ImageImageImageImage

ORL/NY Trade Idea

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#21 » by MagicFan3 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:00 am

#1knickfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Whatever makes you happy.

Happy? Do Knicks fans know what that word means?
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,789

Post#22 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:05 am

#1knickfan wrote:We'll see whose laughing when you're paying a 34 year old Lewis 24 million dollars to chuck 3 pointers.

The league will still be laughing at the Knicks. Because Isiah will be their coach and they will be paying Randolph and Curry max money by then. :crazy:
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,789

Post#23 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:05 am

MagicFan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Happy comes on the off days.
karizma87
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#24 » by karizma87 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:26 am

can we toss this thread into a black hole?
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#25 » by lovehoops01 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:29 am

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The league will still be laughing at the Knicks. Because Isiah will be their coach and they will be paying Randolph and Curry max money by then. :crazy:

Aren't they already?
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#26 » by #1knickfan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:37 am

MagicFan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We have extensive knowledge as to what it means to be unhappy so happy must be the opposite.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#27 » by #1knickfan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 am

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You think Isiah will still be around 6 years from now. :crazy: The guy will be lucky to last the rest of this season. If he isn't fired by the end of the season its only because the mess is too big to clean up and no one wants the challenge. But starting next season Marbury and Malik Rose will both be expiring contracts while Richardson and Jerome James will expire the very next season. I.E it'll be much easier to move some of the albatrosses on our payroll.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#28 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:26 am

#1knickfan wrote:We'll see whose laughing when you're paying a 34 year old Lewis 24 million dollars to chuck 3 pointers.

seriously you as a Knick fan have no room to talk about salary and over paying garbage players. Right now the knicks have the second highest team payroll in the NBA and the second or third worst record in the NBA. What are Stephon's averages right now? 13 pts 2 reb 4 ast and shooting 41%. Rashard is averaging 19 pts 5 rebs and 3 ast and shooting around 44-45% and that number has been rising the past few games. So at least we'll have that while youll either have some nobody replacement for stephon cause noone wants a team cancer like him or youll be stuck with him tearing apart whatever team is left. not to mention your probably going to lose the only good player on your team in David Lee. So have fun watching Zach Randolph and Eddie Curry make out all night while the nicks take a downward spiral straight to hell with coach Isaiah Thomas who promises to stick around till he wins a Championship. (looks like your screwed for life) and the GM who says Isaiah is his guy. Thanks for stopping by and on your way out dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#29 » by lovehoops01 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:37 am

EasternMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

seriously you as a Knick fan have no room to talk about salary and over paying garbage players. Right now the knicks have the second highest team payroll in the NBA and the second or third worst record in the NBA. What are Stephon's averages right now? 13 pts 2 reb 4 ast and shooting 41%. Rashard is averaging 19 pts 5 rebs and 3 ast and shooting around 44-45% and that number has been rising the past few games. So at least we'll have that while youll either have some nobody replacement for stephon cause noone wants a team cancer like him or youll be stuck with him tearing apart whatever team is left. not to mention your probably going to lose the only good player on your team in David Lee. So have fun watching Zach Randolph and Eddie Curry make out all night while the nicks take a downward spiral straight to hell with coach Isaiah Thomas who promises to stick around till he wins a Championship. (looks like your screwed for life) and the GM who says Isaiah is his guy. Thanks for stopping by and on your way out dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya

That's kinda harsh, East. For the record, I don't think Isiah will last (at most) any longer than this season myself. He just won't quit because he wants them to have to pay him. And after next season, they could get some cap space. I really don't expect them to find anyone to take Marbury off their hands, but after next season, I think they actually could get their payroll manageable.

Really, though, Knicksfan, I'm not sure what you expected when you come in here to a Magic board with that kind of smack. Knicks still have to fix what's wrong. It's not our fault you've got Marbury on your roster. In fact, I've been trying to figure out why the last three teams that have had him made deals to get him.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#30 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:47 am

ya it is harsh but he cant just come in here and bash our members and team and not get anything back for the record ever statistic and every fact i put in there is true. whether isaiah ends up staying or not noone can TRULY no but its not like that organization is being ran very well and i would not be surprised to see him there for another year seeing that the nicks are still paying 2 other coaches who they fired (one being larry brown). Harsh? Yes but true also. in the future dont come in here bashing our players when your team is in a much worse situation than ours. I hope something good happens for the Knicks and that they might have a better change of luck.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#31 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:47 am

lol anyone who cheers (hasnt been alot of this lately huh?) for the knicks has no room to talk about anything that has to do with basketball ahahahahaha.

every time i see a knick jersey i laugh...its gotta so bad every time i see a yankee jersey i think of the knicks and laugh.

o and this trade is nooooot good.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#32 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:49 am

MagicNolesFSU wrote:lol anyone who cheers (hasnt been alot of this lately huh?) for the knicks has no room to talk about anything that has to do with basketball ahahahahaha.

every time i see a knick jersey i laugh...its gotta so bad every time i see a yankee jersey i think of the knicks and laugh.

o and this trade is nooooot good.

everytime i see a seminoles football jersey or a picture of bobby bowden i laugh also
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#33 » by lovehoops01 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:55 am

Maybe the Magic should put East out on the floor Tuesday night. He seems to have a lot of pent-up anger. Maybe he could take it out on the court. Can you drive and dunk, East?
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#34 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:24 am

EasternMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

everytime i see a seminoles football jersey or a picture of bobby bowden i laugh also

everytime i see you put some1 down on a internet message board to try and look cool i laugh.

going outa your way to start ****? I got that outa my system in highschool.
ilikebeer
Senior
And1: 18

Post#35 » by ilikebeer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:42 am

I'd rather trade Rashard and JJ for Crawford and Lee.

