Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#481 » by craig01 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:12 pm

Did Gerhalt pick?

OT- Notre Dame should play UCF to determine who has the most disgusting offense in NCAA.

Both teams are inept beyond comprehension.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#482 » by BassMaster » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:04 pm

craig01 wrote:Did Gerhalt pick?

OT- Notre Dame should play UCF to determine who has the most disgusting offense in NCAA.

Both teams are inept beyond comprehension.

Ok Gerhalt started this thread and didn't do a pick this weekend :roll: :roll:
BTW I think even though they are over .500 Notre Dame is worse then UCF since I do believe that UCF can beat SU and we know that Notre Dame couldn't at home.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#483 » by craig01 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:21 pm

At this point, I don't think UCF is even capable of beating itself.

lol

BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#484 » by BassMaster » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:29 pm

craig01 wrote:At this point, I don't think UCF is even capable of beating itself.

lol

Yes I realize they were terrible yesterday, but even considering that I really do believe they are better then SU. People living in the Syracuse area can't help, but watch SU if they have cable because their games are jammed down their throats in so many repeats time after time. So I can't miss how bad they are and even worse finding out that Notre Dame has slipped into the gutter with their play.
So can UCF could and would beat SU. :roll:

BTW almost everyone in the Syracuse area either has cable or one of the dish networks, because without them your reception is terrible because of all the steep hills. I live in the valley and without cable get squat lol.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#485 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:25 pm

UCF wouldn't beat SU, sorry.

SU has been competitive in more than a few games this year.

It's a joke you think UCF would possibly win a majority of the time, they are a sorry sorry team. Not even trying to be a flamer with that view, but man they're terrible. What have they scored 6 points in all their games in the 2nd half combined?
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#486 » by craig01 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:33 pm

The last seven games UCF has scored a combined SEVEN second half points.

Wow.

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,525

Post#487 » by UCFJayBird » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:34 pm

N4U, i was going to agree until that last comment. I seem to remember UCF putting up 14 points on your USF Bulls in the last couple minutes of a game....Yea that's right...Pwned.

But yea UCF's offense was so terrible this year it was sickening. The good news is I think Brynn Harvey is going to be a good back for us. Over the last 3 games he racked up over 100 yards a game and 5 yard a carry. Not great, but for a true freshman he showed a lot of potential those last few games.

Back to non-UCF stuff. :D

I still think it's going to be Oklahoma vs Florida in the Nat'l Championship Game.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#488 » by BassMaster » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:47 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:UCF wouldn't beat SU, sorry.

SU has been competitive in more than a few games this year.

It's a joke you think UCF would possibly win a majority of the time, they are a sorry sorry team. Not even trying to be a flamer with that view, but man they're terrible. What have they scored 6 points in all their games in the 2nd half combined?

The only reason SU finally has sort of played is because players realized that their terrible play cost the coach his job. Though maybe some of them also realize that another coach may bench them and play whoever he brings to SU. Sometimes firing a coach can fire up the team.
Maybe that is what was needed for UCF lol, or not.

If the BCS rankings stand as they are now neither the Gators nor Sooners will be in the Championship game it will be Bama and Longhorns.
BTW did you know that the Big 12 pick who is highest in the BCS rankings as to who will play in their Championship and right now that is Texas which is fitting since Texas beat the Sooners during the regular season and are tied with them in the Southern Division.
I didn't think that Bama was all that good, but they creamed Auburn and beat Ode Miss something that the Gators couldn't do at home.
So I think that Bama will beat the Gators.
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#489 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:24 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:N4U, i was going to agree until that last comment. I seem to remember UCF putting up 14 points on your USF Bulls in the last couple minutes of a game....Yea that's right...Pwned.

But yea UCF's offense was so terrible this year it was sickening. The good news is I think Brynn Harvey is going to be a good back for us. Over the last 3 games he racked up over 100 yards a game and 5 yard a carry. Not great, but for a true freshman he showed a lot of potential those last few games.

Back to non-UCF stuff. :D

I still think it's going to be Oklahoma vs Florida in the Nat'l Championship Game.

I don't remember that far back into the season. USF actually won games at some point this season...thanks for the reminder.

I'll be happy with any combination of UF/Alabama vs Texas/Oklahoma in the national championship.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#490 » by craig01 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:31 pm

As an impartial observer, doesn't anyone else think that the Big 12 is SEVERELY lacking in quality defenses?

Last nights game of OK/Ok St showed that neither team had a clue about how to defend the spread.

Both teams stayed on their heels the entire game.

I think that USC and UF (possibly Alabama) are much more balanced as TEAMS, and that the Big 12 winner will show itself as an impostor in the BCS.

