ImageImageImageImage

Preseason Game Thread #2: Orlando Magic @ Cleveland Cavs 7PM ET

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,268

Re: RE: Re: Preseason Game Thread #2: Orlando Magic @ Cleveland Cavs 7PM ET 

Post#401 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:07 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:We still lost the game!! Lol, you guys are seriously insane. Do you root for one player or an actual team?

Nobody is rooting for one player. It's a fact that will miss Oladipo. He was our only dynamic wing player and top 10 sg. You're mission to pretend he's some bench warmer is what's insane. Get off of it already. Vic was the only one That showed up that game.

Sent from my D6708 using RealGM mobile app

Whats a dynamic wing player? A guy who makes threes and also finishes layups? We have that guy - it's Evan Fournier.
Yes, and yes Fournier, while not nearly as athletic, is dynamic. That doesn't mean we wont miss Oladipo's hustle and stifling defense.

Don't tell me what to do either or put words in my mouth. It's childish and misses the point of my post. I never said he was a "bench warmer". Just not a fit for our team, and I talked about him getting traded months before, while you were in denial and attacking everybody who brought it up.
Its not a competition, nobody cares that you TALKED about him getting traded, it was a lucky guess. I also don't care whether or not I attacked anyone...I probably did. But I remember wanting to keep both guys and I said that pretty frequently.

We lost every game against CLE WITH Victor last year. He changes nothing about the outcome. That's a historical fact.
"historical fact" :lol: You're obviously having trouble grasping what people are saying. We lost every game against Cleveland with Fournier, Payton, Nik, Gordon, and Mario on the team as well that's not the point. People were talking about ONE **** GAME where he scored 45 giving us our best chance to win. You're losing your **** because someone gave him the proper credit he deserved. We'll likely miss the things Victor brought to the table so us just deal with it and stop taking it so personal.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Re: Preseason Game Thread #2: Orlando Magic @ Cleveland Cavs 7PM ET 

Post#402 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Nobody is rooting for one player. It's a fact that will miss Oladipo. He was our only dynamic wing player and top 10 sg. You're mission to pretend he's some bench warmer is what's insane. Get off of it already. Vic was the only one That showed up that game.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ranking-the-nbas-top-10-shooting-guards/
10. Evan Fournier, Orlando Magic

The 23-year-old Frenchman will join Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and Rudy Gobert as some of the more well-renowned European players to hail from France. Despite being just 23 years old, Fournier brought a wealth of international basketball experience with him to the NBA and, after spending his first two years in Denver, has progressed extraordinarily in his two years in Orlando. The emergence of Fournier (he averaged 15.4 points per game after starting in 71 contests last season) probably made general manager Rob Hennigan’s decision to trade Victor Oladipo a tad easier. During the 2015-16 season, Fournier showed impressive versatility, excelling at creating his own shots off the dribble and being an efficient shot maker. He has exceptional court vision and was often entrusted by Scott Skiles to be the decision-maker and playmaker when the game was on the line. Despite the presence of promising Mario Hezonja on the roster, it appears that the future of the perimeter for the Magic is Fournier, and it’s difficult to argue with the results.

I loved oladipo as a player and he was a dynamic scorer. I'm just not sure how much he helps when it comes to winning games. With his hero ball tendencies and questionable playmaking I never felt we would win more than we have to this point with him being our star.

I also don't believe that he's a top 10 Sg in this league. There's more of a case to be made with Fournier at this point than there is for oladipo in my opinion. Not to mention Fourniers fit for our team and next to Payton. He's a much more efficient scorer and a better shooter. I think Fournier makes this team better while I'm not sure the same can be said for Victor.

Yes he **** is. He's a top 10 sg in the league, he may fluctuate enough to where people can legitimately argue either way but he's in the top 10 hands down. His production will be even better playing with an elite player which is what this team actually. needs.

He definitely has the potential to be one. I just don't feel up to this point he has been. I do agree that playing next to Russell will benefit him though.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#403 » by PennytoShaq » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Nobody is rooting for one player. It's a fact that will miss Oladipo. He was our only dynamic wing player and top 10 sg. You're mission to pretend he's some bench warmer is what's insane. Get off of it already. Vic was the only one That showed up that game.