Nelson
Crawford
Turk
Lee
Howard
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,606

Post#36 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:54 am

lovehoops01 wrote:Maybe the Magic should put East out on the floor Tuesday night. He seems to have a lot of pent-up anger. Maybe he could take it out on the court. Can you drive and dunk, East?

pffft. who cares about dunking!? can he do a hard enough flagrant to take the likes of Billups/Wade/KG out of the game? as long as he can time it well enough that he runs under them once they go for a dunk and tunnels out their legs "accidentally" and taking them out of the game, and not getting himself a season long suspension.... well.... i'd put him into serious contention for one of the more valuable players on the team.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#37 » by #1knickfan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:04 pm

lovehoops01 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Really, though, Knicksfan, I'm not sure what you expected when you come in here to a Magic board with that kind of smack. Knicks still have to fix what's wrong. It's not our fault you've got Marbury on your roster. In fact, I've been trying to figure out why the last three teams that have had him made deals to get him.

I came here for a couple reasons:

1.To point out that Rashard Lewis' is making way too much money. Some people may talk about free agent mistakes like Jared Jeffries and Jerome James but I would much rather make a free agent mistake at the MLE than a free agent mistake for the max.

2. I also wanted to point out the hypocrisy of people calling certain Knick players bad contracts and unvaluable trade chips. Zach Randolph is almost universally described as to have no trade value whatsoever. But if you really compare the guys fairly you would realize that neither guy plays defense while Randolph averages twice as many rebounds and nearly as many points in a down year as Lewis. And he actually costs at least a million dollars a year less than Lewis. Yet, we Knick fans are expected to be thankful to have been offered Lewis and one of your own fellow Magic fans actually had the balls to say "Lewis might be slightly overpaid". As a Knick fan I know an overpaid player when I see one. Apparently, when it comes to judging one of your players overpaid you guys seem to forget that a guy like me has more experience with overpaid players than anyone. I know it doesn't seem to be a bad contract now because you're winning but once you stop winning its going to be much tougher to justify paying a often times 3rd option on offence the league max especially when he's a bad defender.

As for Marbury, I still don't mind the Marbury trade. I think to place the blame of the Knicks failures entirely on his shoulders ignores that he's had to deal with 4 different coaches and a team that has never been put together correctly. He's not the kind of point guard that maximizes his teammates potential so when he's got a team that is thrown together haphazardly you can't really expect him to turn them into a winner. The problem with Marbury comes mainly from what has turned out to be unrealistic expectations on Isiah Thomas' part. Those unrealistic expectations were then infused into the fan base when Marbury led us to the playoffs in his first season. I still don't think we made a bad trade and I think that if we had a GM who wasn't so completely clueless as to how to build a team we probably would have been more successful.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#38 » by #1knickfan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:30 pm

EasternMagic wrote:seriously you as a Knick fan have no room to talk about salary and over paying garbage players. Right now the knicks have the second highest team payroll in the NBA and the second or third worst record in the NBA. Yes but true also. in the future dont come in here bashing our players when your team is in a much worse situation than ours. ya it is harsh but he cant just come in here and bash our members and team and not get anything back for the record ever statistic and every fact i put in there is true.

I have plenty of room to come and talk about how I would trade Marbury for Lewis and everything you have said justifies my position than it justified your own. I have sit back and watched Isiah trade expiring or soon to be expiring contracts for players who were bad defensively and/or couldn't rebound and in most cases weren't team players. The best thing about those guys were they were really talented offensively. But it has happened over and over again with Stephon Marbury, Quentin Richardson, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Steve Francis, and Zach Randolph. After witnessing the disaster those trades have created you are surprised a Knick fan wouldn't jump for joy to trade a soon to be large expiring contract for Rashard Lewis. Being more of a team player doesn't change the fact that he sucks defensively and because he spends so much time out on the perimeter can't rebound worth a damn. We'll just be making the same mistake we have made over and over again except this time it will be the single most expensive mistake we ever made.
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#39 » by lovehoops01 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:32 pm

But dude you're posting all that on a Magic board. It's not like we went looking for Knicks fans to **** off. I've got news for you.....We are aware that a lot of people think Rashard is overpaid. You should know that a lot of people think Marbury has had issues at pretty much every team he has been on. It's not like we dropped this item on the Knicks board and responded to it there.
DontPushMe
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Re: ORL/NY Trade Idea 

Post#40 » by DontPushMe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:49 pm

JTSUCF wrote:I am just curious if anybody would do this deal.

Marbury for Lewis & Augustine. It works on the trade checker and I find it to be an interesting sort of dilemma.

I understand that from a player standpoint Lewis is the best player in the trade and a nice guy while Marbury could be a potential cancer for this team. However, Marbury has consistently shown that he can be a 20 pt 8 assist kind of guy and is used to playing with a gifted young mobile big man (KG & Stoudemire). I also think that a change of scenery and a move away from NY could do wonders for him.

It would also remove Lewis' gigantic contract from the books. Just about everybody on this board would agree that Lewis is grossly overpaid (The rest just think that he is overpaid). This would allow the Magic to set their sights either on the Summer of 2009 (If some of the Class of 2004 wait for unrestricted free-agency) or on the true max contract players (Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Amare) in the summer of 2010 while surrounding Dwight with economical pieces.

Finally, it would then allow the Magic to package the 3 expiring contracts to find a big man (Dalembert?) that would fill out the starting line-up and provide the kind of defense that SVG wants.

Line-up

Marbury/Nelson
Evans/Bogans/Redick
Hedo/
Dalembert?/Cook
Dwight/Foyle/Gortat

otis? is that you?
You know the boy posts on realgm. The boy definitly posts on realgm.

Return to Orlando Magic