ImageImageImageImage

D'Angelo Russell Anyone?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,236

Re: D'Angelo Russell Anyone? 

Post#41 » by tiderulz » Tue May 21, 2024 8:38 pm

Skin wrote:The interest in him might be real. It's in today's WireTap.

Wiretap has us linked to a lot of players, i believe because of our cap space.

We could use his offense, we cant use his bonehead decisions and lack of defense and weak mentality. (i mean c'mon, eating food during a team huddle with your team down, looked like he didnt even care). Paolo even came out and said the team is looking for 2-way players. Now maybe he pulls a Kyrie Irving and actually decides to start playing some defense, but i wouldnt count on it.

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,277

Post#42 » by cedric76 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:38 pm

No
Draft BPA and send him to G league
keep moe
Sign monk and DE'ANTHONY MELTON
Let chuma+fultz go
Harris on 1+1
Goga on 2+1

unleash Jett
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,962

Post#43 » by RookieStar » Tue May 21, 2024 8:50 pm

What is with DAR that he is a WePArk pick?
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 747

Post#44 » by RichCollab » Tue May 21, 2024 8:57 pm

He is a terrible cultural fit.
Black and Blue
Sixth Man
And1: 1,476

Post#45 » by Black and Blue » Tue May 21, 2024 9:01 pm

Only way Magic kick the tires on him is if they majorly miss in free agency or they chat with him and determine his attitude was due to extenuating circumstances. On the surface his attitude and age are not fits for this team.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,666

Post#46 » by Skin » Tue May 21, 2024 9:18 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Skin wrote:The interest in him might be real. It's in today's WireTap.

Wiretap has us linked to a lot of players, i believe because of our cap space.

We could use his offense, we cant use his bonehead decisions and lack of defense and weak mentality. (i mean c'mon, eating food during a team huddle with your team down, looked like he didnt even care). Paolo even came out and said the team is looking for 2-way players. Now maybe he pulls a Kyrie Irving and actually decides to start playing some defense, but i wouldnt count on it.

LOL, yeah he's an odd ball. Never considered him a winner.

I think I still prefer Tyus Jones.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Post#47 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:45 am

Why?
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,067

Post#48 » by fendilim » Wed May 22, 2024 3:50 am

During the peak of his career, the time he was in Brooklyn, the Magic were reportedly interested in acquiring him or Dinwiddie, iirc.
CZ Eddie
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#49 » by CZ Eddie » Wed May 22, 2024 4:56 am

It's weird how we're seeing FA rumors for Russell.
We rarely ever have leaks/rumors.

Please DO NOT sign Russell.
Lakers are my #2 team and I have no interest in watching this guy play for the Lakers (twice) and now the Magic.
Keep your politics out of my sports
meatwad4343
Bench Warmer
And1: 307

Post#50 » by meatwad4343 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:14 am

What's his issue with defense? Is it effort or is he just not capable? If it's more of an effort thing I'd be fine bringing him in as the culture we have set here should light a fire under him and get him to at least be average on that end.

In perfect world if we do this, Lakers could do a sign and trade, give us picks and assests for Wendell, and use that extra money to go out and get an elite rim protector like claxton, which could help offset dlo's defense a little more
fendilim
RealGM

Post#51 » by fendilim » Wed May 22, 2024 7:34 am

meatwad4343 wrote:What's his issue with defense? Is it effort or is he just not capable? If it's more of an effort thing I'd be fine bringing him in as the culture we have set here should light a fire under him and get him to at least be average on that end.

In perfect world if we do this, Lakers could do a sign and trade, give us picks and assests for Wendell, and use that extra money to go out and get an elite rim protector like claxton, which could help offset dlo's defense a little more

He thinks he is too cool to play defense
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 856

Post#52 » by I Rasharted » Wed May 22, 2024 10:31 am

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#53 » by tiderulz » Wed May 22, 2024 11:58 am

CZ Eddie wrote:It's weird how we're seeing FA rumors for Russell.
We rarely ever have leaks/rumors.

Please DO NOT sign Russell.
Lakers are my #2 team and I have no interest in watching this guy play for the Lakers (twice) and now the Magic.

its not that weird. with our cap space, we are going to be linked to everyone
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#54 » by tiderulz » Wed May 22, 2024 12:01 pm

meatwad4343 wrote:What's his issue with defense? Is it effort or is he just not capable? If it's more of an effort thing I'd be fine bringing him in as the culture we have set here should light a fire under him and get him to at least be average on that end.

IMO, defense is always about effort. he is quick enough to score on offense, but that same effort is never there for him on defense.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,065

Post#55 » by drsd » Wed May 22, 2024 1:03 pm

tiderulz wrote:its not that weird. with our cap space, we are going to be linked to everyone

And-1

It is literally Anthony Parker's job to call the agent of every FA in the league. It would be malpractice if he did not.
That "leaks" as a narrative that: the Magic has interest in player-X. Yes: the Magic is interested in every NBA player. And for a FA meeting, that starts with an agent call.

Let's flip this around. It is an agent's responsibility to maximize pay for their client, and that is best achieved via a bidding war. Thus, Agents will ALWAYS leaks GM conversations. It would be malpractice if agents did not.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#56 » by fendilim » Wed May 22, 2024 5:09 pm

Dlo doesn’t do well against physical defense, which is basically every game in the playoffs.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,048

Post#57 » by Skybox » Wed May 22, 2024 6:27 pm

drsd wrote:
tiderulz wrote:its not that weird. with our cap space, we are going to be linked to everyone

And-1

It is literally Anthony Parker's job to call the agent of every FA in the league. It would be malpractice if he did not.
That "leaks" as a narrative that: the Magic has interest in player-X. Yes: the Magic is interested in every NBA player. And for a FA meeting, that starts with an agent call.

Let's flip this around. It is an agent's responsibility to maximize pay for their client, and that is best achieved via a bidding war. Thus, Agents will ALWAYS leaks GM conversations. It would be malpractice if agents did not.

Agents will do a lot more than leak, they'll create imaginary scenarios to generate some buzz...I'm not saying lie, just suggest that Team X makes a lot of sense and then decline comment if asked directly..."I can't confirm or deny those conversations (I made up :lol: ) have taken place yet, Woj - it would be inappropriate..."
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,821

Post#58 » by IllMagic04 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:45 pm

Not my first choice but I wouldn't be mad at it. D'Lo would play way better for us then he did in LA under the Lebron pressure.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,182

Post#59 » by Braggins » Thu May 23, 2024 12:02 am

I really hope they don't sign DLo. Monk is the guy.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#60 » by tiderulz » Thu May 23, 2024 2:32 am

Braggins wrote:I really hope they don't sign DLo. Monk is the guy.

sadly, Dlo is probably the better player skill wise

Return to Orlando Magic