Read on Twitter

Interesting player.
He will rise until the draft.
Petre1978
Sixth Man
And1: 431

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#942 » by Petre1978 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:00 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Goga is going to be too expensive for a backup-backup Center. Only way he stays on the team is if Carter or Mo Swags are moved.

I honestly wouldn’t mind if Orlando moved Carter in a trade, resigned Goga, and drafted some prospect big. That makes more sense to me than keeping Carter, Mo, and drafting a big that will never play.

Imo if the Magic draft Missi or Ware they will play over Moritz.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,210

Post#943 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:03 pm

Message Boar wrote:
Skybox wrote:
KillMonger wrote:Seems like Mr. Terrence Shannon Jr's case is going to trial.....man can you imagine being in this situation? to be at the precipice of a flourishing career beyond your wildest dreams or a jail cell.......damn

His trial will likely be over before the draft...many think he'll be cleared. Mocks will be scrambled overnight.

Yeah I've left him off my board completely for now. I haven't even thought about where to put him if he's part of the draft, probably top 20? In any case the situation is likely to stick to him in some capacity. I doubt the Magic go for him.

I mean Brandon Miller went #2 months after being connected to a murder and no one even brings it up anymore.

Most sources point to TSJ’s case getting dropped.. apparently the burden of proof for a trial in Kansas isn’t much different than the burden of proof needed for an arrest. The case likely gets dropped and becomes a nothing-burger

Secretly though the greedy side of me wouldn’t mind media backlash pushing him into the second round, I doubt it happens though lol
VFX
RealGM
And1: 13,870

Post#944 » by VFX » Tue May 21, 2024 1:11 pm

Petre1978 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Goga is going to be too expensive for a backup-backup Center. Only way he stays on the team is if Carter or Mo Swags are moved.

I honestly wouldn’t mind if Orlando moved Carter in a trade, resigned Goga, and drafted some prospect big. That makes more sense to me than keeping Carter, Mo, and drafting a big that will never play.

Sure, but if that’s the case does it even make sense to have that much depth at Center? There are other team needs if they plan on keeping the status quo.

Even if that is the case I have a hard time seeing the FO or Mosely saying “yeah thanks Mo for everything, but we are replacing your minutes with a rookie”. They’d sooner move him should they make that selection.

My point is that you aren’t going to have 3-4 Centers on the roster if you can avoid it. They aren’t positionally versatile enough for it to make sense investing the time or money. Drafting a Center OR resigning Goga only makes sense if they move Carter. Mo comes off the bench in either scenario because he doesnt work well with Paolo on the court.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,252

Post#945 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue May 21, 2024 1:34 pm

cedric76 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Goga will be back, I m expecting a 3 yrs 15M contract with team option

thats 15M dollars wasted on a 3rd string C :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clear sign that you don't get it

No I’m not wasting 15M on Goga when I can go after Hartenstein or Claxton first. Heck I’d even look at snaging Jarrett Allen as well.

C spot was a big weakness so why settle for same mediocrity vs fixing the problem?

Magic can sign a 3rd backup C on another 2 year 3/5M deal.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#946 » by cedric76 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:53 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:thats 15M dollars wasted on a 3rd string C :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I’m not wasting 15M on Goga when I can go after Hartenstein or Claxton first. Heck I’d even look at snaging Jarrett Allen as well.

C spot was a big weakness so why settle for same mediocrity vs fixing the problem?

We r not going after Claxton hartenstein
Unleash Jett

Suggs,AB,cole
KCP, Jett,harris
Franz,da silva,Houstan
Paolo,JI, moe
WCJ,JI,Goga

Bet with Knightro $50 to charity if AB beat cole
three3d
Pro Prospect
And1: 209

Post#947 » by three3d » Tue May 21, 2024 2:09 pm

Petre1978 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Interesting player.
He will rise until the draft.

That 2nd video was the pass I watched him make that made me rewind and watch again. Great cut to the basket and a hell of a pass out of it.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,192

Post#948 » by yoyojw17 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:10 pm

Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 2,193

Post#949 » by Message Boar » Tue May 21, 2024 5:29 pm

Wow, that is a bold pick.

Also, the Miami Heat ending up with Devin Carter in every mock draft I see is infuriating. Hopefully he goes earlier or we trade up for him or something. Him going there would sour my draft night no matter what we do with our pick.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,240

Post#950 » by zaymon » Tue May 21, 2024 6:42 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:

Ajay Mitchell of Santa Barbara

Deep dive!

https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/changing-gears-ajay-mitchell

He looks suprisingly well. I like Derrick White comparison i saw.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Petre1978
Sixth Man

Post#951 » by Petre1978 » Wed May 22, 2024 10:52 am

yoyojw17 wrote:

Ajay Mitchell of Santa Barbara

Deep dive!

https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/changing-gears-ajay-mitchell

6f5 floor general.
Jeff surely knows him.
Petre1978
Sixth Man

Post#952 » by Petre1978 » Wed May 22, 2024 5:13 pm

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,252

Post#953 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 22, 2024 5:32 pm

THIS DUDE can BALL.. on and he turns 19 in July

6'-3.75" with 6'-8" wingspan

He showed off his shooting prowess throughout Monday's drills as well. He shot 21-for-30, 70%, off the dribble, 19-for-25, 76.0%, side-by-side and 20-for-25, 80%, on spot up shooting, all best marks at the combine. He also shot 13-for-25, 52.0%, in the 3-point star drill, tied for eighth best.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#954 » by Skybox » Wed May 22, 2024 6:12 pm

cedric76 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

We r not going after Claxton hartenstein

You're probably right...but that's got zero to do with Goga. It would be a WCJ commitment.

