ImageImageImageImage

Magic (10-16) @ Raptors (18-6)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Re: Magic (10-16) @ Raptors (18-6) 

Post#741 » by Hilltop » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:35 am

I don't see the big problem with the And1's to be honest. As someone who has posted on these boards for over a decade without this feature, I've never read too much into them or worried about who was putting them on my posts. They're fairly easy to ignore either way.

That being said, if that many of you are bothered by it or if the other moderators think it is an issue that needs to be addressed then we will do something about it.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,298

Post#742 » by Jiwol » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:36 am

Man, I hated watching Frye struggles in the same game Patrick Patterson did his job tremendously... Just don't blame this one on the coach. It was the players who lost this game. That second half was pathetic to the fullest.
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#743 » by Orium » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:39 am

Hilltop wrote:I don't see the big problem with the And1's to be honest. As someone who has posted on these boards for over a decade without this feature, I've never read too much into them or worried about who was putting them on my posts. They're fairly easy to ignore either way.

That being said, if that many of you are bothered by it or if the other moderators think it is an issue that needs to be addressed then we will so something about it.

It's essentially mass trolling with plausible deniability. They didn't actually say anything to troll, and the and1s are open to interpretation, but it's actually a way for them to taunt other boards. I'm surprised it's been overlooked for so long.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
primecougar
Starter
And1: 928

Post#744 » by primecougar » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 am

wow, so salty over a regular season game. you guys are bringing in religon, a 2009 nba playoff series win, hoping your players injure lowry or val, making fun of toronto and etc.

there is so much ignorance. "batty boi" is a Jamaican term and toronto is a multi cultural city so it caught on. no one cares that you guys beat us in 2009, the past is the past. whining about fournier getting elbowed then asking for lowry or val to get hit is hypocritical. Toronto is a world class city, whats with the hate.

you guys had dwight howard. you know how many elbows he threw?
#1 pick wrote:MJ wasn't more skilled than Lebron. Quite the opposite to be honest.
mumoy
Junior
And1: 199

Post#745 » by mumoy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:18 am

omfg these fking and1 comments have to stop
raps fans have their reasons for clicking it...it's a reason to them and it takes a fraction of a millisecond to do it
magic fans omfg what is there to complain about?!? the notifications clearly distinguish between and1s and quotes or w/e how fking hard is it to just ignore the and1's ? oh no you have to scroll down a few inches oh fking no pls cry me a river fking children
can we get back to basketball already?
thizznation wrote:KG blowing dudes isn't really news
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#746 » by 407Junkie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:47 am

Elfrid Payton only 14 minutes? How'd we do in the 2nd half again?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,059

Post#747 » by drsd » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:17 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:Are shot charts still on nba.com? Can't find them.

Here is the game flow:
http://www.popcornmachine.net/gf?date=2 ... ame=ORLTOR

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,589

Post#748 » by Bensational » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:58 am

Hilltop wrote:I don't see the big problem with the And1's to be honest. As someone who has posted on these boards for over a decade without this feature, I've never read too much into them or worried about who was putting them on my posts. They're fairly easy to ignore either way.

That being said, if that many of you are bothered by it or if the other moderators think it is an issue that needs to be addressed then we will so something about it.

it's annoying. and in a game thread in particular because the conversation is so quick that if you're trying to carry on a conversation you've gotta sift through several notifications about And1's. if there were an ignore function, it wouldn't be a problem. if you were posting during the game, once or twice every page like most people, suddenly your notifcations are flooded with your And1's for each individual post. as a once off, it'd be fine since they're all grouped together.

then you go read the Raps GT and apart from a couple of people who And1 every post every few pages, most of them use it normally - the way it's intended. the guys And1'ing all our pages aren't doing it on their own. what's the reason for that? they're not participating in the conversation, yet they feel compelled to And1 everything?

it's just a nuisance. and they know they're being a nuisance. their mod's response was to just let it go and they'll move on to the next team's page. or... how about they just stop it? if you want to make a show of being a good sport, then do it in a fashion that resembles being a good sport - and when people tell you to stop doing it, and you continue, then you're blatantly not trying to be a good sport.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#749 » by CourtsideTV » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:11 am

who cares about this loss. you guys getting fed up over nothing. magic and raptors are both not going anywhere this year. raps just started off hot. come playoff time they will get owned again. no interior defense and not enough fire power to take on teams like warriors, bulls, thunders, spurs, cavs, etc.
Work Hard
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#750 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:35 pm

hound101 wrote:
tooler wrote:
hound101 wrote:you guys would love him too if he was yours.

Nope.

I guarantee it. I don't watch basketball for what he brings to a team. I find it to be embarrassing. I'd go watch something else instead.

Count me out.

this is exactly how our whole fan base felt before he joined us. i'm not exaggerating. if he was on your team, you'd be stroking yourself every time he took to the court.

