I do not know
23%

Total votes: 84

I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 858

Re: Is Jalen Suggs our 3rd best player? 

Post#61 » by I Rasharted » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:38 am

If Suggs is our third best player, we are in deep doo-doo.
basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,297

Post#62 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:33 pm

I Rasharted wrote:Image

If Suggs is our third best player, we are in deep doo-doo.

Well, if we get the guy who showed up for the MIL and ATL games he could be.
But if it's more like the guy who's been here for the others, nope.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,300

Post#63 » by magik9113 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:14 pm

Yea if he could tidy up the offense on a consistent basis it'd be an easy "yes" to this question.

If you change the question to ask if he's our 3rd most impactful player, then it'd be extremely difficult to argue based on his defense and hustle alone.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 12,013

Post#64 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:33 pm

It might be Isaac or Ingles.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,315

Post#65 » by Skybox » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:39 pm

When healthy….Isaac by a considerable amount
T-Cat
Starter
And1: 456

Post#66 » by T-Cat » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:17 pm

Skybox wrote:When healthy….Isaac by a considerable amount

If JI had an offensive game he'd be our best player! Without it, he's our 2nd best player right now IMO!

Fran has the offensive package and amazing to watch when he's attacking the rim, even without the elite defense!

Paolo can't finish around the basket and is turnover prone at the moment, which makes him #3!
Skybox
RealGM

Post#67 » by Skybox » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:30 pm

T-Cat wrote:
Skybox wrote:When healthy….Isaac by a considerable amount

If JI had an offensive game he'd be our best player! Without it, he's our 2nd best player right now IMO!

Fran has the offensive package and amazing to watch when he's attacking the rim, even without the elite defense!

Paolo can't finish around the basket and is turnover prone at the moment, which makes him #3!

After last night's play by Isaac, I am really excited about our frontcourt...we haven't even seen the chemistry develop yet. They've all done well, just not at the same time.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,225

Post#68 » by Max Power » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:52 pm

If he can stay healthy and get his offensive game back, Issac probably is the third best player on this team right now. Our guards are just way too flawed. The answer still could be Cole.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
T-Cat
Starter
And1: 456

Post#69 » by T-Cat » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:57 pm

Max Power wrote:If he can stay healthy and get his offensive game back, Issac probably is the third best player on this team right now. Our guards are just way too flawed. The answer still could be Cole.

Suggs is decent and AB is just a rookie, he'll improve next the summer!

I guess this team was really banking on Markelle Fultz to lead this team to the mountain top! :banghead:

Hopefully we can trade for CP3 to help mentor this turnover prone group and better yet he could help out Anthony Black because the kid is a sponge! :D
Skybox
RealGM

Post#70 » by Skybox » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:09 pm

T-Cat wrote:
Max Power wrote:If he can stay healthy and get his offensive game back, Issac probably is the third best player on this team right now. Our guards are just way too flawed. The answer still could be Cole.

I guess this team was really banking on Markelle Fultz to lead this team to the mountain top! :banghead:

Hopefully we can trade for CP3 to help mentor this turnover prone group and better yet he could help out Anthony Black because the kid is a sponge! :D

there are a lot worse moves we could make (or not make) than borrowing CP3 for a short stint. I'd rather get Quickley or Ivey, but Paul's still playing insanely efficient, no mistake hoops. He's simply a better player right now, but not a long term bet. Kind of like Ingles but at more of a position of need. He expires after next season. Maybe if GSW has a big drop-off, likely via Curry injury(?) where their contention is over, there might be financial concessions made and trading for expirings a year earlier could make sense. That's a big contract, so I'd want a young guy (or two back). They're headed into deep financial water with Klay up for a new deal...and Klay runs the Bay - they can't dump him. He's still really good, btw. How about:

GSW sends Chris Paul, Moses Moody, Brandon Podziemski (I don't think they move him, but...that'd be a priority)
ORL sends Cole Anthony, Fultz & Harris (expirings), 2 srps or DEN 25 frp (or a frp, or nothing, not sure about pick equity needed)

CP3, Black, Podz
Suggs, Moody/Jett
Franz, Ingles
Paolo, M. Wagner
Isaac, WCJ, Goga

...basically signals more development but we'd simply be better and play "the right way". Podz could be a steal. I agree that AB really seems like a humble killer that would pick up on CP's tough love and be better for it.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 608

Post#71 » by MasterGMer » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:07 am

Skybox wrote:
T-Cat wrote:

there are a lot worse moves we could make (or not make) than borrowing CP3 for a short stint. I'd rather get Quickley or Ivey, but Paul's still playing insanely efficient, no mistake hoops. He's simply a better player right now, but not a long term bet. Kind of like Ingles but at more of a position of need. He expires after next season. Maybe if GSW has a big drop-off, likely via Curry injury(?) where their contention is over, there might be financial concessions made and trading for expirings a year earlier could make sense. That's a big contract, so I'd want a young guy (or two back). They're headed into deep financial water with Klay up for a new deal...and Klay runs the Bay - they can't dump him. He's still really good, btw. How about:

GSW sends Chris Paul, Moses Moody, Brandon Podziemski (I don't think they move him, but...that'd be a priority)
ORL sends Cole Anthony, Fultz & Harris (expirings), 2 srps or DEN 25 frp (or a frp, or nothing, not sure about pick equity needed)

CP3, Black, Podz
Suggs, Moody/Jett
Franz, Ingles
Paolo, M. Wagner
Isaac, WCJ, Goga

...basically signals more development but we'd simply be better and play "the right way". Podz could be a steal. I agree that AB really seems like a humble killer that would pick up on CP's tough love and be better for it.

