ImageImageImageImage

Official UCF Sports Thread - Basketball: NIT Bid? Football: Spring Practice Underway

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,076

Re: UCF Football @ Temple 

Post#921 » by UCF » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:12 pm

:clap:
Nike and the equipment team at UCF did an awesome job, again.

Read on Twitter
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#922 » by UCF » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,857

Post#923 » by Knightro » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:02 pm

*LOVE* those. The Canaveral Blue looks great with the black and white.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,442

Post#924 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:16 pm

They need to make that jersey available for purchase!
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#925 » by UCF » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:44 pm

You too will be able to bid to own one of these lol Those helmets are worth every penny they list it for.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#926 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:55 pm

I don’t want to bid. Just take my money! lol
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#927 » by nymets1 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:16 am

I like how the jersey looks but the colors are not UCF'S colors of Black/Gold. The design is good but they should have the black/gold colors on them.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#928 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:09 pm

nymets1 wrote:I like how the jersey looks but the colors are not UCF'S colors of Black/Gold. The design is good but they should have the black/gold colors on them.

Eh. it's one game and the only color that isn't a "UCF color" is the "canaveral blue" which is playing into the space theme. Gold doesn't really fit in with the space theme so it makes sense to exclude for a single game, especially since gold has become more of an accent color in recent years. Our colors for football have shifted to more black, gray, and white (and that weird pewter that makes an appearance every blue moon, lol).
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#929 » by nymets1 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:41 pm

We about to find out tonight about UCF. If they lose a 3rd game around halfway in the regular season than we are definitely in a DOWN year.

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#930 » by craig01 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:51 am

nymets1 wrote:We about to find out tonight about UCF. If they lose a 3rd game around halfway in the regular season than we are definitely in a DOWN year.

I believe that UCF answered that bell with a dominating performance and complete four-quarter effort.

Temple was beat up coming into the game, but so was Ucf.

Defense was outstanding, I believe they only gave up only around 30 total yards in the 2nd half.

Terrific effort by all.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#931 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:28 pm

I was at the game yesterday. I will say as my first away game I’ve ever been to it was extremely fun. I have to point out we have an awesome fanbase. It probably wasn’t shown on tv but we had a huge amount there all spread throughout one side of the field. I even converted my little cousins into UCF fans since they are from PA. Also I think we made it onto espn if anyone watch it. Second half maybe around the 6 min mark the espn crew came into the stands and put the camera right on me and my flag :lol:.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Re: UCF Football vs Houston 

Post#932 » by UCF » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:20 pm

Four straight seasons of being bowl eligible. New record for the program.
silent1900
Rookie
And1: 338

Post#933 » by silent1900 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:13 pm

The American is *thisclose* to having 5 teams ranked.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#934 » by UCFJayBird » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:36 pm

Great game from the good guys.

Waiting to hear more about AK's injury. Kind of looked like his shoulder got dislocated. Hopefully he didn't break anything.

Pretty crazy how stacked the AAC is this year. 5 teams in the Top 30 of the AP.

Unfortunately for us, if Cinci is going to falter it's probably going to be their last two games when they play Temple & Memphis. It'd be nice if they took that unexpected loss to ECU or USF and then have some real pressure on them heading into those last two weeks.

Of course UCF's gotta take care of business as well. Make sure we don't slip up again.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#935 » by UCF » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:23 pm

AK should be available based on what’s being reported. We’ll see if that’s just misdirection by our coach.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#936 » by nymets1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:35 am

craig01 wrote:
nymets1 wrote:We about to find out tonight about UCF. If they lose a 3rd game around halfway in the regular season than we are definitely in a DOWN year.

I believe that UCF answered that bell with a dominating performance and complete four-quarter effort.

Temple was beat up coming into the game, but so was Ucf.

Defense was outstanding, I believe they only gave up only around 30 total yards in the 2nd half.

Terrific effort by all.

Temple was right with us at the end of the 1st half. Than in the 2nd half we destroyed their psyche/ their confidence/ their moral,etc etc etc. Temple isn't the only good team that we play that's a good team coming into the game and than eventually we destroyed the opponents psyche/confidence/moral.

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#937 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Nov 1, 2019 6:09 pm

App State lost last night and is now out of the running for NY6, which means it's up for grabs between whoever wins the AAC or Boise State.

Boise State would need SMU and Cinci to each drop 1 game. They might even need SMU to drop 2 depending on who their first loss was to.

But it does squeak open the door for UCF to find it's way there if some chaos happens. Cinci must lose two of their last five regular season games. They play @ECU, vs UCONN, @USF, vs Temple, @Memphis. Temple, and especially Memphis are tough so odds are good Cinci drops one of those. If they could find a way to falter once before that, watch out. The pressure will be on.

If Cinci manages to drop two and UCF wins out to make the conference title, they'd then have to beat Memphis or SMU (whoever winds up in it) to go to the NY6. Though if SMU is undefeated at that point, it'd be interesting if UCF would leap them in the rankings or not (say SMU is #10 and we're #20, do they fall enough for us to jump them?). I guess there's also a chance we don't leap frog a one-loss Boise (their schedule sucks), so we probably need them to drop another game as well.

Memphis plays SMU tomorrow night on ABC. SMU also plays Navy next week.

Things get REALLY interesting if Cinci loses is what i'm saying. Honestly Boise probably has the best odds at the moment.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#938 » by nymets1 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 11:53 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:App State lost last night and is now out of the running for NY6, which means it's up for grabs between whoever wins the AAC or Boise State.

Boise State would need SMU and Cinci to each drop 1 game. They might even need SMU to drop 2 depending on who their first loss was to.

But it does squeak open the door for UCF to find it's way there if some chaos happens. Cinci must lose two of their last five regular season games. They play @ECU, vs UCONN, @USF, vs Temple, @Memphis. Temple, and especially Memphis are tough so odds are good Cinci drops one of those. If they could find a way to falter once before that, watch out. The pressure will be on.

If Cinci manages to drop two and UCF wins out to make the conference title, they'd then have to beat Memphis or SMU (whoever winds up in it) to go to the NY6. Though if SMU is undefeated at that point, it'd be interesting if UCF would leap them in the rankings or not (say SMU is #10 and we're #20, do they fall enough for us to jump them?). I guess there's also a chance we don't leap frog a one-loss Boise (their schedule sucks), so we probably need them to drop another game as well.

Memphis plays SMU tomorrow night on ABC. SMU also plays Navy next week.

Things get REALLY interesting if Cinci loses is what i'm saying. Honestly Boise probably has the best odds at the moment.

Boise State don't play anybody. They lost to BYU without their starting QB Zach Wilson that's a bad loss.

I renewed my license plate yesterday and she said I get a new license plate and I wanted the UCF license plate and I got it to replace the original white florida plate! So now I got that along with my "bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down" and "UCF 2017 national champs that I have had on my car now around 2 to 3 years.

I kinda want to go to UCF vs Houston tomorrow but I think the game will be over at halftime so I definetly want to avoid games that I think are over at halftime. I be better off overpaying for Florida vs Georgia

silent1900
Rookie
And1: 338

Post#939 » by silent1900 » Sat Nov 2, 2019 9:47 pm

Man, the Nebraska fan base has really turned on Scott Frost.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#940 » by UCF » Sat Nov 2, 2019 11:21 pm

I wonder if we’ll get another year with our coach. DW smartly made the buyout substantial.

Return to Orlando Magic