ImageImageImageImage

OT: Got A Ticket

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#21 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:43 am

OrlandoMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:nod: I know that now, lol....

Oh yeah question, the officer actually asked for my phone number... Is this a new law? I have never been asked by a cop for a number. I asked house or cell, he said either. So I gave him one. Anyone know?

ya, just from personal experience i had to sit in court and listen to a whole bunch of cases like this you go one time tell thhe judge your plea and if u plea no contest then you have to pay a court fine and possibly the ticket and got to driving school, depending on the judge (the first meeting has nothing to do with the cop showing up). But if you plead not guilty then thats when the cop has to show up ( and he probably will) you say you have pictures but because you can take pictures whenever and not have 100% proof that they were taken at the right time the judge probably wont take them into account. and if you get any letters from witnesses or any written document you must have it notarized. i would suggest you just pay the ticket especially cause if the cop knows you were on the phone. there is no way you win unless you plead not guilty and get lucky that the cop doesnt show
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,119

Post#22 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:36 am

The cops always show.
Doesn't sound like you can fight this without wasting more time and money. If you lose it's over $500 so just pay the $200 and just feel happy you don't lose points.

Ugh, back in October I had gone up in Tally, did the stupidest thing and sped up towards the end of the trip and FHP clocked me at 113 in a 70. Because I was over 30 mph I had to go back up to Tally in December for a court appearance. Traffic school wouldn't have made any difference as I got points added on my license (they disappear after 3 years). The b*tch of a judge was going to make me pay $400 but I got to her to lower it to the original cost of $313.50.

Don't speed kids, especially not near Tally, cop presence was unbelievable compared to other areas on I-75 and the Florida Turnpike.
Hell, even when I drove up to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl it wasn't that bad and I was hitting through places like Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#23 » by CourtsideTV » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Guys: Lesson to be learned...don't speed near speed traps
Work Hard
dieselpower
Senior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by dieselpower » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 pm

OrlandoMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1st time on that road ever. honestly did not see a speed limit sign and i was on the phone. so i honestly dont know if i was speeding. i have to drive their again tomorrow so im gonna look for signs. hey ive never fought a speeding ticket this would be my 3rd in over 8 yrs. so im a pretty damn good driver. this would be the 1st i would ever fight

You're an idiot. You got caught, pay your ticket. Oh, and I really want you to go to court and tell the judge "honestly did not see a speed limit sign and i was on the phone." :rofl:

Why can't anyone accept when they are wrong anymore?
Go Magic!
LiteHedded
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#25 » by LiteHedded » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:58 pm

tickets are just the man trying to keep you down.

Return to Orlando Magic