Whats a dynamic wing player? A guy who makes threes and also finishes layups? We have that guy - it's Evan Fournier.
Yes, and yes Fournier, while not nearly as athletic, is dynamic. That doesn't mean we wont miss Oladipo's hustle and stifling defense.

Don't tell me what to do either or put words in my mouth. It's childish and misses the point of my post. I never said he was a "bench warmer". Just not a fit for our team, and I talked about him getting traded months before, while you were in denial and attacking everybody who brought it up.
Its not a competition, nobody cares that you TALKED about him getting traded, it was a lucky guess. I also don't care whether or not I attacked anyone...I probably did. But I remember wanting to keep both guys and I said that pretty frequently.

We lost every game against CLE WITH Victor last year. He changes nothing about the outcome. That's a historical fact.
"historical fact" :lol: You're obviously having trouble grasping what people are saying. We lost every game against Cleveland with Fournier, Payton, Nik, Gordon, and Mario on the team as well that's not the point. People were talking about ONE **** GAME where he scored 45 giving us our best chance to win. You're losing your **** because someone gave him the proper credit he deserved. We'll likely miss the things Victor brought to the table so us just deal with it and stop taking it so personal.

The only person close to losing their **** would be you. You have already done it before in other threads, so this is probably just you projecting.

The one game people are talking about is meaningless, since we still lost the game. We will be be a better team this year, it's going to be ok.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#404 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:31 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

The only person close to losing their **** would be you. You have already done it before in other threads, so this is probably just you projecting.

The one game people are talking about is meaningless, since we still lost the game. We will be be a better team this year, it's going to be ok.

Don't try to flip it around on me. You're the one that started going off on people when they mentioned that one game and now this is the 3rd back and forth you've had. :lol: Give it up already. You're an Oladipo hater. We get it. Stop crying over the fact that he has fans.
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#405 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:42 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ranking-the-nbas-top-10-shooting-guards/

I loved oladipo as a player and he was a dynamic scorer. I'm just not sure how much he helps when it comes to winning games. With his hero ball tendencies and questionable playmaking I never felt we would win more than we have to this point with him being our star.

I also don't believe that he's a top 10 Sg in this league. There's more of a case to be made with Fournier at this point than there is for oladipo in my opinion. Not to mention Fourniers fit for our team and next to Payton. He's a much more efficient scorer and a better shooter. I think Fournier makes this team better while I'm not sure the same can be said for Victor.

Yes he **** is. He's a top 10 sg in the league, he may fluctuate enough to where people can legitimately argue either way but he's in the top 10 hands down. His production will be even better playing with an elite player which is what this team actually. needs.

He definitely has the potential to be one. I just don't feel up to this point he has been. I do agree that playing next to Russell will benefit him though.

I think most if not all of the players on this team fit into that mold. Elite players win titles, that's it. People can talk all they want about what Payton, Mario, and even AG MIGHT turn into but the fact is none of them is going to make us serious contenders unless one or two them absolutely explode into an elite player which I doubt happens. We have a bunch of 2nd tier players again this season and, I hope I'm wrong, I highly doubt making the PO's is going to be as easy as people are making it out to be. I think we need to mentally prepare for a fight for the 8th spot in the East.
#2A
#Adopt
PennytoShaq

Post#406 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Yes, and yes Fournier, while not nearly as athletic, is dynamic. That doesn't mean we wont miss Oladipo's hustle and stifling defense.

Don't try to flip it around on me. You're the one that started going off on people when they mentioned that one game and now this is the 3rd back and forth you've had. :lol: Give it up already. You're an Oladipo hater. We get it. Stop crying over the fact that he has fans.

You quoted me and attacked me in a thread that was pretty much dead and then you try and accuse me of having a "back and forth"? Wow, you really lack some social awareness, bud. The only person upset and crying is you, hence you bumping an argument that had been dead for days.
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#407 » by fklt » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:29 pm

we traded victor for serge and serge did not play at this game. aren't we supposed to be worse off this time, what are we discussing?
PennytoShaq

Post#408 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:56 pm

fklt wrote:we traded victor for serge and serge did not play at this game. aren't we supposed to be worse off this time, what are we discussing?

Honestly, who knows anymore.

If the team is bad around January, I can definitely see reasons to complain. But to start during preseason when we are missing 3 starter, it's just nuts. I guess this is how the culture of hot takes works now.

Return to Orlando Magic