ImageImageImageImage

Jett Howard assigned to G-League

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,058

Re: Jett Howard assigned to G-League 

Post#401 » by fendilim » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:38 am

eyriq wrote:It begins

Read on Twitter
?t=ysTZmgKYrfMN7xPIuV3zDw&s=19

Probably why we didnt make a trade for a shooter?
meatwad4343
Bench Warmer
And1: 307

Post#402 » by meatwad4343 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:21 am

fendilim wrote:

Read on Twitter

Will he actually play though or just sit at the end of the bench? Who's minutes is he taking?
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,960

Post#403 » by RookieStar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:29 am

meatwad4343 wrote:
fendilim wrote:

Read on Twitter

Will he actually play though or just sit at the end of the bench? Who's minutes is he taking?

After that masterful performance of jingles and gary, hard to decide..
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,201

Post#404 » by SOUL » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:30 am

meatwad4343 wrote:
fendilim wrote:

Read on Twitter

Just means he'll be on the bench/in practice.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,274

Post#405 » by cedric76 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:18 am

SOUL wrote:
meatwad4343 wrote:
fendilim wrote:Probably why we didnt make a trade for a shooter?

Goal is have him fully ready to break out next season
Draft da Silva
Opt out on moe, then part of mle
Opt out on Ingles, then cheap deal
Sign monk
Let chuma+fultz go
Harris and goga a 1+1

unleash Jett

Suggs, AB, Cole
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Houstan, Ingles
Paolo, Moe, da Silva
Wcj, JI, goga
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,026

Post#406 » by Skybox » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:32 pm

cedric76 wrote:
SOUL wrote:
meatwad4343 wrote:

Goal is have him fully ready to break out next season

I think that's reasonable...maybe more patient than actually warranted, but it does sound right. It could very well be mapped out vs Gary Harris' expiring contract. Weltman DOES seem like a guy that likes to map out his master plan and stick to it...no matter what.

It's also, IMO, why he doesn't get trades done or react to things promptly. He seems like a guy who will NOT be knocked off his charted course. I don't think it's ideal, but kind of admirable in it's certainty...if what I'm saying is true of him.

could certainly speculate that Fultz/Black is on a similar course, but injury and lack of other talent accelerated AB...he doesn't get many minutes when all are healthy.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,652

Post#407 » by eyriq » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:30 pm

meatwad4343 wrote:
fendilim wrote:

Read on Twitter

I actually think they just want him with the team for the jersey retirement. I would love to see him get some genuine rotation mins but I don't think Mosley does it.
meatwad4343
Bench Warmer
And1: 307

Post#408 » by meatwad4343 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:18 am

eyriq wrote:
meatwad4343 wrote:

I actually think they just want him with the team for the jersey retirement. I would love to see him get some genuine rotation mins but I don't think Mosley does it.

He can take all of Harris minutes as far as I'm concerned. I feel like it's better to have him in the g league actually playing vs sitting on the bench here though?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,623

Post#409 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:30 am

fendilim wrote:

Read on Twitter

Way too many players look good in the G-League unfortunately. Maybe it is because nobody plays defense in the G-League. Sometimes when I see Jett make good plays in the G-League it seems it is due to bad defense. Sometimes, it is open lanes to the hoop. I sure hope he leans how to play defense while there or we have someone concentrating on that. I sure hope he doesn't turn into another Andrew Nicholson!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
mattdelray1220
Sophomore
And1: 95

Post#410 » by mattdelray1220 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:15 pm

meatwad4343 wrote:
eyriq wrote:
meatwad4343 wrote:

He can take all of Harris minutes as far as I'm concerned. I feel like it's better to have him in the g league actually playing vs sitting on the bench here though?

It is crazy what has happened with Gary. He is the exact prototype of what we need and would have loved to trade for. Just off though. I think Jett replaces him next season. Or Caleb. Gary still gets after it on defense though. Scrappy and gets a lot swipes that turn into turnovers.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,666

Post#411 » by Skin » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:28 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
fendilim wrote:

Read on Twitter

Way too many players look good in the G-League unfortunately. Maybe it is because nobody plays defense in the G-League. Sometimes when I see Jett make good plays in the G-League it seems it is due to bad defense. Sometimes, it is open lanes to the hoop. I sure hope he leans how to play defense while there or we have someone concentrating on that. I sure hope he doesn't turn into another Andrew Nicholson!

