ImageImageImageImage

NOAH

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,129

Post#21 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:58 pm

I read too many stupid comments from him when he was back at UF. I gave him the benefit of the doubt during their 1st title run but then he kept trash talking more. Some YouTube clips also show his dumbassery and he feels he's high sh*t no matter where he is and doesn't respect others.
Saw some draft day clips too, he is the cockiest bastard I've seen of late.

He thought this outfit was hot sh*t:
I'm emotional as f*ck but I know when a line should be drawn to not look COMPLETELY like a dip sh*t.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#22 » by MJallday59 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Noah's not in our price range. At the least they'd want JJ and a Number 1.

Besides... Noah will eventually become either a Knick or a Piston....
Paul1984
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#23 » by Paul1984 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:02 pm

The envy oozes out of you.

Noah gets this hate cause he is goofy looking. If its a normal looking guy he wouldnt get this much press. People are mad that a guy that goofy looking is a good ball player and is outspoken.
Hotshot Hower
Veteran
And1: 98

Post#24 » by Hotshot Hower » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:04 pm

You guys nailed it on the head.

He's a huge prick.

I met him personally this past summer @ the NBA Draft Shoot in Kissimmee with all the other rookies...

He's in a world of his own. He thinks he's Hollywood or something...

He's just an ignorant prick and it's great Wallace and company are teaching him a thing or two because he's not the man on campus anymore and I believe he's a few years away from being a "man".

Just my two cents
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,129

Post#25 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Paul1984 wrote:The envy oozes out of you.

Noah gets this hate cause he is goofy looking. If its a normal looking guy he wouldnt get this much press. People are mad that a guy that goofy looking is a good ball player and is outspoken.

So the fact that he throws people under the bus and acts like a complete **** plays zero factor then? :roll:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Hotshot Hower
Veteran
And1: 98

Post#26 » by Hotshot Hower » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:08 pm

Paul1984 wrote:The envy oozes out of you.

Thats just ridiculous. :crazy:

He's a cancer. It's his first year in the NBA, let alone the 1st half of the season.

He needs to realize he's a "rookie" and not the "man". He's already opened his mouth earlier in the season with Skiles backlashing at him and now this...

I would love to see Ben Wallace knock some sense of reality into him by knocking him out one day at practice.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#27 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 pm

you know if Ben Wallace is riding your back and drilling you into the ground about attitude, lashing out, barking at teammates etc. you're in trouble...
MagicFan149
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#28 » by MagicFan149 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:14 pm

i think his teamates are just mad hes saying what nobody else is willing to say being a rookie or not... he wants to win...

like i said noah is a different kat im not denying it but that kind of fire and emotion is priceless... if the team was winning right now no one would be talking about noah being a cancer...
Summertime and the livin's easy....
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#29 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:31 pm

i think the word "cancer" has been used to loosely...that I would agree on...he's not a cancer, he's just an anxious kid, who won 2 back to back championships, thinks he more than he really is in the big picture at todays present state and he's on a team in a downward spiral...all those thing combined manifest certain things, the recent claims could be products of the afore mentioned...but at the same time, Noah hasn't always been a spotless character..so you have to take everything in prospective...no one "knows" this kid, and what he's all about, nor does anyone actually know whats going down in Chicago...

but, from the things i have seen and heard over the past 3 years about him, make me think we should maintain distance...

that doesnt mean i wont love him if he comes here and produces though :)
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#30 » by NBlue » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 pm

This may well be THE most ignorant thread I have ever read on this site.

Please, someone, ANYONE feel free to read what the Bulls fans have to say about the incident last night. http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

The vast, VAST majority of Bulls fans support Noah and stand fully behind his actions. Sure, he is immature, flamboyant and has made mistakes but I find the questions about character mind boggling compared to many of the characters in the NBA. This kid IS ALL ABOUT WINNING. Its just unfornate for the Bulls that he is one of the very few players on their team that is all about winning.

