ImageImageImageImage

WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,156

Re: WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!! 

Post#241 » by swarlesbarkley » Tue Apr 9, 2019 4:04 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:That's what I'm wondering right now and since we've clinched...as Clifford said..Can we think bigger? or is it just a one time splash and it might fade away next season very fast?
Is this sustainable? How can we be more competitve without destroying the current system...so many questons
guess we will have some answers soon with the first round.

Those are my thoughts too as I don't think we will do much damage in the playoffs this year (absolutely hope I'm wrong!). I think a lot will depend on re-signing Vuc and maybe T-Ross. If we re-sign those guys, we will most likely need to make a trade to change up our line-up in a meaningful way. I think the most likely option is to keep the team the same and hope Fultz is the guy he was at Washington. If Fultz regains his form from college, we could keep the rest of the team basically the same and be comparable to Indy/Philly (not elite, but 2nd or maybe 3rd round of the playoffs). I think this is what WeHam is hoping to do as it gives us a longer window while Bamba, JI, and Fultz grow and develop together which could eventually lead to us being an elite group.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#242 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Apr 9, 2019 4:39 pm

If I'm Orlando I am playing everybody and going out and winning that game against Char tomorrow and praying for Miami to beat Brooklyn in D Wades last game. If there is any team we have the potential to upset in a series its Philly imo.

Vuc always gives Philly fits and we have played them as tuff as anybody this year. Getting the 6th seed would be huge imo.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,978

Post#243 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 9, 2019 5:13 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:If I'm Orlando I am playing everybody and going out and winning that game against Char tomorrow and praying for Miami to beat Brooklyn in D Wades last game. If there is any team we have the potential to upset in a series its Philly imo.

Vuc always gives Philly fits and we have played them as tuff as anybody this year. Getting the 6th seed would be huge imo.

I would be very surprised if Clifford let off the gas in the last game of the year, especially if Charlotte is still alive for the playoff spot.

Clifford seems to be one of the "respect for the game" types who wouldn't roll over in a meaningful game even if it's meaningful for the other side more than his side.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,312

Post#244 » by NotACat » Tue Apr 9, 2019 5:50 pm

Knightro wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:If I'm Orlando I am playing everybody and going out and winning that game against Char tomorrow and praying for Miami to beat Brooklyn in D Wades last game. If there is any team we have the potential to upset in a series its Philly imo.

I would be very surprised if Clifford let off the gas in the last game of the year, especially if Charlotte is still alive for the playoff spot.

Clifford seems to be one of the "respect for the game" types who wouldn't roll over in a meaningful game even if it's meaningful for the other side more than his side.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,614

Post#245 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Apr 9, 2019 9:24 pm

NotACat wrote:
Knightro wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Why settle for just making it to .500 and end with a winning record!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,993

Post#246 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 9:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

This helps our 6th seed hopes.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#247 » by MoMM » Tue Apr 9, 2019 9:51 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Knightro wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

No more moral victories.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,459

Post#248 » by NavalAviator94 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 9:53 pm

If we have a legit shot at Philly I wholeheartedly agree. Philly would not want to play Orlando in the same way we don’t want to play Toronto. I would rather play Milwaukee over Toronto.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#249 » by OrlandoMagic » Tue Apr 9, 2019 10:05 pm

I got 8 tickets to our 1st home game and 4 for the second home game presale before the GP. Super excited for this
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,152

Post#250 » by KillMonger » Tue Apr 9, 2019 11:16 pm

I agree, I want Philly.... We'll still probably lose but I think we might be able to make that series interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,944

Post#251 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 9, 2019 11:50 pm

So.. elephant in the room.

JI is/was in the protocol. Can he play against CHA or even game 1? We didn't notice anything serious in the game so why is he in it? What scares me is that if he suddenly complains minutes AFTER the said incident that caused it.

So any updates on our org doctors about it?
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#252 » by J_Magic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:00 am

RookieStar wrote:So.. elephant in the room.

JI is/was in the protocol. Can he play against CHA or even game 1? We didn't notice anything serious in the game so why is he in it? What scares me is that if he suddenly complains minutes AFTER the said incident that caused it.

I don't think it was a concussion. Wasn't it a elbow to the jaw?

He tweeted he's good :)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,614

Post#253 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:05 am

MoMM wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

No more moral victories.

First winning record in 8 years would be a massive accomplishent for these guys confidence.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,459

WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!! 

Post#254 » by NavalAviator94 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:18 am

J_Magic wrote:
RookieStar wrote:So.. elephant in the room.

I don't think it was a concussion. Wasn't it a elbow to the jaw?

He tweeted he's good :)

I read he’s in the concussion protocol. Not sure how many days and things he has to pass before he’s allowed t come back. Assume he’s out tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant

Post#255 » by OrlandoMagic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:30 am

Serious question. If Detroit wins tomorrow night thst gives them a season record of 41-41. When was the last time all 8 playoff teams in the East were atleast a 500 ball club?
Edual
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#256 » by Edual » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:35 am

OrlandoMagic wrote:Serious question. If Detroit wins tomorrow night thst gives them a season record of 41-41. When was the last time all 8 playoff teams in the East were atleast a 500 ball club?

the last 4 seasons teams needed .500 or better to make the playoffs
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#257 » by OrlandO » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:37 am

updated seeding scenarios

Read on Twitter
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant

Post#258 » by OrlandoMagic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:09 am

Edual wrote:
OrlandoMagic wrote:Serious question. If Detroit wins tomorrow night thst gives them a season record of 41-41. When was the last time all 8 playoff teams in the East were atleast a 500 ball club?

the last 4 seasons teams needed .500 or better to make the playoffs

DAMN if that’s true shows you I don’t pay much attention when the magic don’t make it :lol:
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#259 » by OrlandO » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:41 am

Read on Twitter
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#260 » by OrlandO » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:46 am

Read on Twitter