ImageImageImageImage

Darko Milicic

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#21 » by lovehoops01 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:20 am

thEthIEf wrote:
and man, i still cant believe the horrid low blow you took...it doesnt bother me...but it just reveals the mentality of some guys on this board, you have nothing to say which would boost your statement, instead to chose to go down an unrelated path during discussion, to pull someones pants down...

Are you addressing this to ME? Because if so, I have no idea what you're talking about. All I meant by what I said was that you have to be more than tall and be able to block shots to be a good player in the NBA. What I meant was, he had the physical skills to be a good player but didn't always apply the mental determination he needed to be a "physical presence.''
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#22 » by theTHIEF » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:22 am

no...

Darko Milliminutes or whatever...
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,817

Post#23 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:06 am

Thor > Darko.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#24 » by theTHIEF » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:07 am

agreed...actually...that dude had serious heart...
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#25 » by N4U|Redux » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:01 am

thEthIEf wrote:wow...thanks...

Lol, I thought it was funny that he resorted to the low blow.

Honestly though, do you actually feel you're more talented than Darko man?

The NBA, like anything, is heavily based on opportunity which isn't always based on actual talent, but I'd like to believe that good players get in if they're proven themselves sufficiently.

If you deserve to make it to the big leagues, I'm sure you'll make it and you seem like a class act so hopefully you do. However, I've never seen you play, so you might just be another tall black guy; actually I'm not even sure you're black, lmfao.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,203

Post#26 » by drsd » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:33 am

Memphis was Milcic's second chance to prove he could play as an NBA starter. So far:
7pts/6board in 25mpg.

The Magic get that from Battie. And Tony's cheaper than Darko.

Milicic looks to emerge as a career backup big, and part-time starter.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,447

Post#27 » by SD2042 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:49 am

kookie_819 wrote:1) Our team last season (with Darko) barely made the playoffs
2) Without Darko, the team is much better, and Dwight has better stats.
3) The Grizzlies continue to suck (with Darko)

Looking at these irrefutable facts, I conclude that this Darko is a bust, and not many of us Magic fans would want him (and his cult) back on these boards.

:wink:

The Grizzlies simply sucks due to several issues.

new coach
new system
young players
lack of leadership
defensive liabilities
poor sub patterns from the coach
not taking care of the ball
poor rotations
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#28 » by Darko Miliminutes » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:21 pm

[quote="thEthIEf"]

and man, i still cant believe the horrid low blow you took...

You know man, i remember when Darko was traded to ORL a couple years back. During my first few visits, to this board, i read of experiences you wrote about where you used the 'white mail paranoia card'. You talked about how you used being big and black to your advantage, to intimidate little white dudes. Not in bball, but in real life. I don't remember instances, just that you wrote about it a few times.

You are a hard worker, and hard workers deserve respect, which is why i apologized to you. I'm ashamed of that low blow, you didn't deserve it. Just goes to show we all have a little ***hole in us, even me...even you.

Darko does not suck. He is a headcase, but he will mature. And he is part of one of the worst basketball teams i've had to watch.
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#29 » by kookie_819 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:34 pm

[quote="SD2042"][/quote]

Well, I put that wink emoticon because it was somewhat of a joke post, but yeah, I agree with you. The Grizzlies have a lot of potential, with or without Darko, who I don't think will be a big part of that team.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#30 » by Dwightmare » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:29 pm

i might be one of the few that would welcome him back he is def struggling but i think he does some things that dont show up in the stat line. he is a pretty good post defender which would give dwight a break and keep him out a of foul trouble a bit. He has good instincts and is a good passer which would help out dwight. If nothing else presents itself at the trade deadline, I would be all for a Garrity and Dooling for Darko trade. Between Dwight Darko Battie Foyle Cook (Fran?) that our big man rotation would be set next year. We could then use our pick and MLE on a SG or PG.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#31 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:54 pm

I was just looking at the stats from last night, and Darko played 10 mins last night, he was -27 on the +/- stat. Wow i never seen such a poor stat from any player, and he only played 10 mins, is that even possible? Conley was -26 but he played 19 mins. That was shocking.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008011109

I wouldnt mind to have Darko though if we could get him really cheap.
aka: prorl
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#32 » by craig01 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:19 pm

Milicic is struggling.

But so is Memphis.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
DarkoMilicic
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#33 » by DarkoMilicic » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:50 pm

prorl wrote:I was just looking at the stats from last night, and Darko played 10 mins last night, he was -27 on the +/- stat. Wow i never seen such a poor stat from any player, and he only played 10 mins, is that even possible? Conley was -26 but he played 19 mins. That was shocking.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008011109

I wouldnt mind to have Darko though if we could get him really cheap.

