ImageImageImageImage

Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,261

Re: Latest Magic Trade Rumors (Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer) 

Post#221 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:08 pm

basketballRob wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Like you said if Vuc gets more rebounds, blocks, and steals, then he has more ws. If you look at who's more effective at allowing the other team to score less, it's Jokic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

well, 10x the defender to me would point to multiple stats. any plux/minus heavily relies on whoever else is on the court with them.
Pepe says we shouldn't use basketball reference and should use the NBA.com's net rating. He told me that after Mo had a bad net rating his rookie year. If we go by that, Vuc is -8.6 and Jokic is +8.3. I believe Jokic's defensive rating is 111.2 and Vuc is 113.6.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,664

Post#222 » by Skin » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:54 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
Skin wrote:The proof is in the pudding. Vuc is a fantastic offensive player and has been our #1 guy for the last 9 years. In that time we have completely stunk as a team. What more proof does anyone need to see in order to realize something about the way this team is constructed is fundamentally flawed?

Not only can we not trade him for an All-Star caliber wing, we can't even trade him for a good one. His value simply doesn't command it. What does the rest of the NBA tell you about that? Teams are willing to give up a ton for Beal, but in Vuc's case... nada.

As you said TEAM... this is a team sport. A team is a sum of all the parts. Not everyone can throw everything on their shoulders and carry them to the promise land. Anthony davis was a great player on a **** TEAM. Now look at him. Immediate champion. Can't just simplify it to such a level. Health has played a huge part in the last few year as well. We've made it to the playoff and busted ass in each of them... but sadly 1st seed vs. injured/maturing 8th seed doesn't help the outcome. If you can honestly say that both the Toronto and Milwakee Series would have not even changed a little if AG ... JI.... etc... were healthy... then you might... have had a point. Instead we were starting 3rd stringers in many cases... but then we wanna close the book on the notion that things couldn't be better.

and who says we "Cannot trade him"...? Just because there are rumors and that magic haven't pulled the trigger.... ?

Just look at Anthony Davis? OK so what? Keep Vuc and try to get a Lebron caliber player???

Davis also is light year's better than Vuc. Let's not just pretend one highly priced Center = another highly priced Center.

Lastly, even at full heath, this team was not getting past Round 1. C'mon now. What's the goal???
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,055

Post#223 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 am

Magic fans have become the woman with low self esteem who is married to the gay man who won't have sex with her, but stays with him anyway because he "likes" her and is loyal.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,119

Post#224 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:00 pm

Skin wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
Skin wrote:The proof is in the pudding. Vuc is a fantastic offensive player and has been our #1 guy for the last 9 years. In that time we have completely stunk as a team. What more proof does anyone need to see in order to realize something about the way this team is constructed is fundamentally flawed?

Not only can we not trade him for an All-Star caliber wing, we can't even trade him for a good one. His value simply doesn't command it. What does the rest of the NBA tell you about that? Teams are willing to give up a ton for Beal, but in Vuc's case... nada.

As you said TEAM... this is a team sport. A team is a sum of all the parts. Not everyone can throw everything on their shoulders and carry them to the promise land. Anthony davis was a great player on a **** TEAM. Now look at him. Immediate champion. Can't just simplify it to such a level. Health has played a huge part in the last few year as well. We've made it to the playoff and busted ass in each of them... but sadly 1st seed vs. injured/maturing 8th seed doesn't help the outcome. If you can honestly say that both the Toronto and Milwakee Series would have not even changed a little if AG ... JI.... etc... were healthy... then you might... have had a point. Instead we were starting 3rd stringers in many cases... but then we wanna close the book on the notion that things couldn't be better.

and who says we "Cannot trade him"...? Just because there are rumors and that magic haven't pulled the trigger.... ?

Just look at Anthony Davis? OK so what? Keep Vuc and try to get a Lebron caliber player???

Davis also is light year's better than Vuc. Let's not just pretend one highly priced Center = another highly priced Center.

Lastly, even at full heath, this team was not getting past Round 1. C'mon now. What's the goal???

That is your presumption and that is valid... We have not seen a healthy magic team in years... but for me... yes.... we could have, especially if you factor in growth that would have occurred. To each their own.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,907

Post#225 » by Knightro » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:15 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:That is your presumption and that is valid... We have not seen a healthy magic team in years... but for me... yes.... we could have, especially if you factor in growth that would have occurred. To each their own.

