ImageImageImageImage

NBA 2k17 ratings

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Re: NBA 2k17 ratings 

Post#41 » by Orlwillbeback » Fri Sep 2, 2016 9:40 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:Well Towns basically jumped 10 points from this year to last. They started out Porzingis at like 74 and then of course shat themselves once he started doing well and moved him up to an 80. I'm sure they were giddily waiting to do that since he plays for NY.

Absolutely, positively, no reason why Julius freaking Randle should have a better rating than Gordon other than blatant pandering to the LA market.

I think even a lot of Laker fans would take Gordon over Randle. But Randle did have better raw stats, almost averaging a double double for the season.

While Gordon wasn't ready according to Skiles, he was playing < 20mpg which really hurt his stats.

You may have a point but imo when the difference is that small in raw stats I would value advanced stats more.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#42 » by j-ragg » Fri Sep 2, 2016 10:49 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:Well Towns basically jumped 10 points from this year to last. They started out Porzingis at like 74 and then of course shat themselves once he started doing well and moved him up to an 80. I'm sure they were giddily waiting to do that since he plays for NY.

Absolutely, positively, no reason why Julius freaking Randle should have a better rating than Gordon other than blatant pandering to the LA market.

I think even a lot of Laker fans would take Gordon over Randle. But Randle did have better raw stats, almost averaging a double double for the season.

While Gordon wasn't ready according to Skiles, he was playing < 20mpg which really hurt his stats.

You may have a point but imo when the difference is that small in raw stats I would value advanced stats more.

Right, we would but 2k doesn't care about that. But still there are some massive discrepancies with the ratings, I'm sure they'll change all season long.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,166

Post#43 » by KillMonger » Fri Sep 2, 2016 10:55 pm

Guys at 2k said that these are not the final ratings
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,540

Post#44 » by Furinkazan » Sat Sep 3, 2016 7:32 am

lol its less than a month to the release date and they still didnt finish the game? I dont know how it works and how long it takes to manufacture several hundreds of thousands copies and boxes etc ...for several editions Im guessing they need to make but shoudnt they have it sorted out by now? I thought product would be manufactured by now? when release date kicks in most major retailers already shoud have copies on the shelves.
FoxToddley
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#45 » by FoxToddley » Sun Sep 4, 2016 6:01 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:lol its less than a month to the release date and they still didnt finish the game? I dont know how it works and how long it takes to manufacture several hundreds of thousands copies and boxes etc ...for several editions Im guessing they need to make but shoudnt they have it sorted out by now? I thought product would be manufactured by now? when release date kicks in most major retailers already shoud have copies on the shelves.

AAA Title games such as NBA2k, Fifa, Madden, COD are very rarely complete upon release. High pressure to produce regular titles in a very small amount of time, mixed with growing expectations of gamers is often the cause. Instead they rely on patches and updates (in some cases paid DLC) to fix the game as it develops over the months.

As for Magic player ratings, they will adjusted throughout the season according to performance, form and improved abilities. This process is known as Dynamic ratings and can be used whenever you start a new game or in my team.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,197

Post#46 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Sep 5, 2016 1:16 am

I just hope 2k releases a Neo patch and we have a couple players get hot early and get nice boosts in 2ks first dynamic ratings adjustment.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,266

Post#47 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Sep 7, 2016 12:37 pm

Tayswagzzz wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Just adjust the ratings.

Sent from my D6708 using RealGM mobile app

I dont think we can just adjust and play online random matches and leagues ...if so everybody would pack 99 on all players so no matter what team you would take gameplay would be the same

I think you can adjust and play offline this way but its no fun

100% Correct.

I wonder if they are going to do the Tier system again for online ranked play...it wasn't good enough to encourage non Tier 1 teams IMO...Cavs/Warriors/Thunders still dominated in popularity because there wasn't enough incentive to play teams worse than them, and that made online ranked play really boring. I really hope they improve that. Honestly maybe just put matchmaking Tier 3 vs Tier 3, Tier 2 vs Tier 2, Tier 1 vs Tier 1. The game needs diversity in that aspect, that would make it more fun to play the quick ranked matches online.

I know that and I wasn't talking about playing online, I was referring to playing association or season. Playing online has always sucked because there's a 0.5 second delay between executing a move on the controller and it happening during an online match. At least in my experience.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#48 » by Tayswagzzz » Wed Sep 7, 2016 12:39 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Tayswagzzz wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:
I dont think we can just adjust and play online random matches and leagues ...if so everybody would pack 99 on all players so no matter what team you would take gameplay would be the same

I think you can adjust and play offline this way but its no fun

100% Correct.

I wonder if they are going to do the Tier system again for online ranked play...it wasn't good enough to encourage non Tier 1 teams IMO...Cavs/Warriors/Thunders still dominated in popularity because there wasn't enough incentive to play teams worse than them, and that made online ranked play really boring. I really hope they improve that. Honestly maybe just put matchmaking Tier 3 vs Tier 3, Tier 2 vs Tier 2, Tier 1 vs Tier 1. The game needs diversity in that aspect, that would make it more fun to play the quick ranked matches online.