You just bail out a Championship Window Closing GSW by giving them the 3pt shooting plus depth in Cole and Harris. No way I'd do this trade. GSW would love this trade, but this is not going to happen
Skybox
RealGM

Post#72 » by Skybox » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:22 am

MasterGMer wrote:
Skybox wrote:
T-Cat wrote:

CP3, Black, Podz
Suggs, Moody/Jett
Franz, Ingles
Paolo, M. Wagner
Isaac, WCJ, Goga

You just bail out a Championship Window Closing GSW by giving them the 3pt shooting plus depth in Cole and Harris. No way I'd do this trade. GSW would love this trade, but this is not going to happen

The only way they move CP3 for this mix is if they tap out...look at what he's doing for them. I like Cole and I like Harris more than most, but, for the time being at least, CP3 is better than both by quite a bit and the other two aren't far off. It's a bad short-term basketball trade for GSW - it's strictly financial. The on-court value isn't close...I'd love to keep Harris, but we need the expiring salary to match (I prefer to keep Isaac) and even the younger guys coming in replace them quickly and for longer term. IF you think CP3 is a carcass, you're not paying attention...he's still running up insane assist/turnover numbers with a second unit. In terms of on-court effect, this is straight theft. Ideally, CP3 plays fewer minutes as Black and Podz grow into the role. This is all about the punitive financial regulations that GSW has to consider ONLY if they fall out of contention...this doesn't make them better.
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#73 » by MasterGMer » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:34 am

Skybox wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:
Skybox wrote:

CP3, Black, Podz
Suggs, Moody/Jett
Franz, Ingles
Paolo, M. Wagner
Isaac, WCJ, Goga

The only way they move CP3 for this mix is if they tap out...look at what he's doing for them. I like Cole and I like Harris more than most, but, for the time being at least, CP3 is better than both by quite a bit and the other two aren't far off. It's a bad short-term basketball trade for GSW - it's strictly financial. The on-court value isn't close...I'd love to keep Harris, but we need the expiring salary to match (I prefer to keep Isaac) and even the younger guys coming in replace them quickly and for longer term. IF you think CP3 is a carcass, you're not paying attention...he's still running up insane assist/turnover numbers with a second unit. In terms of on-court effect, this is straight theft. Ideally, CP3 plays fewer minutes as Black and Podz grow into the role. This is all about the punitive financial regulations that GSW has to consider ONLY if they fall out of contention...this doesn't make them better.

No no no. CP3 trade for us is a short sighted move. How old is CP3? How old is our young core? Franz is 22 and Paolo is 21. CP3 has maybe 2 or 3 years left in his career. How is it beneficial to us to be a contender one day with our young roster?
Skybox
RealGM

Post#74 » by Skybox » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:49 am

MasterGMer wrote:
Skybox wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:

No no no. CP3 trade for us is a short sighted move. How old is CP3? How old is our young core? Franz is 22 and Paolo is 21. CP3 has maybe 2 or 3 years left in his career. How is it beneficial to us to be a contender one day with our young roster?

Did you even read it? You want Black to get better watching Fultz? It's short-term move for long-term benefits.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,220

Post#75 » by eyriq » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:49 am

I like the idea of CP3 mentoring Black.
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#76 » by MasterGMer » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:59 am

Skybox wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Did you even read it? You want Black to get better watching Fultz? It's short-term move for long-term benefits.

I see. That could benefit us in the short term. But I still won't give up that much for a 38 year old CP3, even he could be a mentor to AB and maybe Podz as they grow into their role.

btw GSW is in OT with Thunders right now. Maybe this game could decide their destiny. :)
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#77 » by MasterGMer » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:02 am

eyriq wrote:I like the idea of CP3 mentoring Black.

Maybe a trade package for CP3 and Klay?

One the side of GSW, they could be bailed out this season with quality depth plus young guns.

For the Magic, we could be real competitive with two Future Hall of Famers. One, CP3 can come in to take over the PG duty plus mentoring AB. Two, Klay is a perfect spacer for Franz and Paolo.

Plus they all have experience and leadership. Plus Klay has Championship pedigree which could help us to make the Playoff plus making a run at it.

Who is with me?

But trading who to get that done is a real problem 8-)
SKYN
RealGM
And1: 8,759

Post#78 » by SKYN » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:42 am

MasterGMer wrote:
eyriq wrote:I like the idea of CP3 mentoring Black.

Maybe a trade package for CP3 and Klay?

One the side of GSW, they could be bailed out this season with quality depth plus young guns.

For the Magic, we could be real competitive with two Future Hall of Famers. One, CP3 can come in to take over the PG duty plus mentoring AB. Two, Klay is a perfect spacer for Franz and Paolo.

Plus they all have experience and leadership. Plus Klay has Championship pedigree which could help us to make the Playoff plus making a run at it.

Who is with me?

But trading who to get that done is a real problem 8-)

I want Chris Paul pretty badly. Give em Suggs, Harris, Ingles. Salary matched.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,242

Post#79 » by zaymon » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:22 am

basketballRob wrote:It might be Isaac or Ingles.

If we are talking about "best players", not "players with most potential" Ingles and Harris must be in any decent top 5.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 12,013

Post#80 » by basketballRob » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:16 pm

CP3 looks like toast this year.

Return to Orlando Magic