ImageImageImageImage

Orlando is completely falling apart

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

karizma87
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#21 » by karizma87 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:07 pm

orlando? falling apart? NAAAAAH

it's the refs.
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#22 » by flyingvee » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:59 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:yeah maybe if we didnt trade the kat the never played we would be 27-0!!!

maybe not

It's puzzling how a talented sparkplug like Ariza wouldn't get any time yet this crappy Bogans clone Evan gets so much time. And it's clear that Cook makes Garrity look like Karl Malone in comparison.

What's stupid about the trade is not so much trading Ariza, who SHOULD have had a significant role on this team and WOULD NOT have walked if he was part of a contending and rising team featuring Dwight. Whats stupid is that we lost a trade piece we could have use dot get us a real PF or PG instead of garbage that no one else but Otis would want. Dooling and JJ won't get us anything good in exchange, only way to fix the team is get rid of Hedo while he's riding this carreer span. Lewis? I never thought anyone could ever be as overpaid as Alan Houston was.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#23 » by craig01 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:45 pm

flyingvee wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Lewis? I never thought anyone could ever be as overpaid as Alan Houston was.

Ouch.

Can't argue that point.

Still, the Magic have to deal with it, and hopefully make something out of it.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#24 » by lovehoops01 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:25 pm

Oh, c'mon. Allan Houston only played for one year of that big contract before he got injured. That's going too far. Rashard has had four good games in a row. He's trying to adjust to a new team. You know, last year the Clippers said Chris Kaman was overpaid after he signed that big contract, too. Sometimes, adjustments take time. Rashard does make a lot of money, but let's not go overboard with saying how little he is contributing.
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#25 » by flyingvee » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:14 am

Alan Houston had a lot of good seasons for the Knicks, not just one. He along with Sprewell got the Knicks to the finals. And what killed the Knicks in the finals was the fact that they had two good players that played the same position so they ha dto play Sprewell at SF, which made Larry Johnson the PF and the Spurs with Duncan and Robinson were too much. (Ewing was hurt). Magic are doing the same thing. They not on;y overpay Lewis but they play him out of position at PF because they just can't sit Turk. Well tough luck, you trade one of them and get a real PF so Lewis can play at his natural position. Period. And Turk will have to be traded cause no one will touch Lewis and his contract, except maybe Isiah. Maybe we can get Lee from them for Lewsi, I'd even take Marbury as an upgrade at PG.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 958

Post#26 » by Devin 1L » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Give me a break with the Celtics comparison.

That is such an anomaly.

They're on pace to have the biggest one year turnaround ever -- by a huge margin.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#27 » by lovehoops01 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:50 am

flyingvee wrote:Alan Houston had a lot of good seasons for the Knicks, not just one. He along with Sprewell got the Knicks to the finals. And what killed the Knicks in the finals was the fact that they had two good players that played the same position so they ha dto play Sprewell at SF, which made Larry Johnson the PF and the Spurs with Duncan and Robinson were too much. (Ewing was hurt). Magic are doing the same thing. They not on;y overpay Lewis but they play him out of position at PF because they just can't sit Turk. Well tough luck, you trade one of them and get a real PF so Lewis can play at his natural position. Period. And Turk will have to be traded cause no one will touch Lewis and his contract, except maybe Isiah. Maybe we can get Lee from them for Lewsi, I'd even take Marbury as an upgrade at PG.

Yes, he did. But most (NOTE: I DID NOT SAY ALL) of his best years came BEFORE he signed that monster contract -- four years of which the Knicks just ate because he was injured.

Return to Orlando Magic