Rob Hennigan don't play that. I don't mind an enforcer but not someone who play that way.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#751 » by tiderulz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:35 pm

primecougar wrote: whining about fournier getting elbowed then asking for lowry or val to get hit is hypocritical.

not sure its hypocritical. It would be if our guy did it and then didnt get called either. But Hansborough is a goon, and to stop his tactics, his teammates need to be hit hard now. Like its done in baseball, you hit my batter, next time up, im hitting your batters. If Lowry or Derozan or Ross take the hard hits that Tyler dishes out, i bet they or the coaches pull him aside and get him to stop that #$#%
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#752 » by tiderulz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Beast_Reality wrote:I don't think what Psyco T did was intentional, neither was what O'quinn did to Blake Griffen albeit Fournier got legitimately injured. I bet the Clips fans feel the same way about O'Q as we do about Psyco T. I love having O'Q on our team, and I can see how Raps fans like having Hansborough (sp?) He would fit right in the late 80s early 90s except of all the enforcer/goon types in the NBA he is the least skilled at basketball, all im saying is , they have their place

except Hansborough has been playing that goon cr%p for years now. O'Quinn had a hard foul to Blake, but he doesnt have a rep around the league for doing constant cheap shots like TH does. And in the 80's and 90's, Orlando would have sent someone out to do the same to one of Toronto's players.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,401

Post#753 » by tooler » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Dammit, power outage last night killed my recording of the FSFL replay. It also screwed up my thermostat so I woke up freezing at 68 degrees in this house. :)

I'll look for a BT tonight to see if I can prove what I remember seeing about why I think the hit was intentional.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,847

Post#754 » by Audi » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Raps fans feel free to +1 this post in lieu of others.

Also looking forward to that replay of the 'bow.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#755 » by majortom71 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:16 pm

407Junkie wrote:Elfrid Payton only 14 minutes? How'd we do in the 2nd half again?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have a good start and than he got benched for a long time before coming back in the 4th? Way to take away his momentum...
primecougar
Starter
And1: 928

Post#756 » by primecougar » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:18 pm

tiderulz wrote:
primecougar wrote: whining about fournier getting elbowed then asking for lowry or val to get hit is hypocritical.

not sure its hypocritical. It would be if our guy did it and then didnt get called either. But Hansborough is a goon, and to stop his tactics, his teammates need to be hit hard now. Like its done in baseball, you hit my batter, next time up, im hitting your batters. If Lowry or Derozan or Ross take the hard hits that Tyler dishes out, i bet they or the coaches pull him aside and get him to stop that #$#%

That cause in baseball the batter doesn't bat. In the National league they usually go after the batter.
It wasn't even intentional. Were you guys saying the same thing when Dwight was elbowing everyone as well.
#1 pick wrote:MJ wasn't more skilled than Lebron. Quite the opposite to be honest.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#757 » by tiderulz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:20 pm

primecougar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

That cause in baseball the batter doesn't bat. In the National league they usually go after the batter.
It wasn't even intentional. Were you guys saying the same thing when Dwight was elbowing everyone as well.

In baseball, the batter doesnt bat???? i know its an American sport, but not sure you are saying what you mean to say. And Dwight did throw some elbows around, but people are lucky, because when he was under the basket, opposing teams used to beat the sh$t out of him across his head and shoulders and make him shoot FT's. But he played within the game, while he was physical and rough, he didnt and doesnt have TH's reputation as a goon and a dirty player.
strudel forever
Senior
And1: 294

Post#758 » by strudel forever » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
hound101 wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:
Hey man, I didn't want to offend you, I really wasn't trolling you guys, just been watching the game and spending time on your board reading the GT because I enjoyed it the last time our teams met. But I understand this irritated you so I will go back to the Raptors board and try to refrain from visiting this board again.

Good luck to your team this year, you have an excellent core!

Good bye.

lol, way to suck up to them my man.

STFU. Don't speak to me.

Someone's a little drama queen
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#759 » by j-ragg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:00 pm

lol gotta love Raps fans. So annoying but in a funny way.

I still maintain that they take (even though they make) way too many jumpers to be a championship contender this year. But who knows, with the right matchup anything can happen.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#760 » by OrlDave » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:02 pm

primecougar wrote:wow, so salty over a regular season game. you guys are bringing in religon, a 2009 nba playoff series win, hoping your players injure lowry or val, making fun of toronto and etc.

there is so much ignorance. "batty boi" is a Jamaican term and toronto is a multi cultural city so it caught on. no one cares that you guys beat us in 2009, the past is the past. whining about fournier getting elbowed then asking for lowry or val to get hit is hypocritical. Toronto is a world class city, whats with the hate.

you guys had dwight howard. you know how many elbows he threw?

Stop saying "you guys". One guy. Singular.

Return to Orlando Magic