ImageImageImageImage

Magic (10-16) @ Raptors (18-6)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,188

Re: Magic (10-16) @ Raptors (18-6) 

Post#761 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Not sure why Canadia has this massive chip on their shoulder. It must be because of the whooping we gave them in 09. Im glad Canadia has returned to relevancy. I feel kind of like a proud dad watching his only son. I dont have any hate for yall I consider you guys the 51st state anyways.
mumoy
Junior
And1: 199

Post#762 » by mumoy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:33 pm

j-ragg wrote:lol gotta love Raps fans. So annoying but in a funny way.

I still maintain that they take (even though they make) way too many jumpers to be a championship contender this year. But who knows, with the right matchup anything can happen.

Raptors fans themselves don't think they are contenders. And to be fair they led the league in points in the paint before Demar went down. But I agree, anything can happen so who knows. Magic can take the 8th seed and go on to the ECF
thizznation wrote:KG blowing dudes isn't really news
vagnermagic
Senior
And1: 108

Post#763 » by vagnermagic » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:34 pm

The best way to stop the and-1 thing is to ignore it. As long as it bothers someone, they'll just keep doing it.

I don't mind it anyway. Don't know if they are trying to be "classy" or not, but if that's what they do, so be it.

What really bothered me is how the Magic threw the game away. I mean, it took them almost the whole second quarter to take the lead and have an 8 point difference. During this period, the Raptors went scoreless for almost 6 minutes. After that, the Raptors outscored the Magic 7-0 and erased the difference in just 1:30. Come on, you just can't have this kind of blackouts.

At least it was another game with no Willie Green sighting and that is huge. Let's see how they do in the home games now.
Vamo, Magic!
Brazilian Magic fan
mumoy
Junior
And1: 199

Post#764 » by mumoy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Zmill wrote:Not sure why Canadia has this massive chip on their shoulder. It must be because of the whooping we gave them in 09. Im glad Canadia has returned to relevancy. I feel kind of like a proud dad watching his only son. I dont have any hate for yall I consider you guys the 51st state anyways.

Not sure why Americans think Toronto is Canada. I dont have any hate for yall I consider you guys the 11th province.
thizznation wrote:KG blowing dudes isn't really news
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,401

Post#765 » by tooler » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Holy cow, Canada has 10 provinces? I learned something from this stupid thread (that I made).
Neato
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 6,080

Post#766 » by Neato » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:00 pm

I do enjoy poutine
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,579

Post#767 » by ivDT » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Neato wrote:I do enjoy poutine

meh. i'll only eat it if she's showered first.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#768 » by Hilltop » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Bensational wrote:
Hilltop wrote:I don't see the big problem with the And1's to be honest. As someone who has posted on these boards for over a decade without this feature, I've never read too much into them or worried about who was putting them on my posts. They're fairly easy to ignore either way.

That being said, if that many of you are bothered by it or if the other moderators think it is an issue that needs to be addressed then we will so something about it.

it's annoying. and in a game thread in particular because the conversation is so quick that if you're trying to carry on a conversation you've gotta sift through several notifications about And1's. if there were an ignore function, it wouldn't be a problem. if you were posting during the game, once or twice every page like most people, suddenly your notifcations are flooded with your And1's for each individual post. as a once off, it'd be fine since they're all grouped together.

then you go read the Raps GT and apart from a couple of people who And1 every post every few pages, most of them use it normally - the way it's intended. the guys And1'ing all our pages aren't doing it on their own. what's the reason for that? they're not participating in the conversation, yet they feel compelled to And1 everything?

it's just a nuisance. and they know they're being a nuisance. their mod's response was to just let it go and they'll move on to the next team's page. or... how about they just stop it? if you want to make a show of being a good sport, then do it in a fashion that resembles being a good sport - and when people tell you to stop doing it, and you continue, then you're blatantly not trying to be a good sport.

Noted
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,263

Post#769 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:11 pm

tiderulz wrote:
primecougar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
not sure its hypocritical. It would be if our guy did it and then didnt get called either. But Hansborough is a goon, and to stop his tactics, his teammates need to be hit hard now. Like its done in baseball, you hit my batter, next time up, im hitting your batters. If Lowry or Derozan or Ross take the hard hits that Tyler dishes out, i bet they or the coaches pull him aside and get him to stop that #$#%

That cause in baseball the batter doesn't bat. In the National league they usually go after the batter.
It wasn't even intentional. Were you guys saying the same thing when Dwight was elbowing everyone as well.

