ImageImageImageImage

JJ Demands Trade?

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#21 » by zuppafly » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:35 am

lol, the reactions on this thread are funny.
Because of something that lacks any proof to be assumed as true people are jumping on Redick like he's a cancer... lol
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#22 » by Happyfoosball » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:38 am

Good for him. He deserves better then the way he's been treated in ORL.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#23 » by Dunkin On Ya » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:45 am

I wouldn't doubt if he has asked for a trade. Just by reading his January 3rd blog, you can sense that he isn't real happy.
Fan from day 1
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Fan from day 1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:10 am

dont know why hes so pissed. who wouldnt love getting paid millions to watch magic games courtside? :)
karizma87
Rookie

Post#25 » by karizma87 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:10 am

Happyfoosball wrote:Good for him. He deserves better then the way he's been treated in ORL.

i wouldnt say hes been treated badly here, and I think he does fit with the team, but it seems svg gives him his chances at THE worst possible times...
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#26 » by Happyfoosball » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:14 am

karizma87 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i wouldnt say hes been treated badly here, and I think he does fit with the team, but it seems svg gives him his chances at THE worst possible times...

He has been treated badly. Why is it that when other draft picks have been given a chance it's over the course of 5 or 6 games? Everytime Redick lights it up he gets another chance, except his chances are different. They consist of 4 or 5 minutes in the second quarter of a game and if he plays well he gets another second quarter. But the first time he struggles he's taken out of the lineup again. It's like Gundy waits for him to make one mistake and as soon as he does he uses it as an excuse to not play him for 5 or 6 games.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
karizma87
Rookie

Post#27 » by karizma87 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:26 am

Happyfoosball wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He has been treated badly. Why is it that when other draft picks have been given a chance it's over the course of 5 or 6 games? Everytime Redick lights it up he gets another chance, except his chances are different. They consist of 4 or 5 minutes in the second quarter of a game and if he plays well he gets another second quarter. But the first time he struggles he's taken out of the lineup again. It's like Gundy waits for him to make one mistake and as soon as he does he uses it as an excuse to not play him for 5 or 6 games.

i agree, svg made a mess of reddick for sure...i just have a hunch that he's going to make a big impact eventually, he seems fearless in his offense, but his size is a big downer so that's why he hardly plays. howeevr he could be better utilized in certain situations of the game and svg just can't see that...
Lord Ashram
Sophomore

Post#28 » by Lord Ashram » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:53 am

Jeez, are some of you guys for real?

The guy is one of the best scorers in college basketball, the top scorer in ACC history, the top 3 point guy... he hustles his ass off, he never stops moving, and he is smarter about basketball than most... then he has a pair of coaches who don't play him worth a damn no matter WHAT he does and play lesser players over him and who then trash him in public? Seriously? And you think that a player with that sort of drive and passion is going to just ride the pine without speaking out?

Redick is a straight-up player. The Magic have driven out all of their best players, ALWAYS, and have had crap management for as long as can be remembered. I hope JJ gets out of Orlando because that place is a wasteland for talent. I would trust Coach K and what we all saw at Duke over the two morons who have run the Magic the last two years and what we HAVEN'T seen.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#29 » by magicman123 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:55 am

i disagree on the size part, there are plenty of sg that are smaller then him (dooling)..unless you mean he needs to bulk up..
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#30 » by Hairy Midget » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:56 am

The problem is that JJ is amazing when on the court with Dwight, but bad when he's on the court with anyone else.

He needs to play with Dwight or not play at all, but SVG hasn't done that yet.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#31 » by N4U|Redux » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:58 am

magicman123 wrote:i disagree on the size part, there are plenty of sg that are smaller then him (dooling)..unless you mean he needs to bulk up..

Bah, Dooling is too undersized as well.

He works decently as a backup 2-guard, but I'm not a huge fan of Dooling. He's small and has absolutely no shot outside. He plays pesky defense and is quick though.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#32 » by magicman123 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:02 am

[quote="Hairy Midget"]The problem is that JJ is amazing when on the court with Dwight, but bad when he's on the court with anyone else.

you mean ballin with dooling, evans, foyle, and auggie isnt good..they were on fire last night.. :wink:
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#33 » by craig01 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:06 am

Redick would probably play more if the support around him was better.

It's not just his defensive short falls, but those of his teammates as well.

I'm assuming that he'll be traded before long. He told my wife's co-worker he wasn't happy, and that was early in the season.

Knowing Smith, maybe the Magic can get a 2nd round pick from Boston.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 962

Post#34 » by Devin 1L » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:08 am

Lord Ashram wrote:Jeez, are you guys for real?

The guy is one of the best scorers in college basketball, the top scorer in ACC history, the top 3 point guy... he hustles his ass off, he never stops moving, and he is smarter about basketball than most... then he has a pair of coaches who don't play him worth a damn no matter WHAT he does and play lesser players over him and who then trash him in public? Seriously? And you think that a player with that sort of drive and passion is going to just ride the pine without speaking out?

Redick is a straight-up player. The Magic have driven out all of their best players, ALWAYS, and have had crap management for as long as can be remembered. I hope JJ gets out of Orlando because that place is a wasteland for talent. I would trust Coach K and what we all saw at Duke over the two morons who have run the Magic the last two years and what we HAVEN'T seen.

And you're asking if people are "for real"?
DaveMustaine
Junior
And1: 10

Post#35 » by DaveMustaine » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:34 am

magicman123 wrote:sirius radio lol, what a reliable source :crazy: ..the story isnt crazy but why havent we heard this somewhere else too..in time jj will ask for a trade

Dude, sirius doms. I don't know what you're talking about.
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

JJ 

Post#36 » by MJallday59 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:37 am

I can see it now...Redick for Brian Scalabrine and a conditional second rounder. . . . Oh dear :noway:
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,225

Post#37 » by Max Power » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:13 am

JJ Redick, mr 11th pick overall to me has no stroke to demand a damn thing. I can see it....I'll take my geriatric style of defense and overrated shot and rot on someone else's bench. One word sums up JJ Redick....Irrelevant.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#38 » by N4U|Redux » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:40 am

Or, "sucks."
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Lord Ashram
Sophomore

Post#39 » by Lord Ashram » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:47 am

You = delusional if you really think that all Redick is is a #11 pick or that he "sucks."

Hey, as long as he gets traded that is the best thing possible.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 962

Post#40 » by Devin 1L » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:55 am

Lord Ashram wrote:You = delusional if you really think that all Redick is is a #11 pick or that he "sucks."

Hey, as long as he gets traded that is the best thing possible.

*Hovers over your email icon*

lol

Return to Orlando Magic