ImageImageImageImage

Gilbert?

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#41 » by maginno » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:32 am

MagicalMan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well people do like to pretend that wed be in better shape if Rashard would've signed for 80 million instead of 118. And others (or those same people) like to forget that we extended Dwight and Jameer putting us over the cap as well.

OF course we would be better off. You are pretending. We wouldn't be that much better in cap space no but our pieces would be more tradeable. How is that not better. LOL! You think we'd be in a worse position if we got the same guy for less money? This thread just keeps getting better and better.

Arenas will probably stay right where he is but somewhere over the contract of Rashard A superstar will become available in a trade or sign and trade. One who would no doubt have loved to play with Dwight. When that happens you will finally get why regardless of cap space the team would be better off with a tradeable contract for Rashard.
noblejedi777
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#42 » by noblejedi777 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:28 pm

I dont know why I'm so big on Gilbert, but I see it this way, think matrix, the more the guns the better your chances. You can never, ever have enough offensive weapons. That being said, we do need a lock down defender, and we still need to shore up our 1 guard. I love Jameer, but the brother just aint cutting it. He is not our long term starter.

I personally would love to see agent 0 suit up in magic blue. Go Magic!
noblejedi777
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#43 » by noblejedi777 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:33 pm

BTW, I would love the magic to make a run for Calderon, that brother needs to be a magic.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 936

Post#44 » by mattyBoi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:51 am

Hey man i agree...Calderon is our missing link!!!
tmacfan512
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#45 » by tmacfan512 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:36 am

mattyBoi wrote:You all will see this summer when many players with great potential (Calderon, Ellis, Maggette) are forced to sign for the MLE and many potential max players who arent happy and have already turned down huge deals (Igoudala, Okafor, Deng, Josh Smith just to name a few) will either have to accept their teams losing and take the deals or settle for substantially less or maybe even accept one year deals with teams.

what if the wizards (or whatever team) decide to work a S&T with another team instead? arenas, etc could get their $$$ that way

Return to Orlando Magic