and player handsomeness ratings. It’s refreshing entertainment.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,203

Post#28 » by drsd » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:15 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Trust me in that 20 years of trade deadlines on RealGM, I no longer get stressed.

davey_wavy
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by davey_wavy » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:12 am

Bensational wrote:

I value your cig updates and player handsomeness ratings. It’s refreshing entertainment.

On way to work, read this and almost spit out my coffee. It's cool when someone sees the humor in something. Thx brother I'm gonna stick around. Thx too Knightro
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#30 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:03 pm

I used to have a problem too and was in conflict with many members on RealGM, but am still here.

For those that remember BBD gonna provem all wrong!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
davey_wavy
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by davey_wavy » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:27 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

I used to have a problem too and was in conflict with many members on RealGM, but am still here.

Is that big baby Davis or something else lol
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#32 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:32 pm

davey_wavy wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Is that big baby Davis or something else lol

Yep, you heard it here. There were epic debates where I was roundly trashed and even hated at times.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,183

Post#33 » by p0peye » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:43 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

That was legendary thread that became a warcry!
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,086

Post#34 » by UCF » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:43 pm

I have a 20 year problem with this site….
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,221

Post#35 » by eyriq » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:46 pm

You are valued. We tend to like the "insider" schtick and take it for what it is. Also fun getting interpretations on the up close team dynamics. Don't stress about it and have fun.
davey_wavy
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by davey_wavy » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:25 pm

eyriq wrote:
You are valued. We tend to like the "insider" schtick and take it for what it is. Also fun getting interpretations on the up close team dynamics. Don't stress about it and have fun.

I'll spill it since I know my buddy doesn't read realgm. His older brother works for the team (not FO) so he can do "educated speculation" based on what his bro tells him the team has him working on. It's fun and I take what he says with a grain of salt. But I do love sharing the little things I pick up on at games, it really is a cool site to see players and coaches interact the way they really are vs. the media training we see on TV.

As for my cig breaks, I'm not a heavy smoker because I know I'm destroying the lungs but when we are playing like ass I like to step out for maybe 5-10 minutes and bring realgm family with me since I usually go to games alone for the most part (wife isn't big on them). For what it's worth, I think we have a great board with a good mix of optimistic posters, pessimistic, hilarious, sarcastic, knowledgeable, and generally odd (such as myself)
89Magicfan
Rookie
And1: 504

Post#37 » by 89Magicfan » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:39 pm

davey_wavy wrote:
eyriq wrote:

I'll spill it since I know my buddy doesn't read realgm. His older brother works for the team (not FO) so he can do "educated speculation" based on what his bro tells him the team has him working on. It's fun and I take what he says with a grain of salt. But I do love sharing the little things I pick up on at games, it really is a cool site to see players and coaches interact the way they really are vs. the media training we see on TV.

As for my cig breaks, I'm not a heavy smoker because I know I'm destroying the lungs but when we are playing like ass I like to step out for maybe 5-10 minutes and bring realgm family with me since I usually go to games alone for the most part (wife isn't big on them). For what it's worth, I think we have a great board with a good mix of optimistic posters, pessimistic, hilarious, sarcastic, knowledgeable, and generally odd (such as myself)

I had inside info back in the day but no more.

Just have fun like op said. Some people won’t even believe you. Just laugh about it.

Why do you think we didn’t the pull trigger? You think there’s a plan this summer? Clearly can’t go on like this.
davey_wavy
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by davey_wavy » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:27 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
davey_wavy wrote:
eyriq wrote:You are valued. We tend to like the "insider" schtick and take it for what it is. Also fun getting interpretations on the up close team dynamics. Don't stress about it and have fun.

I had inside info back in the day but no more.

Just have fun like op said. Some people won’t even believe you. Just laugh about it.

Why do you think we didn’t the pull trigger? You think there’s a plan this summer? Clearly can’t go on like this.

I 100% believe Jalen was the reason we didn't get anything "splashy" done. I'm genuinely surprised we didn't add a Kispert type player, but those guys know better than me.

When I see our boys together interacting whether it's pregame, during game, or post game you can see that this is a very close knit group. EXTREMELY close group. I could go on and on with things I hear them say at games.

If I were to come up with a simple explanation, I'd say the FO did not want to break up the team because of ties to one another. On the flip side, I fully believe my buddy when he says we went after Tyus, and Murray as well, so I don't know how to make any sense of it.

Return to Orlando Magic