ImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Deadline Thread 2/19 3 PM EST

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Re: 

Post#61 » by tiderulz » Mon Feb 9, 2015 7:26 pm

cedric76 wrote:Maybe Harris +Ben+ pick for faried+ Wilson

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app

why? FAried is definitely not a rim protector either. He is a hustle and rebound player. and an undersized PF at that
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread 2/19 3 PM EST 

Post#62 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon Feb 9, 2015 8:03 pm

Big men are down across the league.
Howard
Steve Adams
Davis
Griffin

Wonder if we've gotten calls on KOQ or Dedmon.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,999

Post#63 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Feb 9, 2015 9:24 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but that Dedmon/KOQ duo last night (vs. Chi at home) was encouraging, defensively. Bash Bros.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,197

Post#64 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but that Dedmon/KOQ duo last night (vs. Chi at home) was encouraging, defensively. Bash Bros.

Good lineup to roll out with the 2nd unit. Put a scorer out there with them, someone who can shoot, and you might have something.

If you could get some minutes with:

A backup PG
Fournier
Harris
KOQ
Dedmon

you might have something. Issue is you can't put Harkless out there and you have to play Harris for offense. You need two people that can score. We need a SF from the bench that is good on offense or a scoring PG off the bench. Let's just say we had someone like Mo Williams off the bench with Fournier, Harkless, KOQ, and Dedmon, that'd be OK.
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#65 » by NBlue » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but that Dedmon/KOQ duo last night (vs. Chi at home) was encouraging, defensively. Bash Bros.

Despite shooting quite horrifically - I thought KOQ played really well against Chicago bringing energy and effort. However, he was back to his old self against the Wiz. He was lethargic, made dumb turnovers and was frequently outhustled and outplayed on both ends of the floor. I'd like to see him shipped out.
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#66 » by HoraceGrant » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Looks like Mo Williams is headed to Charlotte, solid deal for the Hornets with Walker sidelined.
Hotshot Hower
Veteran
And1: 98

Post#67 » by Hotshot Hower » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:56 am

I like the other deal Flip pulled off with the Hawks for Adreian Payne. A future first (top 14 protected).

Now, that's the kind of deal I want Henny searching for.

But yea, I wouldn't be upset if we were sellers when it came to Tobias, Frye, KOQ, and to a lesser extent, Harkless. I've literally racked my brain, trying so many combinations on the trade machine where we actually get a decent haul for some of our talent in terms of assets. I fully believe AG and Marble can step into Tobias' role and then some. Also, Dedmon's developmental trajectory has the potential to boom if given the mins/role where it kind of makes KOQ expendable regardless of some of the things he does good on offense; Top of the key passing, spacing.

I would love a Frye/Lee swap. Frye's deal is a bit front loaded, so I could see GSW's rationale. Even though we're only halfway through Frye's 1st season, he's obviously the biggest blemish during Henny's tenure. Maybe a dealing centered around Frye and (KOQ or Harkless) would suffice for Lee/future 2nd.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,636

Post#68 » by eyriq » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:40 am

Hotshot Hower wrote:I like the other deal Flip pulled off with the Hawks for Adreian Payne. A future first (top 14 protected).

Now, that's the kind of deal I want Henny searching for.

But yea, I wouldn't be upset if we were sellers when it came to Tobias, Frye, KOQ, and to a lesser extent, Harkless. I've literally racked my brain, trying so many combinations on the trade machine where we actually get a decent haul for some of our talent in terms of assets. I fully believe AG and Marble can step into Tobias' role and then some. Also, Dedmon's developmental trajectory has the potential to boom if given the mins/role where it kind of makes KOQ expendable regardless of some of the things he does good on offense; Top of the key passing, spacing.

I would love a Frye/Lee swap. Frye's deal is a bit front loaded, so I could see GSW's rationale. Even though we're only halfway through Frye's 1st season, he's obviously the biggest blemish during Henny's tenure. Maybe a dealing centered around Frye and (KOQ or Harkless) would suffice for Lee/future 2nd.

Hmm, yeah I like the idea of a Frye for Lee swap. I wonder if Frye has completely tanked his value or if he is still an asset? If he's tanked his value we'd probably have to go the O'Quinn route but I don't really think that is a good deal for Orlando (I like O'Quinn). I'd do Frye and Harkless or Nicholson in a heartbeat though.
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#69 » by Baka_La Flame » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:42 am

Frye for Lee works but i would prefer to wait for the off season. Lee could ell is win some games this year and that's a no no.
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#70 » by ralphie9898 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:05 am

Orlandipo wrote:Frye for Lee works but i would prefer to wait for the off season. Lee could ell is win some games this year and that's a no no.