I know that and I wasn't talking about playing online, I was referring to playing association or season. Playing online has always sucked because there's a 0.5 second delay between executing a move on the controller and it happening during an online match. At least in my experience.

Yeah I don't know why they have such bad servers.
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,266

Post#49 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Sep 7, 2016 12:57 pm

Tayswagzzz wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Tayswagzzz wrote:
100% Correct.

Yeah I don't know why they have such bad servers.

I just cant get onboard with playing online. I feel like its that coupled with everything being too easy (Steals, threes) people glitching, sitting on the damn pause menu. I'll likely give it a shot this season like I do every season but I'm not holding out hope.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
jc23
RealGM
And1: 11,103

Post#50 » by jc23 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:52 pm

if your interested in a 2k17 ps4 sim style league we are looking for a Magic owner. info here:

http://www.best2kleague.com/
Be curious, Not judgmental
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#51 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:19 pm

The only reason I like to play online anymore is to talk and bs with my friend over the headset while I play
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#52 » by Furinkazan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:31 pm

so how is it? the game I take its been released few days ago?
Is Fournier unplayable like last year?
Saw Mario in the SL on utube lol wearing 23 while having a pat garrity face :D
seems this is worse than 2k16 :D
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#53 » by EAS Law » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:38 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:so how is it? the game I take its been released few days ago?

I'm also curious. I haven't picked it up yet. I really have to say though, I think it's totally ridiculous that KAT is rated THAT highly. Prime Dwight was only 3 pts higher than him and took a long time to get there. I know the matrix is different now, but you get it.

Also, I've said many times before, advanced stats are what really help determine how good a player CAN be. I think 2k should focus a lot more on this than raw stats considering the nature of what they're trying to accomplish.

The previous Fournier renders would have been fine if they just fixed his hair. This year is awful. I haven't seen the Mario one either, but I'm not surprised it's bad. He was only the 5th overal pick, no big deal...

We got a really tough shake this offseason, so if my team is pretty much unplayable, I may skip this title.
pcity813
Senior
And1: 124

Post#54 » by pcity813 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:45 am

I have a 7-3 record online with Orlando so far. Two of those loses came from disconnect. If you slow it down and play to the teams strength, they are tough to beat.

*Gordons shot is hit or miss. You have to be wide open and still almost get his release green to make a 3. He is ok from mid range...
*Vuc is a beast in the post. Fadeaways from close almost always go in. He is money from mid range. His shot is different and a lot easier this year....
*Serge and Biyombo are what you expext. Defensive anchors in the low post. Serge, though not consistent, can knock down threes from the corner, and Biyombo has a decent inside game and crashes the board hard. So does Gordon. And with the improvements on tip ins this year, I get a lot of putbacks with Vuc, Serge, Biyombo, and Gordon...
*Fournier is almost the same as last year. I can only really use him as a shooter. He will knock down open shots and is good running off floppy screens or down screens. Hezonja is a little better then last year mainly because his shot is more consistent. He can still finish at the rim like last year...
*Payton is still the same. Don't expect to much from him but if you van get him going it will be the difference. He can drive a little. Still can't shoot but he will make a few open threes if you get a decent release....
*Meeks is a money from three for me. He has a easy release and teams tend to not pay attention to him...
*The overall team defense is solid. We are just a little slow on the perimeter...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,058

Post#55 » by fendilim » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:17 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:
j-ragg wrote:

That would make Boban the GOAT then.
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#56 » by Furinkazan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:08 am

EAS Law wrote:

I'm also curious. I haven't picked it up yet. I really have to say though, I think it's totally ridiculous that KAT is rated THAT highly. Prime Dwight was only 3 pts higher than him and took a long time to get there. I know the matrix is different now, but you get it.

Also, I've said many times before, advanced stats are what really help determine how good a player CAN be. I think 2k should focus a lot more on this than raw stats considering the nature of what they're trying to accomplish.

The previous Fournier renders would have been fine if they just fixed his hair. This year is awful. I haven't seen the Mario one either, but I'm not surprised it's bad. He was only the 5th overal pick, no big deal...

We got a really tough shake this offseason, so if my team is pretty much unplayable, I may skip this title.

I guess I will skip ...too many things in 2k pisses me off
I wish nba live come back to her former glory not beacuse I like it but maybe then 2k team would be pushed they would actually start trying to make game playable...now they got no competition so they dont care
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#57 » by EAS Law » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:35 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
EAS Law wrote:

I guess I will skip ...too many things in 2k pisses me off
I wish nba live come back to her former glory not beacuse I like it but maybe then 2k team would be pushed they would actually start trying to make game playable...now they got no competition so they dont care

I caved and picked it up. There are a lot of glitches to address and the rosters already need updating. It's tough getting lit up by Chris Bosh knowing it isn't a true sim because of it. They make simple roster edits tougher than they need to be IMO

The graphics are a little better, but it's pretty much the same thing as before. They invested a lot into the myPlayer, which is cool for replay value, but not that important to me

Return to Orlando Magic