ImageImageImageImage

Official UCF Sports Thread - Basketball: NIT Bid? Football: Spring Practice Underway

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,860

Re: UCF Football #22: vs UCONN 

Post#861 » by Knightro » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:35 am

Really boring second half, but it appears Heupel learned his lesson from the FAMU game about putting his starters out there in garbage time.

Going to be interesting to see how it goes next week.

Short week on the road and you know that Cincinnati team is going to be looking for revenge after getting embarrassed on national TV last year. Their crowd is going to be real fired up.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#862 » by craig01 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:56 pm

Knightro wrote:This is going to be a vicious blowout. UCONN doesn't have the athletes and they're committing turnovers. Good recipe for a 50 point rout.

Gabriel's inability/unwillingness to run is still supremely frustrating.

He does not have the quickness and start up speed that Milton has, but there are still times that he just has to take off and go.

Gabriel had a couple of must-runs (most glaringly was the drive near mid field with no defenders in front of him) that he again declined.

I just wonder how much of the not running is a throttle down by JH.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#863 » by nymets1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:04 pm

Knightro wrote:Really boring second half, but it appears Heupel learned his lesson from the FAMU game about putting his starters out there in garbage time.

Going to be interesting to see how it goes next week.

Short week on the road and you know that Cincinnati team is going to be looking for revenge after getting embarrassed on national TV last year. Their crowd is going to be real fired up.

I'm just as worried about the Cincinnati as before we played at Pitt. This has the exact same feeling to me. If we don't play good, of course Cincinnati can beat us.

College Gameday is coming to Gainsville on Saturday October 5th for Florida vs Auburn!!!! I already had a ticket for the game and now I get to see College Gameday for the 1st time at UF. Their Ben Hill Griffin stadium is loud, Now it will be a lot louder than it already was with College Gameday there. I got to wake up like at 6am and get out the door by 6:30 am if I'm going to be ready at 9am to see their live show in person.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,076

Re: UCF Football #19: @ Cincinnati 

Post#864 » by UCF » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:40 am

Hopefully Auburn plays a good game.

Gameday is fun but a lot of standing in one spot for hours.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,179

Post#865 » by tiderulz » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:26 pm

craig01 wrote:
Knightro wrote:This is going to be a vicious blowout. UCONN doesn't have the athletes and they're committing turnovers. Good recipe for a 50 point rout.

Gabriel's inability/unwillingness to run is still supremely frustrating.

He does not have the quickness and start up speed that Milton has, but there are still times that he just has to take off and go.

Gabriel had a couple of must-runs (most glaringly was the drive near mid field with no defenders in front of him) that he again declined.

I just wonder how much of the not running is a throttle down by JH.

at about 180 lbs, i would hope JH throttles QB runs down a little.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#866 » by nymets1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 pm

UCF wrote:Hopefully Auburn plays a good game.

Gameday is fun but a lot of standing in one spot for hours.

Its not really an issue standing in one spot for hours. I've been to 2 College Gamedays in my life at UCF and at Disney so anytime they have College Gameday coming to Florida I'm going. The 2 Gamedays I have been to, they are very fun and the 3 hours goes by fast so it is definitely worth going to it when you get the chance to go.

I'm very worried about the UCF game at Cincinnati, they have a really good chance at beating us. But if we are able to come out with a win at their place than we would have a good chance to win out our last regular season games. This game at Cincinnati dictates the rest of our season. 1 more loss before the conference championship and it would be hard to make a new year's 6 bowl game but it wouldn't rule us yet of the conference championship game.

Cincinnati I think is the 2nd team in our conference behind us but if they beat us than they have to go above us. It's close between Cincy/Memphis and SMU and than Tulane is the next team after them. Our conference isn't the strongest conference in College Football and it gets some criticism but Cincy/Memphis/SMU and Tulane are really good teams, Houston and Temple are ok but everybody else in our conference their football team does suck this year.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#867 » by drsd » Tue Oct 1, 2019 9:59 am

Appalachian State is one to watch for Knights fans. They beat North Carolina on the road, a NC that almost beat Clemson. If the Mountaineers win out, I guess they go large in a bowling bid; that might lock out the Knights.

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,442

Post#868 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Oct 1, 2019 8:06 pm

Perhaps. They play @South Carolina in November so that'll probably be their last real challenge. It'll be interesting if they go undefeated and we win out, we'll be falling over ourselves saying their SOS is too weak and we should be ahead of a lossless team. lol

Gotta win our games first though.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,860

Post#869 » by Knightro » Tue Oct 1, 2019 8:34 pm

drsd wrote:Appalachian State is one to watch for Knights fans. They beat North Carolina on the road, a NC that almost beat Clemson. If the Mountaineers win out, I guess they go large in a bowling bid; that might lock out the Knights.

I would bet my life savings that UCF with 1 loss would get in over Appalachian State with zero losses.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#870 » by nymets1 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 12:33 am

Appalachian State lol they don't play anybody any good. Boise State played a very bad FSU team and they have to play at BYU. The only good opponent Boise State has on their schedule is the game at BYU.

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,442

Post#871 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Oct 4, 2019 1:35 pm

CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 824

Post#872 » by CZ Eddie » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:00 am

Cincy has an impressive stadium and crowd.
Keep your politics out of my sports
silent1900
Rookie
And1: 338

Post#873 » by silent1900 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:39 am

Hard fought game so far. Tough to see us getting 30 tonight, unless their D tires and starts giving up more chunks in the passing game.
CZ Eddie
Starter

Post#874 » by CZ Eddie » Sat Oct 5, 2019 1:43 am

They'll get that Cincy D figured out over halftime and come out blazing.

Both offense are sucking though.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#875 » by nymets1 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 1:58 am

Some of our teams in our conference don't play their home football games on their campus. Temple,USF, Uconn and Navy don't. Uconn football is leaving our conference after this season. Navy ok totally understand that one. But Temple and USF? Maybe Temple and USF campus is too small to build a football stadium?

CZ Eddie
Starter

Post#876 » by CZ Eddie » Sat Oct 5, 2019 2:27 am

CZ Eddie wrote:They'll get that Cincy D figured out over halftime and come out blazing.

or not :banghead:
CZ Eddie
Starter

Post#877 » by CZ Eddie » Sat Oct 5, 2019 2:28 am

nymets1 wrote:Some of our teams in our conference don't play their home football games on their campus. Temple,USF, Uconn and Navy don't. Uconn football is leaving our conference after this season. Navy ok totally understand that one. But Temple and USF? Maybe Temple and USF campus is too small to build a football stadium?

I remember when UCF's football stadium resembled a high school field with bleachers.
Cuz it wasn't a stadium.
dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 463

Post#878 » by dsg2003mach1 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 2:28 am

good lord they're getting nothing on offense, the line is a sieve
silent1900
Rookie
And1: 338

Post#879 » by silent1900 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 2:30 am

dsg2003mach1 wrote:good lord they're getting nothing on offense, the line is a sieve

I wouldn’t mind seeing Mack for the rest of this game. Gabriel is not there mentally at all.
dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 463

Post#880 » by dsg2003mach1 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 2:38 am

silent1900 wrote:
dsg2003mach1 wrote:good lord they're getting nothing on offense, the line is a sieve

I wouldn’t mind seeing Mack for the rest of this game. Gabriel is not there mentally at all.

this, its time to sit him down, too many opportunities to complete passes that have been blown

Return to Orlando Magic