NBA defense sucks too. Jett Howard gon prove ya'll wrong! :wink:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#412 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:33 pm

Skin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I hope so. Will have to see if that happens. Being Houstan averaged 20mpg in his rookie season and this season while Jett is not good enough to even get on the court is concerning. Too often fans just assume a player is going to be impactfull aka Bamba. I will hold reserve until next season. He sure must be doing something wrong for management to not trust him on this team.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
cedric76
RealGM

Post#413 » by cedric76 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:09 pm

mattdelray1220 wrote:
meatwad4343 wrote:
eyriq wrote:I actually think they just want him with the team for the jersey retirement. I would love to see him get some genuine rotation mins but I don't think Mosley does it.

It is crazy what has happened with Gary. He is the exact prototype of what we need and would have loved to trade for. Just off though. I think Jett replaces him next season. Or Caleb. Gary still gets after it on defense though. Scrappy and gets a lot swipes that turn into turnovers.

Yeah, on paper Gary is exactly what we need
Draft da Silva
Sign monk
Let chuma+fultz go
Harris and goga a 1+1

unleash Jett

Suggs, AB, Cole
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Houstan, Ingles
Paolo, Moe, da Silva
Wcj, JI, goga
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,026

Post#414 » by Skybox » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:21 pm

cedric76 wrote:
mattdelray1220 wrote:
meatwad4343 wrote:

On paper, TRoss was Michael Jordan. :banghead:

so frustrating
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,666

Post#415 » by Skin » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:28 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Skin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I hope so. Will have to see if that happens. Being Houstan averaged 20mpg in his rookie season and this season while Jett is not good enough to even get on the court is concerning. Too often fans just assume a player is going to be impactfull aka Bamba. I will hold reserve until next season. He sure must be doing something wrong for management to not trust him on this team.

Different situation from Houstan. If it was merely a need for development that Jett went to the G League, then Black would be there too. The issue is Jett is blocked. Futlz and Cole ain't blocking no one.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#416 » by cedric76 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:30 pm

Skybox wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
mattdelray1220 wrote:

On paper, TRoss was Michael Jordan. :banghead:

so frustrating

Lol, o wouldn't say that, but no worries, Jett will be what we need
Draft da Silva
Sign monk
Let chuma+fultz go
Harris and goga a 1+1

unleash Jett

Suggs, AB, Cole
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Houstan, Ingles
Paolo, Moe, da Silva
Wcj, JI, goga
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#417 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:41 am

Skin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Skin wrote:NBA defense sucks too. Jett Howard gon prove ya'll wrong! :wink:

Different situation from Houstan. If it was merely a need for development that Jett went to the G League, then Black would be there too. The issue is Jett is blocked. Futlz and Cole ain't blocking no one.

So, what you are saying is that Jett getting 20mpg in the G-League works better than 20mpg in the NBA that Houstan was able to achieve?

I am not sure if Jett can block NBA talent either. We will have to wait and see. I find it odd that Cason Williams is also 20yo and gets 20mpg on a top tier young team like the Magic, thus the notion is he is young and too raw to be off-setting. I would like to see him get 20 minutes in a few games so we can see what the coaches do then we may understand why he has not played much.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,652

Post#418 » by eyriq » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:00 pm

Don't forget about this guy. Next season will effectively be his rookie campaign.

Read on Twitter
?t=Acdb5s-QPhVgH9KyeMeMGA&s=19
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 712

Post#419 » by JoshuaPotter » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:09 pm

eyriq wrote:Don't forget about this guy. Next season will effectively be his rookie campaign.

Read on Twitter

I wonder sometimes if he has the dormant potential to be as good as his Dad was.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,086

Post#420 » by p0peye » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:39 pm

eyriq wrote:Don't forget about this guy. Next season will effectively be his rookie campaign.

Read on Twitter

Every season can be a rookie season.

Return to Orlando Magic