Yeah but part of the appeal for the Warriors is that they would save some money this year as Lee is getting paid 7 mill more than Frye. They would also get that next year as well so that in the end they would pay each about the same amount of money. Plus I don't think Lee is that good to where he is going to help us win that many more games. I don't think he is that good of a fit next to Vuc and we still have the same issues we would have before the trade. But what this deal does for us is it allows us for more future cap space as we wouldn't have to pay Lee pat the 2015-16 season at all as we would have to with Frye. So for the summer of 2016 we have about 8 mill more to send either resigning our own guys or for going after free agents which is looking like it may be a better time for us should we decide to go the free agent route.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,263

Re: Re: 

Post#71 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 pm

tiderulz wrote:

why? FAried is definitely not a rim protector either. He is a hustle and rebound player. and an undersized PF at that
I don't understand why we would want Faried either. He's exactly how you described him. An undersized hustle player who doesn't block a lot of shots. Dedmon fills a need more than Faried does. Matter of fact IMO Dedmon makes O'Quinn expendable tbh.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#72 » by jgosche » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Why wouldn't you guys do Elfrid for Lawson? I love Elf but I'm not sure he'll ever be as good as Lawson. Seems like it would be a good deal for the Magic.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,262

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#73 » by cedric76 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:00 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

I don't understand why we would want Faried either. He's exactly how you described him. An undersized hustle player who doesn't block a lot of shots. Dedmon fills a need more than Faried does. Matter of fact IMO Dedmon makes O'Quinn expendable tbh.

Faried is a locked asset

I m not a big fan of him but he is a better PF than Harris

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,263

Post#74 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:26 pm

jgosche wrote:Why wouldn't you guys do Elfrid for Lawson? I love Elf but I'm not sure he'll ever be as good as Lawson. Seems like it would be a good deal for the Magic.

Never. I'm not ever a fan of trading rookies, especially ones that have shown the potential Elf has. I don't think you can find many players with the skill set he's showing RIGHT NOW let alone down the line. Unless it gets us an elite player I am not a fan of trading Elf. We need to give it some time.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#75 » by tiderulz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:16 pm

jgosche wrote:Why wouldn't you guys do Elfrid for Lawson? I love Elf but I'm not sure he'll ever be as good as Lawson. Seems like it would be a good deal for the Magic.

Lawson put up 8/3 his rookie year, 12/5 his sophomore year.
Payton is putting up 8/6 his rookie year, 10/7 in Feb when he was starting more.

He is also 6'4 with 6'8 wingspan vs Lawson who is 6' with a 6'1 wingspan. You cant coach or teach height. No reason to trade for 27 yr old Lawson already being paid big money.

Look at the best PG out there, Chris Paul. What has he won yet? so PG isnt our most pressing need right now.
tiderulz
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#76 » by tiderulz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:17 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Faried is a locked asset

so why lock money into a player you arent a big fan of?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,262

Re: Re: Re: Re: 

Post#77 » by cedric76 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:01 pm

tiderulz wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I don't understand why we would want Faried either. He's exactly how you described him. An undersized hustle player who doesn't block a lot of shots. Dedmon fills a need more than Faried does. Matter of fact IMO Dedmon makes O'Quinn expendable tbh.

Faried is a locked asset

He is tradable and could be the pf we need

OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,779

Re: Re: Re: Re: 

Post#78 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:49 pm

cedric76 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Faried is a locked asset

He is tradable and could be the pf we need

He's not. We don't need a runt PF with bad defense, crappy shot blocking and zero jumpshot for 12 million a year until 2019. We can get a better PF in the draft on a rookie deal.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#79 » by EasternMagic » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:05 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Payton is putting up 8/6 his rookie year, 10/7 in Feb when he was starting more.

He is also 6'4 with 6'8 wingspan vs Lawson who is 6' with a 6'1 wingspan. You cant coach or teach height. No reason to trade for 27 yr old Lawson already being paid big money.

Look at the best PG out there, Chris Paul. What has he won yet? so PG isnt our most pressing need right now.

nuff said
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#80 » by jgosche » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 pm

tiderulz wrote:

I mean, Lawson had a better rookie year than Payton is having. He had a TS% of 60%, which is ridiculous for a rookie. He was also getting less minutes than Elfrid is now.

As far as wingspan goes, they each have positive traits. Elf is and always will be physically better, but Lawson is and always will be a better shooter.

The more I think about it, the more I think that I would be too upset if we traded Elfrid. But if it weren't for differences in contracts I'm not sure it isn't a smart deal. Rookies will get better but there's no guarantee they will keep improving to the point that Lawson has.

Return to Orlando Magic