In baseball, the batter doesnt bat???? i know its an American sport, but not sure you are saying what you mean to say. And Dwight did throw some elbows around, but people are lucky, because when he was under the basket, opposing teams used to beat the sh$t out of him across his head and shoulders and make him shoot FT's. But he played within the game, while he was physical and rough, he didnt and doesnt have TH's reputation as a goon and a dirty player.
Dwight wasn't a dirty scrub though. Hansbrough can't actually play so he resorts to cheap tactics hidden behind the guise of "toughness" because Toronto's a "good defefensive team" so his goon tactics are overlooked, same thing happened when he was in Indiana. On any other team he'd foul out within 2 minutes of every game and constantly face suspensions.

It sucks that the NBA has gotten so soft that theres not retaliation for obviously intentional elbows. Shocked that nobody has punched that bitches nose through the back of his head.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Neato

Post#770 » by Neato » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:21 pm

ivDT wrote:

you picky bastard
Neato

Post#771 » by Neato » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:23 pm

I thought hansbrough's elbow was just an accident but I am known to be blind on many things
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,779

Post#772 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Neato wrote:I thought hansbrough's elbow was just an accident but I am known to be blind on many things

With a quick glance it looked accidental, but he threw his elbow out much further than he needed to. That douchebag knew what he was doing. He's not that uncoordinated, that was intentional. I could understand if Fournier was closer and he used his elbow to box out, but he went full extension with the elbow when Fournier wasn't even close to being able to get the rebound.

I wish Dedmon smashed his face in. Even better, I wish that fake tough guy thug suffered every individual NBA injury that has occurred so far this season instead of the guys who originally had them.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,188

Post#773 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:41 pm

mumoy wrote:
Zmill wrote:Not sure why Canadia has this massive chip on their shoulder. It must be because of the whooping we gave them in 09. Im glad Canadia has returned to relevancy. I feel kind of like a proud dad watching his only son. I dont have any hate for yall I consider you guys the 51st state anyways.

Not sure why Americans think Toronto is Canada. I dont have any hate for yall I consider you guys the 11th province.

Canadia has 10 provinces? That's actually pretty cool

Is there bagged milk and ice fishing in each province?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#774 » by j-ragg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:54 pm

ivDT wrote:

BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,016

Post#775 » by Last Guardian » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 pm

I don't judge based on reputation. Looked like an accident to me. Some of you need to calm down a bit...
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,779

Post#776 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Last Guardian wrote:I don't judge based on reputation. Looked like an accident to me. Some of you need to calm down a bit...

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, elbows like a duck...
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,263

Post#777 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Last Guardian wrote:I don't judge based on reputation. Looked like an accident to me. Some of you need to calm down a bit...
it wasnt a damn accident. His reputation of constant flopping and cheap, dirty plays proceeds him.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,055

Post#778 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:10 pm

majortom71 wrote:
407Junkie wrote:Elfrid Payton only 14 minutes? How'd we do in the 2nd half again?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have a good start and than he got benched for a long time before coming back in the 4th? Way to take away his momentum...

You're not wrong.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,539

Post#779 » by Furinkazan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 am

that ass did it on purpose how come he didnt get ejected?

watching 4th quarter I almost did this

Im gonna end up in hospital watching this team.
We are so painfull to watch...ehh at least no Willie Green.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#780 » by tiderulz » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:28 am

OrlandoNed wrote:
Neato wrote:I thought hansbrough's elbow was just an accident but I am known to be blind on many things

With a quick glance it looked accidental, but he threw his elbow out much further than he needed to. That douchebag knew what he was doing. He's not that uncoordinated, that was intentional. I could understand if Fournier was closer and he used his elbow to box out, but he went full extension with the elbow when Fournier wasn't even close to being able to get the rebound.

I wish Dedmon smashed his face in. Even better, I wish that fake tough guy thug suffered every individual NBA injury that has occurred so far this season instead of the guys who originally had them.

he's tough on smaller players. scared of ones that will smack him back, look at him say My BAd and back away from Artest

Return to Orlando Magic