Meanwhile, talk of obtaining him is downright ludicrous. The Bulls are wanting to part with just about any big EXCEPT him at this point. It seems clear that Ben Wallace is the CANCER on that team and it will be very difficult to trade him. Oh, and the idea that we could get Joekim for JJ -- what on earth are you smoking????? I like JJ a lot and I hope he eventually finds a role, but Noah is not even in the same ballpark with him valuewise.

Sorry for the rather scattershod reply but this thread just kinda shocked me.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#31 » by EasternMagic » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:13 pm

i wouldnt mind having him cause if he comes here and acts like that stan will rip him a new one, but with that said i wouldn't necessarily go out of my way just to get him
richi_v25
Bench Warmer
And1: 452

Post#32 » by richi_v25 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Yeah i saw the pre-draft interviews they gave him and he just seemed like a dumb cocky prick. He had no respect for the man that was interviewing him. i don't know where he was raised and nor do i care but here in the south(fl) we are taught to always respect our elders. I love nothing more than watching southern players being interviewed and them being so polite, humble and respectful, yes sir this and yes sir that. and i agree with the other post that said i would be ok with us trading JJ for anyone that will be used for more than 2 minutes a game.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,225

Post#33 » by Max Power » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:09 pm

Joakim Noah...is a prick. You hit the nail on the head with him, he's another one of those kids born in the late 80's that has ADHD problems. His old man, the tennis geek obviously didn't pass on any of that gentlemenly qualities they display in tennis to his brain dead son.

I can see Noah has got talent, but he's way too hyper to do anything with it right now, fighting Ben Wallace of all people is a quick way to get him on injured reserve. He'd have to do some major growing up before I'd want him anywhere near the Magic. I am not a JJ Redick fan...yet. But he does carry himself like an adult and I respect him. I'd rather keep him.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
MagicFan149
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#34 » by MagicFan149 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:20 pm

ha ... not to bring this up but jj has made some mistakes too like the dui right before the draft??? dont get me wrong i like jj and i like noah too ... i just think like i said losing is making this whole noah thing worse than it needs to be
Summertime and the livin's easy....
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#35 » by craig01 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:24 pm

Noah has a big mouth, is immature, and lacks the skills needed to offset his flaws.

I don't think he meant much harm, I just don't think he "thinks" prior to action.

He'll outgrow it, or somebody will help him outgrow it with a stiff right cross.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
HeyIt'sMe
Lead Assistant
And1: 127

Post#36 » by HeyIt'sMe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 pm

Noah's an incredible passer and would be perfect at PF next to Dwight.
magictreat
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#37 » by magictreat » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:42 pm

thEthIEf wrote:good god i hope not...i like UF and enjoyed him there...but he has some issues...things like this dont just circle around choir boys...they said last night that he still doesnt know the offensive plays, he's late to everything and has a problem with authority...eff that...Chicago should have NEVER drafted him in the 1st...that was a real Otis move there...
LOL, yeah I agree, the guy is a goofball!!
The Letter J
Starter

Post#38 » by The Letter J » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:15 pm

HeyIt'sMe wrote:Noah's an incredible passer and would be perfect at PF next to Dwight.

He's only lacking a jumper. If he had one out to about 16-18 he would be perfect.
The Letter J
Starter

Post#39 » by The Letter J » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:20 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:I read too many stupid comments from him when he was back at UF. I gave him the benefit of the doubt during their 1st title run but then he kept trash talking more. Some YouTube clips also show his dumbassery and he feels he's high sh*t no matter where he is and doesn't respect others.
Saw some draft day clips too, he is the cockiest bastard I've seen of late.

I'm emotional as f*ck but I know when a line should be drawn to not look COMPLETELY like a dip sh*t.

Which clips are you referring to? Post some links. :D
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,694

Post#40 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:27 pm

i can see both sides of the argument. his attitude sounds fiery, but in the wrong ways and at the wrong times.

i'd still take a chance on him and hope that we could straighten him out. could you imagine the backlash if he ever tried to call out Dwight??? fans would unite to boo him.

haha, someone should make up a sign for the guy that says "Noah your role"

Return to Orlando Magic