ImageImageImageImage

WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,612

Re: WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!! 

Post#221 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Apr 9, 2019 12:22 am

fklt wrote:that acceleration though. have you guys ever seen fournier move so fast? seriously?

That was his $150k move.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,612

Post#222 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Apr 9, 2019 12:25 am

Cliffords post game locker room speech

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,505

Post#223 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 12:57 am

To me, the two worst things about Henny were his knee jerk trades to fill immediate needs and his choice of coaches.

I have to point out the joy I have today thinking about the endless crying over WeHam’s “evaluation” season ... which I looked at more as a push for consistency given a lack of options for change free agency or trade. That plus WeHam’s choice of Clifford has been key to this year.

I wonder how many will admit they were too quick to judge?
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,693

Post#224 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:13 am

PrimeThyme wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Happy for Clifford... two years ago he was having health concerns and then a year later he got fired. Comes back to the franchise that made him and now he's being celebrated like a coach of the year candidate.

Read on Twitter

Not that I care, but the big market talking heads still aren't taking us seriously. Both guys in this video easily picked BRK even despite our record against the current playoff teams. I understand that BRK is a bigger market and gets more media attention, but I still think we are being heavily slept on.

It's the dynamic scoring guard effect. Everyone loves a flashy fire slinging pg that can get hot from 3(ala curry,Lillard, young). Thats why If you notice most media outlets are talking about the nets clinching a playoff spot for the first time in 4 or 5 years but dont see anything about the magic clinching the same night. But of course being in NY also helps as well.

Scoring guards always get more media attention then big men.
GO MAGIC
pcity813
Senior
And1: 124

Post#225 » by pcity813 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:20 am

Blue and White Ignite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
penny_nz
Analyst
And1: 1,627

Post#226 » by penny_nz » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:37 am

I've never posted, been lurking for years after I found this forum. Seeing what losing did to some of the fan interactions, decided to just read and stay out of it. However today felt the need to join in the support for this team and just shout somewhere PLAYOFF'S BABY!

Seeing that video of Cliff, seeing the reactions of the longer served guys, so stoked for them
I still believe in Magic! Welcome to the Franz & Paolo era
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,119

Post#227 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:53 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Cliffords post game locker room speech

The thing is.... when he says... "Our best is yet to come" "Think bigger" "We can be better"... you can see he truly believes it and isn't just saying it. Instilling that kind of confidence in them... PRICELESS!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,159

Post#228 » by Def Swami » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:53 am

3ddman23 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Happy for Clifford... two years ago he was having health concerns and then a year later he got fired. Comes back to the franchise that made him and now he's being celebrated like a coach of the year candidate.

Read on Twitter

Not that I care, but the big market talking heads still aren't taking us seriously. Both guys in this video easily picked BRK even despite our record against the current playoff teams. I understand that BRK is a bigger market and gets more media attention, but I still think we are being heavily slept on.

It's the dynamic scoring guard effect. Everyone loves a flashy fire slinging pg that can get hot from 3(ala curry,Lillard, young). Thats why If you notice most media outlets are talking about the nets clinching a playoff spot for the first time in 4 or 5 years but dont see anything about the magic clinching the same night. But of course being in NY also helps as well.

Scoring guards always get more media attention then big men.

It'll also come down to some playoff matchups. The Magic could give the Sixers some problems, but anyone going against the Raptors or Bucks are going to get trounced.
sportsrock37
Starter
And1: 233

Post#229 » by sportsrock37 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 2:55 am

I’m so happy with this team and what they’ve accomplished so far. Been a loooooooong 7 years.

Obviously the starters and Ross gets most of the hype and credit(as they should) but gotta give a lot of props for the improvement and consistent play by the non T Ross bench mob too. Iwundu and Birch really stepped up their game once given consistent mins. And what can you say about the play of the non Jerian Grant PG’s. First Briscoe then MCW. Not a coincidence that our overall play and bench play improved when all of them got their chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Florida Gator Alum
Orlando Magic
Atlanta Braves
Washington Redskins
Washington Capitals

@badamsufl
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#230 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Apr 9, 2019 2:58 am

fklt wrote:that acceleration though. have you guys ever seen fournier move so fast? seriously?

