ImageImageImageImage

Elfrid Payton just doesn't make players better

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

prizm
Junior
And1: 265

Re: Elfrid Payton just doesn't make players better 

Post#261 » by prizm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 pm

WeAreVenom wrote:
prizm wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:well just be happy he didnt choose such haircuts but we are nearing the era that will happen anytime soon :lol: with young new players entering the league

Wtf :rofl:

I dont care what hair dew he got... but it does look like the johnny bravo hairdew messes with his vision...

And if it does it's kinda weird why he won't change it up to be able to see... since playing basketball... one of the main traits are having perfect vision...

Yeah and you'd think he'd want to do everything possible to improve his offense....does anyone know if his hair is that long for a particular reason?

I just really can't see keeping that hairstyle when it interferes with your shot. I've had to cut my hair for my career, didn't even think twice about it.

I guess he just really like that hairstyle... nothing wrong with that... we all have our own preferences...

But like you said... why keep that style if it interferes with his shot...i remember one poster saying he had to hold back his hair while running for a loose ball or I think trying to catch up to a opposing player... it's basically interfering with his overall game...

If he really doesn't want to change it up I'd at least tie it up in some way to make sure it won't interfere my game... this ain't no damn styling contest it's a basketball contest
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#262 » by WeAreVenom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 am

prizm wrote:
WeAreVenom wrote:
Yeah and you'd think he'd want to do everything possible to improve his offense....does anyone know if his hair is that long for a particular reason?

I just really can't see keeping that hairstyle when it interferes with your shot. I've had to cut my hair for my career, didn't even think twice about it.

I guess he just really like that hairstyle... nothing wrong with that... we all have our own preferences...

But like you said... why keep that style if it interferes with his shot...i remember one poster saying he had to hold back his hair while running for a loose ball or I think trying to catch up to a opposing player... it's basically interfering with his overall game...

If he really doesn't want to change it up I'd at least tie it up in some way to make sure it won't interfere my game... this ain't no damn styling contest it's a basketball contest

This really strikes me as a big deal. Speaks volumes about where his head is at....like you said, at least tie it back.

Actually......I don't care what he does with it at this point. Not like he's going to be here in a few months anyway.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,406

Post#263 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:19 am

How to make Payton better starting pack:

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,049

Post#264 » by fendilim » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:55 am

How do you guys think Elfrid cleans his hair?
NxtGr8MagicCntr
Senior
And1: 573

Post#265 » by NxtGr8MagicCntr » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:20 am

We havent had a good pg since jameer and even then everyone hated him too.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,537

Post#266 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 am

Yeah I dont care he likes it he should be able to stash it different way XD for game time I coudnt care less what he has on head after the game though... he can have le poop there if he wants it
its his right
but on the court he should be pro about it and keep it simple
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#267 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:14 pm

NxtGr8MagicCntr wrote:We havent had a good pg since jameer and even then everyone hated him too.

cause we miss Penny and Armstrong
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#268 » by fklt » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:40 pm

i thought elfrid had a cool hair in the rookie season. it had some sort a pizzazz about it, it put some character in him. he was the guy with the crazy hair, that kind of thing. but i flipped last season though when it started flapping and looked like a awning.

now its closing on a horse blinder :lol: seriously, i can't imagine living with a vertical field of view that low, permanently. and he said he outgrown the look already, why does he keep doing this to himself, just cut it damn it :lol:
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#269 » by J_Magic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 pm

He cares about his hair more than being a good NBA player.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#270 » by InFlames » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:well just be happy he didnt choose such haircuts but we are nearing the era that will happen anytime soon :lol: with young new players entering the league

That mohawk is **** epic.
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#271 » by NBlue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:18 pm

I realize everyone remains focused on his hair and generally hating on him but in his last 11 games EP is averaging 17 points and 7 assists per game while shooting at about a 55% clip. Obviously, he is no DJ Augustin but I just thought it worth noting...
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,431

Post#272 » by DaddyCool19 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:52 pm

https://streamable.com/ugpkm

His hair strikes again. Seriously I would send that guy to the G League until he fixes that hair or ties it back.
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#273 » by WeAreVenom » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:00 pm

NBlue wrote:I realize everyone remains focused on his hair and generally hating on him but in his last 11 games EP is averaging 17 points and 7 assists per game while shooting at about a 55% clip. Obviously, he is no DJ Augustin but I just thought it worth noting...

The hair this is just really damning to me.....of ALL the ways to style his hair, he picks the one that would block his field of vision towards the hoop. It just says a lot to me......
NBlue
Rookie

Post#274 » by NBlue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 pm

WeAreVenom wrote:
NBlue wrote:I realize everyone remains focused on his hair and generally hating on him but in his last 11 games EP is averaging 17 points and 7 assists per game while shooting at about a 55% clip. Obviously, he is no DJ Augustin but I just thought it worth noting...

The hair this is just really damning to me.....of ALL the ways to style his hair, he picks the one that would block his field of vision towards the hoop. It just says a lot to me......

Its hard to argue with this. I guess, in theory, one could counter that EP just led the team to a win in Boston scoring 22 while shooting 56% right after going 19 & 8 and just missing the win at Cleveland and perhaps one might also notice that he is averaging 16.6 & 6.5 over his last 14 games while shooting well over 50%. But, still, the hair. We should trade him immediately or release him.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#275 » by tiderulz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:50 pm

NBlue wrote:
WeAreVenom wrote:

Its hard to argue with this. I guess, in theory, one could counter that EP just led the team to a win in Boston scoring 22 while shooting 56% right after going 19 & 8 and just missing the win at Cleveland and perhaps one might also notice that he is averaging 16.6 & 6.5 over his last 14 games while shooting well over 50%. But, still, the hair. We should trade him immediately or release him.

it shows a mindset. be a professional. Imagine how much better he could possibly be without vision issues from the hair
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#276 » by Furinkazan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:00 pm

Social experiment.Wonder how many of us would actually change our perception and opinion about EP if he cut his hair or change hairstlye to umm Carroll style fr example.l o l
asianguy
Rookie
And1: 99

Post#277 » by asianguy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:01 pm

NBlue wrote:
WeAreVenom wrote:

What if he could avg 20&8 with better shooting without the hair blocking his vision? I'm not saying his hair is holding him back that much, but I think most people would agreed that his hair does seem to have a little impact.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,150

Post#278 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:20 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:Social experiment.Wonder how many of us would actually change our perception and opinion about EP if he cut his hair or change hairstlye to umm Carroll style fr example.l o l

show me consistency longer than just a month every couple months..
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
NBlue
Rookie

Post#279 » by NBlue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:51 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:Social experiment.Wonder how many of us would actually change our perception and opinion about EP if he cut his hair or change hairstlye to umm Carroll style fr example.l o l

show me consistency longer than just a month every couple months..

I think that is actually a fair criticism. Inconsistency from game to game has certainly been the hallmark of EPs young career. That said, in response, I would like to note that although his consistency within a season has been his bug-a-boo, the progress year over year is a pretty clear trendline:

Season Age PER TS%
2014-15 20 13.8 0.456
2015-16 21 13.9 0.478
2016-17 22 17.2 0.52
2017-18 23 17.8 0.565
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#280 » by Furinkazan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:03 pm

progres statwise
but its as meaningless as Vogel speaking before the Cavs game how much EP% improved and that he shoots 39% from 3 point line now.
Forgot to add he takes like 5 shots in 10 games while most of starting pgs shoot 5+ times a game.I loled out.

Return to Orlando Magic