ImageImageImageImage

Let's Talk About Mario

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SaberT
Junior
And1: 341

Re: Let's Talk About Mario 

Post#481 » by SaberT » Wed May 4, 2016 3:21 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
SaberT wrote:
drsd wrote:

Book perfect form!
A couple hundred thousands of shooting reps in the gym, and he will be a light's out 3ball shooter.

Something that Hezonja did not mention, but I've heard other European players mention (especially shooters) is that the ball is different in NBA than in Europe. It takes time to get used to it as it feels differently in the hands.

Don't they use the women's basketball in Europe? 8-)

I think the material is different. It's possible I am mistaken, I googled right now and it seems Spalding is the manufacturer for NBA and for Euroleague/ACB league. FIBA World, Italy, Greece, and others use Molten as the manufacturer.

How much of a difference I don't know. I only remember some players mentioned it. Mario didn't, possibly because ACB league (Spain) uses Spalding ball.
FREE HEZONJA

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,185

Post#482 » by SOUL » Wed May 4, 2016 9:47 pm

I remember when the NBA switched balls for like half a season and it threw everybody off.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,185

Post#483 » by SOUL » Thu May 5, 2016 8:37 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeanO_Lytics/status/727163263579000832[/tweet]
andog_22
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#484 » by andog_22 » Thu May 5, 2016 1:59 pm

Does this trade make any sense for Orlando?

Terrence Ross
9th Overall

For:

Ilyasova
Hezonja
11th Overall
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,779

Post#485 » by OrlandoNed » Thu May 5, 2016 2:05 pm

andog_22 wrote:Does this trade make any sense for Orlando?

Terrence Ross
9th Overall

For:

Ilyasova
Hezonja
11th Overall

Zero sense.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,459

Post#486 » by NavalAviator94 » Thu May 5, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm going to say that Hezonja is almost untouchable for the Magic right now. This kid has more upside than anyone on the magic. Aaron Gordon is number 2 in my view and that's only because he will never be able to shoot the ball or make free throws as well as Hezonja. I'm not trading either one quite frankly unless it's part of a super star trade package.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,124

Post#487 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 5, 2016 2:24 pm

Magic_Kingdom wrote:I didn't think he'd play like Durant or Kawhi, but I did think he'd make the All-Rookie Team, which is probably unlikely. I guess he might sneak on to the 2nd team.

Not every rookie lights the league on fire, but the ones who are going to be really good, you can see it in their rookie season. It's probably not a great sign that the Magic have had top 5 picks in the past 2 drafts, and neither (potentially) will make the All-Rookie Team.

Of the 15 players who made the All-NBA First, Second and Third Team last season, 14 made the All-Rookie Team, and 12 of those 14 were All-Rookie First Team.

S. Curry (1st Team All-Rookie)
L James (1st)
A. Davis (1st)
J. Harden (2nd)
M. Gasol (2nd)

R. Westbrook (1st)
C. Paul (1st)
L. Aldridge (1st)
P. Gasol (1st)
D. Cousins (1st)

K. Thompson (1st)
K. Irving (1st)
B. Griffin (1st)
T. Duncan (1st)
D. Jordan (--)

Durant was injured last year or he would have been on this list, and he was First Team All-Rookie. So was Kawhi.

It doesn't mean AG and Mario won't be good. It just means that the really good ones usually show it early.

I get the point.... but all of those players inherited starting roles from the beginning as well. Though i see the correlation... it would mean even more if they were if Gordon and Hezonja were handed the keys from the beginning and then crashed the car. :-/
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,616

Post#488 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 5, 2016 2:38 pm

Terrence Ross
9th Overall

For:

Ilyasova
Hezonja
11th Overall

No. Mario >>>> Ross.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#489 » by OrlDave » Thu May 5, 2016 3:11 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:I'm going to say that Hezonja is almost untouchable for the Magic right now. This kid has more upside than anyone on the magic. Aaron Gordon is number 2 in my view and that's only because he will never be able to shoot the ball or make free throws as well as Hezonja. I'm not trading either one quite frankly unless it's part of a super star trade package.

Nah. AG then Mario. I think both will be very good though. This fact still blows my mind, AG is half a year younger than Mario.
andog_22
Sophomore

Post#490 » by andog_22 » Thu May 5, 2016 4:33 pm

Out of the young core, who's most likely on the trade block?

Payton
Oladipo
Fournier
Gordon
Hezonja
andog_22
Sophomore

Post#491 » by andog_22 » Thu May 5, 2016 4:34 pm

OrlDave wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:I'm going to say that Hezonja is almost untouchable for the Magic right now. This kid has more upside than anyone on the magic. Aaron Gordon is number 2 in my view and that's only because he will never be able to shoot the ball or make free throws as well as Hezonja. I'm not trading either one quite frankly unless it's part of a super star trade package.

Nah. AG then Mario. I think both will be very good though. This fact still blows my mind, AG is half a year younger than Mario.

Payton
Oladipo
Fournier
Gordon
Hezonja
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,051

Post#492 » by fendilim » Thu May 5, 2016 4:46 pm

andog_22 wrote:
OrlDave wrote:

Payton
Oladipo
Fournier
Gordon
Hezonja
i'd say Fournier and Payton.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,189

Post#493 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu May 5, 2016 4:51 pm

You realize AG is younger than Hezonja and has shown much more at the NBA level right?
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#494 » by ezzzp » Thu May 5, 2016 5:10 pm

andog_22 wrote:
OrlDave wrote:

Payton
Oladipo
Fournier
Gordon
Hezonja

Fournier (60%)
Payton (35%)
Oladipo (10%)
Hezonja (.002%)
Gordon (.001%)
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,051

Post#495 » by fendilim » Thu May 5, 2016 5:11 pm

Zmill wrote:

You realize AG is younger than Hezonja and has shown much more at the NBA level right?
other than the allstar dunk contest and good defense?

Hezonja has done pretty well for himself during his limited playing time tbh. But its hard to compare those guys when they are totally different players.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,459

Post#496 » by NavalAviator94 » Thu May 5, 2016 5:13 pm

ezzzp wrote:
andog_22 wrote:
OrlDave wrote:

Payton
Oladipo
Fournier
Gordon
Hezonja

Fournier (60%)
Payton (35%)
Oladipo (10%)
Hezonja (.002%)
Gordon (.001%)

I'll take the .001/.002 :D
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#497 » by OrlDave » Thu May 5, 2016 5:49 pm

ezzzp wrote:
andog_22 wrote:
OrlDave wrote:

Payton
Oladipo
Fournier
Gordon
Hezonja

Fournier (60%)
Payton (35%)
Oladipo (10%)
Hezonja (.002%)
Gordon (.001%)

I'd say that's fairly accurate.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,159

Post#498 » by Def Swami » Thu May 5, 2016 5:52 pm

Terrence Ross
9th Overall

For:

Ilyasova
Hezonja
11th Overall

:noway:
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,189

Post#499 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu May 5, 2016 5:54 pm

fendilim wrote:
Zmill wrote:

other than the allstar dunk contest and good defense?

Hezonja has done pretty well for himself during his limited playing time tbh. But its hard to compare those guys when they are totally different players.

also the ability to be a great rebounder, get to the line, and finish at the rim.. AG is a net positive not just for his age but as a basketball player in general
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,666

Post#500 » by Skin » Thu May 5, 2016 7:33 pm

Terrence Ross
9th Overall

For:

Ilyasova
Hezonja
11th Overall

I'd do 11th overall for Kyle Lowry even though he's 30 years old. We have the cap space to absorb his contract. Thoughts?

Return to Orlando Magic