Half price sale at the wig store
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 492

Post#231 » by TheChaser » Tue Apr 9, 2019 5:29 am

p0peye wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:Long time no chat peeps.

Have been following from afar for the past few years, too much going on down under to spend life on the boards, but wanted to drop in to say hi on this special night.

Shout out to all the old crew.

Enjoy the playoffs Magic die hards :D

TheGlyde sighting!!

You've been missed, man.

Same. Missed all you guys. Feels great to have some Magic again.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#232 » by NEM » Tue Apr 9, 2019 6:52 am

Dude this thread is like a time machine to the early Dwight Years..:
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,934

Post#233 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 9, 2019 7:00 am

NEM wrote:Dude this thread is like a time machine to the early Dwight Years..:

pssssht don't you mean the Diener-Dynasty?
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#234 » by paperboymafia » Tue Apr 9, 2019 8:54 am

Read on Twitter

nothing to sniff at, that's beyond anything I'd have imagined or hoped at this point
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#235 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 12:55 pm

paperboymafia wrote:
Read on Twitter

nothing to sniff at, that's beyond anything I'd have imagined or hoped at this point

People need to gauge the current team as that.... more than "They are simply a middle of the pack team that barely has a .500 record and JUST SNUCK INTO THE PLAYOFFS" There is much more to that tale. :-D Great job guys! This is only the beginning!
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 807

Post#236 » by MagicFrenchie » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:40 pm

That's what I'm wondering right now and since we've clinched...as Clifford said..Can we think bigger? or is it just a one time splash and it might fade away next season very fast?
Is this sustainable? How can we be more competitve without destroying the current system...so many questons
guess we will have some answers soon with the first round.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#237 » by magicman112 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 2:00 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
paperboymafia wrote:
Read on Twitter

People need to gauge the current team as that.... more than "They are simply a middle of the pack team that barely has a .500 record and JUST SNUCK INTO THE PLAYOFFS" There is much more to that tale. :-D Great job guys! This is only the beginning!

Greg Anthony said it best. The Magic earned this playoff spot. They went out and won on the road against one of the better teams in the league in a hard fought game. Didn't have to get outside help to luck their way in.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,037

Post#238 » by Driguez » Tue Apr 9, 2019 2:36 pm

I am just. Happy. It made my week. Im so proud of these guys man and COACH. He's the key. Let's **** go!
Huevos Bancheros
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#239 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 3:16 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:That's what I'm wondering right now and since we've clinched...as Clifford said..Can we think bigger? or is it just a one time splash and it might fade away next season very fast?
Is this sustainable? How can we be more competitve without destroying the current system...so many questons
guess we will have some answers soon with the first round.

This what it hopefully means when we say... "we are trying to develop an identity/culture". So yes... if the personnel stays the same and so does the mentality... for a young and developing team we should be on the up and up.

For a coach to come in.... and do what he has done in half a year, on a team that has been lackluster to pitiful for the better half of a decade, is remarkable. These guys are buying and doing what they are supposed to do. Imagine when they reach the next step... The "I don't care if you're at the top of the league or the bottom we are coming into the game with the same mindset 'GRIND'.." type of mentality.

And it's not like we are an aging team. Our "older players" are hitting their strides in their careers (Vuc, Fournier, Ross), providing a foundation to build upon and we've got some great new pieces that are going to make this building strong (Gordon, Isaac, Fultz, Bamba). So.... in my head... Coach Clifford knows the potential he sees in this team when he says "This is only the beginning"

Loving it!
BDill012
Senior
And1: 273

Post#240 » by BDill012 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 3:42 pm

I am so pumped that we are finally back in the playoffs! I am looking forward to being at the game here in Charlotte tomorrow night. I am glad that the playoff berth has already been clinched so I can just enjoy it.

Go Magic!

Return to Orlando Magic