Yeah, but don't let that fool you. The whole team was -20 after 5 minutes (about time he came out in 1st quarter) and he played a little in the 3rd quarter (lowering it even more) and that's it.

Also, Darko Miliminutes, you are on http://grizzlies.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm I THINK, and that was a horrible low blow to theThief. Especially considering the only reason Darko is in the league is shotblocking...

theThief, my apologies for all idiotic Darko fans (yes, you too Darko milliminutes who I have known for about a year now)

Darko seems to only play well against elite big men, don't know why but he does.

theThief, what happened to the TC in New Orleans? Haven't talked to you in about 3 months now hehee.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#34 » by NEM » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:34 pm

no
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#35 » by theTHIEF » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:46 pm

n0tforyou wrote:

what do you mean? i never said i was...never put ourselves in the same class...ron murray, the basketball player is completly unrelated to ron murray the internet forum poster...

i made a comment regarding Darko as a basketball player...Darko as a basketball player DOES SUCK IMO, as a team player he DOES SUCK...he doesn't have his head screwed on right...what do you want me to say?

it is what it is...Darko is doing no more in his 5th year than Adonal Foyle did throughout his career...and he's 10 years younger, more athletic, longer and taller than Foyle ever was...

career scrub? smells like it...is it possible that he could blow up? maybe, but a much smaller shot of that happening today than yesterday...a solid backup? possible...but, i doubt it...

I think i should be allowed to make comments just like the rest of you about basketball without it tying into my life...i mean, right?

and yea, I am better...so, there you go...

Darko Miliminutes wrote:You know man, i remember when Darko was traded to ORL a couple years back. During my first few visits, to this board, i read of experiences you wrote about where you used the 'white mail paranoia card'. You talked about how you used being big and black to your advantage, to intimidate little white dudes. Not in bball, but in real life. I don't remember instances, just that you wrote about it a few times.

You are a hard worker, and hard workers deserve respect, which is why i apologized to you. I'm ashamed of that low blow, you didn't deserve it. Just goes to show we all have a little ***hole in us, even me...even you.

Darko does not suck. He is a headcase, but he will mature. And he is part of one of the worst basketball teams i've had to watch.

son you got your facts all kinds of backwards...dont try to justify your actions based on my actions...especially when you're off base...the fact that you would say that is absurd, are you a leader or a follower?

i dont even know what the HELL you are talking about...i've never done such a thing...i think i mentioned one time that someone made a negative comment and i stood up and looked down to him and i think i said something like "guys tend to settle down when a giant black guy is threatening them"

thats it, at most...

jesus man....you're ridiculous....i cant even reply to you anymore...you're a lunatic...
knappy
Junior
And1: 0

Post#36 » by knappy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 pm

GortatExpress wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But he is still better than any center/PF we have on the roster minus Dwight. Sure Darko is a headcase, maybe doesn't try as hard as he should, but he did provide some good interior defense and rebounding. Barely better than Foyle? Foyle doesn't even have an offensive game. But we could have had this lineup: Nelson/Turk/Lewis/Darko/Dwight...... that would have been a disgusting lineup. Now we just sit and watch as Dwight is the only physical presence on the team. Lewis and Turk- no matter how awesome he has been this season- are soft players and when the playoffs roll around, I am really worried about this team. I do not mean Darko would solve our problems, however we need another bigman who can shoot the 15 foot jump shot, block shots and play solid defense

You know Otis said he wanted him back. Now, we might be able to make a trade for him - I think Memphis might move him for JJ and Arroyo? I like the lineup with Darko in there - Dwight and Darko played well together and I think they would again. He only has a 3 year contract averaging $7m that I think Otis would have given him if Cornstein wasn't involved.

I agree that the Magic probably can't pull the trigger because if he doesn't pan out they will look foolish, but I think the guy would really help us and I think he would fit well with our team and he is willing to play defense.

I know we won't see it, but I would welcome it. I guess it would be admitting that you screwed up and the Magic probably can't do that and if JJ prospers that would look even worse.

I am all for seeing JJ play, but he Magic just won't give him a chance - I am not sold on JJ one way or the other - I would just like to see him get a shot at minutes and see what he can do over 10 to 15 games.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#37 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:49 pm

[quote="thEthIEf"][/quote]

I don't look at you as comparing yourself to others when you say they suck or have problems, etc.

In this case it looked like that based on your reaction to the other guy's idiocy.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"

Return to Orlando Magic