ImageImageImageImage

Gortat's massive interview (plenty of insider info)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,303

Re: Gortat talks about Magic (insider info) 

Post#21 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:07 pm

MagicalMan wrote:
prorl wrote:
INCUBUS* wrote:he wants to leave :(

He said he loves Orlando and wants to return, if other teams offer him more he would take less money to stay here. He does wants a raise which I think he should get because in NBA terms he is making a misery at $700,000, he noted something like $1mill which is more than reasonable. However he said that he is working really hard and is very confident and if he continues improving he might have to evenually move on to another team because he knows that there wont be major playing time behind Dwight. He meant that as down the road, remember he is just 23.

yes but it still means that is looking forward and his goal is to be an eventual starter. Something he will never realize here. Therefore he will eventually leave, albeit not for a few years, but just the same his goals wont be achieved here in Orlando. If he does well this year, i see him doing another contract here, and when thats up he will move on.

He may never be good enough to be a starter so that may never happen. I do like his ambition and honesty. Unlike Lee Nailon who said he wanted to retire as a Magic, that was freaking hilarious and an obvious PR ploy in an attempt to get a contract extension. Did anyone take him seriously when he said that?
aka: prorl
RawTalent
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Gortat's massive interview (plenty of insider info) 

Post#22 » by RawTalent » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:13 pm

what are the chances of a Gortat/Howard front court?

A lineup of:
Jameer
Pietrus
Rashard
Dwight
Gortat

That sounds pretty formidable, if we can get some type of mid range game from either Howard or Gortat it'd be something similar to the Spurs with Duncan and Robinson.

I know its down the road, but imagine that, with a few components on the bench we could run shyt for years!!!!
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Re: Gortat talks about Magic (insider info) 

Post#23 » by MagicalMan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:13 pm

prorl wrote:
MagicalMan wrote:
prorl wrote:
He said he loves Orlando and wants to return, if other teams offer him more he would take less money to stay here. He does wants a raise which I think he should get because in NBA terms he is making a misery at $700,000, he noted something like $1mill which is more than reasonable. However he said that he is working really hard and is very confident and if he continues improving he might have to evenually move on to another team because he knows that there wont be major playing time behind Dwight. He meant that as down the road, remember he is just 23.

yes but it still means that is looking forward and his goal is to be an eventual starter. Something he will never realize here. Therefore he will eventually leave, albeit not for a few years, but just the same his goals wont be achieved here in Orlando. If he does well this year, i see him doing another contract here, and when thats up he will move on.

He may never be good enough to be a starter so that may never happen. I do like his ambition and honesty. Unlike Lee Nailon who said he wanted to retire as a Magic, that was freaking hilarious and an obvious PR ploy in an attempt to get a contract extension. Did anyone take him seriously when he said that?

He may never be, but surely there are teams where he could receive more minutes and a bigger role than playing behind Dwight.
tjm384
Veteran
And1: 36

Post#24 » by tjm384 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Does that interview come with cliff notes?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,303

Post#25 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:34 pm

RawTalent wrote:what are the chances of a Gortat/Howard front court?

A lineup of:
Jameer
Pietrus
Rashard
Dwight
Gortat

That sounds pretty formidable, if we can get some type of mid range game from either Howard or Gortat it'd be something similar to the Spurs with Duncan and Robinson.

I know its down the road, but imagine that, with a few components on the bench we could run shyt for years!!!!

More like Duncan/Oberto than Duncan/Robinson. Gortat still has alot to prove this season.
aka: prorl
qhar
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#26 » by qhar » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:22 pm

tjm384 wrote:Does that interview come with cliff notes?

What do you mean when you say "cliff notes"'?.It isn't even a real interview because you can't find questions there it's more somekind of Marcin memories and feelings.

Here is information about Marcin Gortat camp in his familly city Łódź. It was camp for children in age of 9-13. They is wrote here that he was really patient and he explain basics of basketball.

http://www.dlastudenta.pl/sport/artykul/Gortat_nauczycielem,24792.html

I hope that camp like this and next year Euro Championship Tournament will really promote basketball in poland.
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,193

Post#27 » by Kent » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Thanks Jiwol. Fun read.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#28 » by TNMagicFan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:41 pm

That's a great interview , it just makes me like Marcin even more . It's awesome to hear a player that actually knows what a great opportunity he has ,and he's doing his best to take advantage of that . I hope he's with the team for a long time
Big A All Day
Head Coach
And1: 678

Post#29 » by Big A All Day » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 pm

that was a good read.. thanks for the translation
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by BassMaster » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:17 pm

Now if the Polish Stud plays well this year we can only hope that Otis Smith gets it right otherwise I see another player leaving to play for another NBA team or overseas as he mentioned in that article.
It all depends on what kind of minutes he gets and if he plays well and then there is Otis. Lots of different things have to click for the Polish Stud and hopefully they do.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#31 » by magicmamma » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:41 pm

Marcin sounds like a young man with a good head on his shoulders and a determination to improve.

I wouldn't worry about him leaving to start on another team. If he matures into starting material, he'll be playing beside Dwight, not behind him.
Mannchild
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 272

Post#32 » by Mannchild » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:52 pm

Fantastic read, thanks for the translation! Ive said it many times before but i love how the Magic are a real TEAM not just people who play together and wear the same jersey
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#33 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:54 pm

good find, i respect the guy a little more from reading that, i really hopes he do well, and where he said he doesn't drink, i did see him, Hedo, KeBo, and Battie drinking something at Dragon Room, and i'm pretty certain it wasnt water or Gatorade.... good story...
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Post#34 » by MagicalMan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Mannchild wrote:Fantastic read, thanks for the translation! Ive said it many times before but i love how the Magic are a real TEAM not just people who play together and wear the same jersey

now if that would only help us beat Detroit we'd be set.
Mannchild
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 272

Post#35 » by Mannchild » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:16 pm

MagicalMan wrote:
Mannchild wrote:Fantastic read, thanks for the translation! Ive said it many times before but i love how the Magic are a real TEAM not just people who play together and wear the same jersey

I think it will
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#36 » by mhectorgato » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:20 pm

Mannchild wrote:
MagicalMan wrote:

I think it will

I think so too - it will help us. But it's only a part of the equation.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#37 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:00 pm

good read, thanks for posting it Jiwol.

Gortat for MIP on this team
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,059

Post#38 » by drsd » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:10 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:good read, thanks for posting it Jiwol.

Gortat for MIP on this team

Gortat will combat with Battie, Foyle, and Cook. And Polska Power must get the early-favored nod.
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#39 » by UCFknight84 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Those are nice things, certainly not a humiliation. That's the role of rookie in the NBA and I was the only one on the team. Next season Courtney Lee is going to bring me tea to the locker.

that made me laugh

I wonder what computer games Dwight plays? I just giggled to myself at the thought of Dwight Howard on his computer playing WoW after the games lmao
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,016

Post#40 » by Last Guardian » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Great interview. He doesn't have the natural talent of Darko but has ten times the ambition. And if he happens to get as good as he so clearly wants, we can probably play him next to Dwight.

Return to Orlando Magic