ImageImageImageImage

JJ emerges, bogans being shipped? [Merged]

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

MagicFan149
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#21 » by MagicFan149 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:42 pm

it seems when jj is on the floor our team moves the ball alot better and not only that because of the screens everybody is setting for him it gets our other guys moving and flowing with the offense instead off just standing there and not moving without the ball.

what was up with jj's neck last night did anyone notice how he would turn his whole body to look behind him... it looked like it was bothering him???
marcin061786
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#22 » by marcin061786 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:52 pm

PLAY REDICK like ive been saying!!! Not only was the he spreading the D look at the openings he created for dwight. When the game is on the line this is the guy i want comming around a curl to drain the game winner. This guy is proven to be clutch and his defense looked fine last night. Just as good as bogans who is a garbage player. Redick needs 20+ minutes per game and some plays run for him.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#23 » by NEM » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:04 pm

maybe...but we need shooters and jj is one, bogans seems to be slacking lately
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,225

Post#24 » by Max Power » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:16 pm

Bogans or Redick. Hmm, well lets see, one doesn't play because he's a piss poor defender, and the other plays because he can defend, but shoots too much and goes in lapses where his D isn't as good. The answer to this problem is simple

Start Hedo there
Start Shard at the 3
Start Foyle at the 4.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,203

Post#25 » by drsd » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:22 pm

Max Power wrote:Bogans or Redick. Hmm, well lets see, one doesn't play because he's a piss poor defender, and the other plays because he can defend, but shoots too much and goes in lapses where his D isn't as good. The answer to this problem is simple

Start Hedo there
Start Shard at the 3
Start Foyle at the 4.

StM must have tried this rotation in practice squad outings, as it is so logical (and slides Lewis to the SF slot!).

So, Hedo must be really bad in lateral defense.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,225

Post#26 » by Max Power » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:26 pm

Good Point Dr. Maybe we start Dooling there? At this point I still like Bogans, he's been fairly consistent, I just hate when he gets shoot happy. He's literally the last option in the starting 5. As for Redick, I simply don't see the need for him when we have glaring problems on defense.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#27 » by magicman123 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:03 pm

72% of bogans shots are threes..and when he does shot a 2 pointer hes only making what around 41% of those...bogans is very 1 dimensional on offense and his defense hasnt been any better of late..funny title though. jj emerges, should be more like jj is still alive//
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 448

Post#28 » by OrlandoMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:18 pm

magicman123 wrote:72% of bogans shots are threes..and when he does shot a 2 pointer hes only making what around 41% of those...bogans is very 1 dimensional on offense and his defense hasnt been any better of late..funny title though. jj emerges, should be more like jj is still alive//

as a shooter 41% is a good FG%
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#29 » by CraZyPraiZ » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:20 pm

Max Power wrote:Good Point Dr. Maybe we start Dooling there? At this point I still like Bogans, he's been fairly consistent, I just hate when he gets shoot happy. He's literally the last option in the starting 5. As for Redick, I simply don't see the need for him when we have glaring problems on defense.

Despite our glaring problems on defense without JJ on the floor would maybe an extra 5-10 points a game have given us victories in 4 or 5 games this year? I'd take my chances, as nothing else is working.
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#30 » by Happyfoosball » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:31 pm

drsd wrote:An O-Sen story today on this point:
O-Sen: Redick has drawn interest from other NBA teams

Second-year guard J.J. Redick still can't find a real role with the Magic, yet General Manager Otis Smith said Tuesday it doesn't mean he has given up on him. He also said that Redick
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#31 » by magicman123 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:34 pm

OrlandoMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

as a shooter 41% is a good FG%

true, its not that bad, but it does put him at 48th in the league of overall SG.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,694

Post#32 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:54 pm

Max Power wrote:Good Point Dr. Maybe we start Dooling there? At this point I still like Bogans, he's been fairly consistent, I just hate when he gets shoot happy. He's literally the last option in the starting 5. As for Redick, I simply don't see the need for him when we have glaring problems on defense.

with this team, our defensive problems aren't going to be corrected by the current squad. not for a full 82 games. Bogans obviously can't keep the intensity up the whole time, and who knows if he'll go back to his early season form? and even if he could, plugging up one hole in a sieve isn't going to stop it lettin stuff through.

our PG's just can't defend. Lewis' can't defend the 4 (which i can't blame him for because it's not his position), but wouldn't do a whole lot more at SF either. basically, you can't turn the guys we've got into hard nosed, gritty defenders, because they aren't.

so why not at least have a lineup that puts JJ on the floor for at least 15-20 minutes a game? a point where our offense usually takes a dip - be it 1st quarter or the 3rd quarter. his defense won't matter because our defense doesn't much anyway, but hopefully he'll kickstart a life into the offense.

it just don't understand why SVG isn't using the tools at his disposal to the best of their abilities.
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#33 » by Bucs80 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:03 pm

they are the same player, I don't see any difference when you put them in the game. They are probably going to score the same amount of points in the starting line-up. And the way Boguns is playing, they would be giving up alot of point no matter what.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#34 » by EasternMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:31 pm

prorl wrote:JJ has emerged? He has hardly played until last night and he only played a lil bit.

but how did he play?? you have to be an idiot to say he didn't play well
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,300

Post#35 » by magik9113 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:33 pm

he played well against a team who always sucks at the end of games, and were relaxed because they had a huge lead.

but he needs to get some more minutes
DiplomaticMagic
General Manager
And1: 2,647

Post#36 » by DiplomaticMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:39 pm

Hell no.

Arroyo and Dooling as starting backcourt should be an automatic lottery team. :lol:

Not to mention Dooling is just garbage. WTF ppl like him for? He's garbage! trash! basura! what other way can I put it.
Extend Suggs ASAP!!
OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#37 » by OMPunk » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:40 pm

JJ has showed that he can be a player and get his shot off. I am a huge fan of Redick, however, if he can help get us the pieces we do in fact need (solid PF, distributing PG) then I'm all for it.

I'd like for us to build a solid defensive team that involves having Redick in the rotation, I just don't see how it will work.
Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#38 » by EasternMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:22 pm

agreed and the bottom like is hes gonna get the pt now stan said it last night i want to see him get 15 to 20 mins tonight
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 20

Post#39 » by MagicFan3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:19 am

EasternMagic wrote:agreed and the bottom like is hes gonna get the pt now stan said it last night i want to see him get 15 to 20 mins tonight

Uh... no. There is absolutely no reason to use JJ for 20 mins, especially when on average he plays 0 mins. Last night he played well. It's one night. Stop overreacting. He's always played well in spurts...
y 2 a B
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#40 » by y 2 a B » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:45 am

MagicFan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Uh... no. There is absolutely no reason to use JJ for 20 mins, especially when on average he plays 0 mins. Last night he played well. It's one night. Stop overreacting. He's always played well in spurts...

He's played well in spurts because he's only gotten about 7-10 minutes a game. It's not like he's getting 20+ mins, and only playing well about 5 of it.

If he got more minutes he would be a factor and contributor based on what he shows in the little minutes that he does play.

I'm not saying he should get 20+ mins right now, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to work him into the rotation slowly slowly and gradually increase his role with this team.

Return to Orlando Magic