N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#491 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:32 pm

cougar13 wrote:The only reason SU finally has sort of played is because players realized that their terrible play cost the coach his job. Though maybe some of them also realize that another coach may bench them and play whoever he brings to SU. Sometimes firing a coach can fire up the team.
Maybe that is what was needed for UCF lol, or not.

I disagree. They were competitive in the beginning of conference as well. They were leading Pitt in the 4th qtr, and barely lost to WVU. They were barely losing to us at the half of our game and got more rush yards in the first half at that point in the season than we had allowed all year except the Pitt game (in fact, I don't know if any players have rushed more than 100 yards on the ground since SU; Donald Brown didn't even do it but Brinkley did in 30 minutes).

SU was terrible OOC but they've been competitive in their losses in-conference.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#492 » by craig01 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:40 pm

Oklahoma jumps Texas and will play in the big 12 title game next saturday.

Let the debate begin......

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,129

Post#493 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Longhorns are getting royally screwed, this is why I hate the BCS. Same record in everyone and Texas won the Oklahoma game yet Oklahoma is ahead of them, unbelievable.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,525

Post#494 » by UCFJayBird » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:07 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Longhorns are getting royally screwed, this is why I hate the BCS. Same record in everyone and Texas won the Oklahoma game yet Oklahoma is ahead of them, unbelievable.

yea but Texas Tech also has the same record and beat Texas, so why not send them? Oh right, they lost to Oklahoma. But Oklahoma lost to Texas.

I think Texas is probably getting screwed too, considering the only reason they're not going to the game is because they lost to Texas Tech in the last 5 seconds of a game, but still, I can see why OU is getting the nod and I think they're playing better right now.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#495 » by BassMaster » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:29 am

UCFJayBird wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:Longhorns are getting royally screwed, this is why I hate the BCS. Same record in everyone and Texas won the Oklahoma game yet Oklahoma is ahead of them, unbelievable.

yea but Texas Tech also has the same record and beat Texas, so why not send them? Oh right, they lost to Oklahoma. But Oklahoma lost to Texas.

I think Texas is probably getting screwed too, considering the only reason they're not going to the game is because they lost to Texas Tech in the last 5 seconds of a game, but still, I can see why OU is getting the nod and I think they're playing better right now.

BTW is the Big 12 the only conference that pulls this BS???
Actually the problem for Texas is that they finished playing before the Sooners did and so the idiots who were voting for this team or that didn't consider that Texas had finished their season and all they saw was what the Sooners did to the Cowboys.
Because of the way the Big 12 runs things it just makes the BCS more worthless then ever before.
Well this should prove interesting because the President-elect said that he would also deal with this BCS mess and with what is going on now the BCS just screwed it's self.
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#496 » by N4U|Redux » Mon Dec 1, 2008 3:07 pm

BCS Poll
1 Alabama (107) 12-0
2 Florida (4) 11-1
3 Texas (1) 11-1
4 Oklahoma 11-1
5 USC 10-1
6 Penn State 11-1
7 Utah (1) 12-0
8 Texas Tech 11-1
9 Boise State 12-0
10 Ohio State 10-2
11 Ball State 12-0
12 TCU 10-2
13 Cincinnati 10-2
14 Oklahoma State 9-3
15 Oregon 9-3
16 Georgia Tech 9-3
17 BYU 10-2
18 Missouri 9-3
19 Boston College 9-3
20 Georgia 9-3
21 Michigan State 9-3
22 Northwestern 9-3
23 Pittsburgh 8-3
24 Mississippi 8-4
25 Oregon State 8-4

Other teams receiving votes: Tulsa 87; Virginia Tech 71; Iowa 60; Florida State 30; Nebraska 20; California 18; Rice 12; North Carolina 9; West Virginia 9; Kansas 6; Connecticut 5; Western Michigan 4; LSU 3; Maryland 2.

Utah getting about as high as it will get this year.

TCU is way too high, put them a spot or two above BYU and that's it.

Way to go Cincinnati with a respectable ranking for the BEast.

GT with the big upset over UGA, who also plummeted after starting the season #1, I guess that schedule was hard afterall (among other factors).

Looks like Northwestern may finish the season ranked, go figure?

Mississippi quietly gets itself ranked.

Did not notice LSU fall out of the rankings last week. Seems weird to not see them ranked, it'd be like not seeing Ohio State ranked.