IF Goga has to stay (which I would be happy to have), it would be a similar near-minimum deal. You just don't pay a 3rd string guy, who routinely collects DNP's more a reasonable deal. There's no corporate ladder here, you don't get annual raises unless you're rising in the hierarchy...100x more likely that a player gets a pay cut or a push out the door because the team needs the money for some 22 year old about to cash in...that's just the way it works with a salary cap.

I said "if Goga HAS to stay" because that would mean no other team came sniffing around based on his brief surge...I think they should. He should be a second-stringer somewhere, not a third-stringer here.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#955 » by Skybox » Wed May 22, 2024 6:15 pm

Now that it's clear we are developing a farm system (not joking), I'd love to grab all of these interesting 2nd rounders. I hope we move Cole for a late frp, save some salary, and take some swings.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 6,048

Post#956 » by Nyce_1 » Wed May 22, 2024 7:13 pm

RookieStar wrote:You guys have to answer this first....

Dii WePark attend the combine and scrimmage? If they didn't, we know what we are doing with that pick

we wouldn't know since team coverage has really fell off. We used to get video of player interviews and nuggets about which prospects we had meetings with.
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#957 » by Nyce_1 » Wed May 22, 2024 7:22 pm

Skin wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:thats 15M dollars wasted on a 3rd string C

Not a waste when your (current) 1st string C is guaranteed to miss 20 games a year.

I would be ok with Goga back if we traded Wendell and signed Claxton.

I want him back period. He's still young and shown to be capable starter for when WCj misses his games. Another summer of development and he should be even better. He has to figure out his "bag" on offense so he's not a complete zero on that side. Keeping him also allows flexibility for future moves.
SKYN
RealGM
And1: 8,759

Post#958 » by SKYN » Wed May 22, 2024 7:42 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Skin wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Not a waste when your (current) 1st string C is guaranteed to miss 20 games a year.

I would be ok with Goga back if we traded Wendell and signed Claxton.

I want him back period. He's still young and shown to be capable starter for when WCj misses his games. Another summer of development and he should be even better. He has to figure out his "bag" on offense so he's not a complete zero on that side. Keeping him also allows flexibility for future moves.

Dime a dozen. We need a guy who can be a brute enforcer. All playoff teams have a guy like that. For our team, it won't be Suggs, Franz, Paolo. So it boils down to PG and C. It's not happening at PG. So C is it. ...and no Mo Wags is not that guy either.
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#959 » by Nyce_1 » Wed May 22, 2024 7:50 pm

Skin wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Skin wrote:I would be ok with Goga back if we traded Wendell and signed Claxton.

Dime a dozen. We need a guy who can be a brute enforcer. All playoff teams have a guy like that. For our team, it won't be Suggs, Franz, Paolo. So it boils down to PG and C. It's not happening at PG. So C is it. ...and no Mo Wags is not that guy either.

Brute enforcer? what do you mean?

Who is/was that guy for:
Denver -
Minny -
Bos -
Indy -
SKYN
RealGM
And1: 8,759

Post#960 » by SKYN » Wed May 22, 2024 7:51 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Petre1978 wrote:

Sure, but if that’s the case does it even make sense to have that much depth at Center? There are other team needs if they plan on keeping the status quo.

Even if that is the case I have a hard time seeing the FO or Mosely saying “yeah thanks Mo for everything, but we are replacing your minutes with a rookie”. They’d sooner move him should they make that selection.

My point is that you aren’t going to have 3-4 Centers on the roster if you can avoid it. They aren’t positionally versatile enough for it to make sense investing the time or money. Drafting a Center OR resigning Goga only makes sense if they move Carter. Mo comes off the bench in either scenario because he doesnt work well with Paolo on the court.

Wendell and Mo Wags have similar games. We need to be able to mix up our ability to play different ways and be more versatile in match ups. Plus, we also need more toughness and better low post defense. Between Carter and Mo Wags, one of them has to go. Goga also has to go. He's just temp filler. Now is the time to trade Carter.

Next year, we should have a new starting Center + Mo Wags. We've had this need since the days of Vuc.

I would trade Wendell, sign Claxton, AND draft Edey. That's a lot of different match up looks + improved low post defense.

C: Claxton / Mo Wags / Edey

Return to Orlando Magic