The Magic were the least injured team in the NBA just two years ago and got career years (at the time) from Vucevic, Ross and Augustin and only managed to go 42-40 with a gentleman's sweep in the first round.

Augustin isn't here anymore and his replacements (Fultz/Anthony) have yet to show the capability of playing as well as DJ did two years ago.

Fournier almost certainly won't be here next year because of luxury tax reasons and if they opt to replace him with their first round pick, that player will likely be much worse in the 21-22 season because most rookies are bad.

So where is the upside?

If hold on to everybody, Vooch, Ross, Gordon, and just subtract Evan (who they won't pay to avoid the tax) and draft one of the top SG's in Green/Suggs/Moody to replace him and roll into next season - what is the best case scenario there?

If everything goes right, they're right around .500 or slightly under and drafting 15th again?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,664

Post#226 » by Skin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Knightro wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:That is your presumption and that is valid... We have not seen a healthy magic team in years... but for me... yes.... we could have, especially if you factor in growth that would have occurred. To each their own.

The Magic were the least injured team in the NBA just two years ago and got career years (at the time) from Vucevic, Ross and Augustin and only managed to go 42-40 with a gentleman's sweep in the first round.

Augustin isn't here anymore and his replacements (Fultz/Anthony) have yet to show the capability of playing as well as DJ did two years ago.

Fournier almost certainly won't be here next year because of luxury tax reasons and if they opt to replace him with their first round pick, that player will likely be much worse in the 21-22 season because most rookies are bad.

So where is the upside?

If hold on to everybody, Vooch, Ross, Gordon, and just subtract Evan (who they won't pay to avoid the tax) and draft one of the top SG's in Green/Suggs/Moody to replace him and roll into next season - what is the best case scenario there?

If everything goes right, they're right around .500 or slightly under and drafting 15th again?

Too many people have short term vision. If they had long term vision, we wouldn't be in Year 9 of Vuc and stuck in the same place year after pathetic year.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#227 » by Skybox » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:58 pm

I'm switching my plan...let's simply trade Vuc for late picks and junk and then draft Kevin Durant and Giannis with those picks...easy peasy
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,313

Post#228 » by MagicMatic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:41 pm

Skybox wrote:I'm switching my plan...let's simply trade Vuc for late picks and junk and then draft Kevin Durant and Giannis with those picks...easy peasy

Or we could keep Vuc, build around him as our highest paid player until he’s 35, keep drafting 16th in “healthy” seasons, and never make it past the first round. “Culture defining”.
Husky1
Senior
And1: 314

Post#229 » by Husky1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:20 pm

I love Vooch but I will be pissed off if we don’t trade him now while he’s at his highest value wise. We need to be aggressive and take a risk, he’s 30 and isn’t gonna lead us to a championship. The next two drafts are completely stacked so it’s the best time for a reset. We need at least two first rounders in next two drafts. We also need a new coach and Front office. But they have till trade deadline to change my mind.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,321

Post#230 » by jonbob17 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:24 pm

Skybox wrote:I'm switching my plan...let's simply trade Vuc for late picks and junk and then draft Kevin Durant and Giannis with those picks...easy peasy

Just a heads up, Durant and Giannis are not draft eligible, but I like your plan. Who says we have to trade for late picks. We could turn him into a good pick(s) or young talent.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 600

Post#231 » by MasterGMer » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:26 pm

Is a trade with Golden State a good one?

GSW: Vuc + Gordon
Orlando: GSW's Minn 1st Round Pick + Wiggins + Wisemen

I really want this pick for us. We could potentially have 2 top 5 picks in this year's draft if we tank right and We trade right
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#232 » by Skybox » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:38 pm

MasterGMer wrote:Is a trade with Golden State a good one?

GSW: Vuc + Gordon
Orlando: GSW's Minn 1st Round Pick + Wiggins + Wisemen

I really want this pick for us. We could potentially have 2 top 5 picks in this year's draft if we tank right and We trade right

I'd do it if they would. But I don't think they would. I just posted a more extended version in the Trades n Transactions forums.
...If I were GSW, I'd definitely consider some kind of all-in now while Curry is still a super-elite offensive weapon. Their window closes in a couple of years, IMO...what's the point of bridging the transition to a rebuild if you could seriously battle for more rings and then just go up in flames all at once for a rebuild? It's far from guaranteed that Wiseman becomes a star and, even then, very unlikely it's while Curry is still at his peak.

Return to Orlando Magic