WTF is UConn ranked for? They lost to the lowly USF Bulls (LOL). I don't think anyone in the country saw that game or something because last week we had votes, this week we have none and UConn is still getting votes.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#497 » by BassMaster » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:16 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:BCS Poll
1 Alabama (107) 12-0
2 Florida (4) 11-1
3 Texas (1) 11-1
4 Oklahoma 11-1
5 USC 10-1
6 Penn State 11-1
7 Utah (1) 12-0
8 Texas Tech 11-1
9 Boise State 12-0
10 Ohio State 10-2
11 Ball State 12-0
12 TCU 10-2
13 Cincinnati 10-2
14 Oklahoma State 9-3
15 Oregon 9-3
16 Georgia Tech 9-3
17 BYU 10-2
18 Missouri 9-3
19 Boston College 9-3
20 Georgia 9-3
21 Michigan State 9-3
22 Northwestern 9-3
23 Pittsburgh 8-3
24 Mississippi 8-4
25 Oregon State 8-4

Other teams receiving votes: Tulsa 87; Virginia Tech 71; Iowa 60; Florida State 30; Nebraska 20; California 18; Rice 12; North Carolina 9; West Virginia 9; Kansas 6; Connecticut 5; Western Michigan 4; LSU 3; Maryland 2.

Utah getting about as high as it will get this year.

TCU is way too high, put them a spot or two above BYU and that's it.

Way to go Cincinnati with a respectable ranking for the BEast.

GT with the big upset over UGA, who also plummeted after starting the season #1, I guess that schedule was hard afterall (among other factors).

Looks like Northwestern may finish the season ranked, go figure?

Mississippi quietly gets itself ranked.

Did not notice LSU fall out of the rankings last week. Seems weird to not see them ranked, it'd be like not seeing Ohio State ranked.

WTF is UConn ranked for? They lost to the lowly USF Bulls (LOL). I don't think anyone in the country saw that game or something because last week we had votes, this week we have none and UConn is still getting votes.

Ok one problem N4U the poll you have listed as the BCS is in fact the AP Poll which is not used in the makeup of the BCS because the AP did not want to become involved in the mess that is called BCS. So here is the BCS that screws Texas. Texas finished it's season before the Sooners and are now being punished for that fact.

BCS Standings
1. Alabama 12-0
2. Oklahoma 11-1
3. Texas 11-1

4. Florida 11-1
5. USC 10-1
6. Utah 12-0
7. Texas Tech 11-1
8. Penn State 11-1
9. Boise State 12-0
10. Ohio State 10-2
11. TCU 10-2
12. Ball State 12-0
13. Cincinnati 10-2
14. Oklahoma State 9-3
15. Georgia Tech 9-3
16. Georgia 9-3
17. Boston College 9-3
18. BYU 10-2
19. Oregon 9-3
20. Missouri 9-3
21. Michigan State 9-3
22. Northwestern 9-3
23. Pitt 8-3
24. Florida State 8-4
25. Virginia Tech 8-4

I also noticed that you mentioned that Utah would not get any then 7th when in fact the BCS has them ranked 6th. Now if you throw that damn computer out of the mix then I think you have a fairer balance and Texas wouldn't get screwed. FSU is 24th and Va Tech 25th in the BCS while Miss is not in the BCS as well as Oregon State.
A large difference from the AP to the BCS.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#498 » by craig01 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 9:52 pm

The computer rankings are a joke.

Texas Tech is 4th, Utah 5th, Boise 7th....while Florida is 6th, and USC is 8th. Funny, the two best teams in the country are not ranked in the computer consensus top five.

Meanwhile, arguably a top 3 team won't get a look (Texas) because of flawed Big 12 schematics. Silly, UT loses on the last play of the game on the road top to TT, beats the probable BCS invite and the other division winner.

This is what's wrong with the BCS. They can use all the math that they want, but some of these individual computer polls border on complete stupidity.

I like what the BCS can do in creating a single match up, but geez, the computer rankings are mostly absurd every year. Why give them any weight at all when they are so erratic?

N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#499 » by N4U|Redux » Mon Dec 1, 2008 10:10 pm

Actually, cougar I didn't post the BCS or the AP poll.

I accidentally posted the HARRIS INTERACTIVE poll. I meant to put the BCS though.

And, enough with the "AP isn't factored in" I read it already, thanks.
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#500 » by N4U|Redux » Mon Dec 1, 2008 10:24 pm

Interesting blog from Brett McMurphy.

Here are the current active consecutive bowl appearance streaks, including this year’s expected bids.

27-Florida State
18-Florida
16-Virginia Tech
12-Georgia, Georgia Tech
11-Texas
10-Boston College, Oklahoma
9-LSU, Ohio State, Texas Tech
8-Southern Cal
7-Boise State, Southern Miss, West Virginia, Wisconsin
6 -Cal, Navy, Utah
5-Alabama, Arizona State (if ASU beats Arizona Saturday)
4-BYU, Clemson, Houston, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Penn State, Rutgers, USF, TCU, Tulsa

WOW @ FSU, a lot of fans have probably gone their entire lives watching them bowl.

Return to Orlando Magic