SOUL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 38,793

Re: The Vertical: Rob Hennigan Fired 

Post#461 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:19 am

fendilim wrote:
SOUL wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Cant handle a coach telling them to sit their sorry asses down when they're playing like crap.

The only guy that complained about that role was Vuc, the player you defend with 100% conviction.

I don't think it was only Vuc.

IIRC, there's another player who did sound pissed when he was asked about the benching.

Any player should be pissed about being benched. Oladipo was pissed, Payton was pissed, Gordon was interviewed last year and didn't sound happy about certain things.

I'm saying B&W rails on certain players a lot of the time and probably wouldn't admit that Vucevic did the exact same thing. If he does, then kudos.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,686

Post#462 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:20 am

SOUL wrote:
fendilim wrote:
SOUL wrote:
The only guy that complained about that role was Vuc, the player you defend with 100% conviction.

I don't think it was only Vuc.

IIRC, there's another player who did sound pissed when he was asked about the benching.

Any player should be pissed about being benched. Oladipo was pissed, Payton was pissed, Gordon was interviewed last year and didn't sound happy about certain things.

I'm saying B&W rails on certain players a lot of the time and probably wouldn't admit that Vucevic did the exact same thing. If he does, then kudos.

If you are bench player on bad team you won't be payed as much as starter i guess?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#463 » by Gomagic44 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:54 am

Bensational wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
magicfan4life88 wrote: definitely dont think his intention the whole time was so he could sign green, or even parsons, but to have cap room to entice someone to come over and unfortunateyl got stuck with what we got stuck with, remember hennigan never really let alot out so we dont even know how many free-agents turned us down, like barnes, batum, derozan, marvin williams(who would have been much better then JGreen) and Durant, guarentee they were all contacted and agents laughed at us

His inability to understand how a build a team started long time before any of that. When he tried to sign Millsap who plays same position as Gordon who he drafted that year with 4th overall pick .
That's why he should have been fired last year. He simply didn't understand or value his assets high enough, so he sold them for nothing.

Millsap would've been a good piece for this team if we'd landed him back when we did. I'd imagine Skiles would've had that team in the playoffs and we wouldn't have needed to make the Tobias trade as desperately as we did.

AG was young then and was always going to take some time to grow into his role after missing most of his first season. We could've afforded the extra depth whilst Millsap completed his contract.

The biggest lesson we should have learned early on was trying to find a PF to fit with Vuc. We've now tried a large variety and none seem to make a difference. Millsap would've expedited that revelation and he's a superior talent to Vuc so we would've realised if he couldn't work with him he wouldn't work with anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#464 » by Gomagic44 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:59 am

The problem is the core, not the signings or potential signings. Vuc is not a starting C. Payton may not be a starting pg. Gordon isn't a superstar pf
"""""yet"""""

Ross is a trade hangover. Fournier is a ball hog.

Can we start over?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Orlando Magic