ImageImageImageImage

Game #7: New York Knicks(4-0) @ Orlando Magic(2-4)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

SEBAS-07
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Re: Game #7: New York Knicks(4-0) @ Orlando Magic(2-4) 

Post#321 » by SEBAS-07 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:41 am

Ish Smith has been terrible, bad shooter and passer. I`ve also noticed Afflalo do his spin moves in every game.
Smart / Micic / D. Wright
Wiggins / Exum / J. Adams
Parker / K. Anderson / Mcdermott
Randle / Vonleh / Stokes
Embiid / Nurkic/ Tavares
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#322 » by magicman123 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 am

OrlandO wrote:In the 4th we completely moved away from what was working in quarters 1-3.

Early in the game we made sure to include davis and he produced with 5-5 fg (would be 6-6 if not for off. foul on afflalo) and passes that led to buckets. He had his hand in everything and should have been consistently involved tonight, especially since he was willing to pass when in trouble and not force up bad shots. Don't understand the huge gaps of not using him at all essentially taking him out of the game mentally.

Harkless went full beast mode on both sides of the floor and he should have been left in the game at crunchtime... he earned it. Really should have kept Harkless in there to defend and disrupt. I don't think the Knicks knew what to do about him. Nicholson did his thing getting buckets and although I probably wouldn't have had him in really late, he should have gotten most of McBob's minutes.

Once we moved away from those three guys, we had nothing. That's what sucks about this loss. The knicks didn't shut us down, we took ourselves out of it. Still, lots of good things out of this game. We're seeing progress and players are slowly learning through experience and past failures. Afflalo simply had a bad game and got a little selfish due to frustration. Our biggest impediment this game was JOCK Vaughn. Props to Moore for getting assists AND not turning it over at all. JJ also had an excellent game and continues to prove he's one of the keys to this team remaining competitive.

the offense looked good for the most part, the ball was moving, mainly because we didn't forced feed davis 800 times tonight (and give him the ball with 2 seconds left 30ft from the basket :lol: ), we had 28 assist yet 20 turnovers, we beat ourselves, the offense was fine, the turnovers killed us..tonight it was a good thing that baby didn't have the ball all game, surprised he only took 5 shots though, we could of used a few more
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#323 » by Last Guardian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:50 am

SEBAS-07 wrote:Ish Smith has been terrible, bad shooter and passer. I`ve also noticed Afflalo do his spin moves in every game.

Don't know what happened to Ish. He was decent in spot minutes last season. Looked like a PG. Now, he really does look like a pile of crap with puke on top.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#324 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 am

magicman123 wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:We will improve in time. It sucks to see us lose but this is the growing pains of rebuilding a team from the ground up. I would really like for the young guys (Harkless & Nicholson) to get a bit more minutes out there going forward. Really hope Jameer can give it a go in the next game, we can certainly use his presence out there.

I really dont like Ayon and Ish...once jameer gets back it pushes ish out, and nicholson needs to take all of ayons or mcroberts minutes

harkless looked great tonight, jameer will help the team a lot

Completely agree. Ayon and Ish have no business in this rotation whatsoever. Jameer helps for the sole fact he puts Moore back on the bench where he can function better as a combo guard off the bench and eliminate Ish out of the rotation.

I hope Andrew can continue to play like this so that Ayon no longer gets minutes. Harkless was awesome tonight and he'll only get better. It is exciting that he is already a smart, capable defender at only 19 years old. When his offense comes around and it will, the sky will be the limit for this kid for years to come.
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#325 » by SmiteaDwight » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 am

Did anyone else enjoy watching Nicholson score more points in 10 minutes than Ayon has all year?

But seriously, we played GREAT in the third quarter, our offense looked great. The Knicks were just forcing shots and decided they werent going to miss at all.

4th quarter was an unmitigated, awful disaster. Why the **** are we even going to play the game if were just going to go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word) in the 4th?

I'am so pissed right now. We should have won this game.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#326 » by InFlames » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 am

I think the Knicks are good, 2nd best in the east pretty easily but I just can't see them beating Miami.
InFlames
RealGM

Post#327 » by InFlames » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:57 am

SmiteaDwight wrote:Did anyone else enjoy watching Nicholson score more points in 10 minutes than Ayon has all year?

But seriously, we played GREAT in the third quarter, our offense looked great. The Knicks were just forcing shots and decided they werent going to miss at all.

4th quarter was an unmitigated, awful disaster. Why the **** are we even going to play the game if were just going to go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word) in the 4th?

Nicholson is deadly on offense, can score from anywhere and has a ton of different moves down low.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#328 » by magicman112 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 am

InFlames wrote:
SmiteaDwight wrote:Did anyone else enjoy watching Nicholson score more points in 10 minutes than Ayon has all year?

Nicholson is deadly on offense, can score from anywhere and has a ton of different moves down low.

Yes I hope that Drew earns himself more of the minutes Ayon was getting. Only thing about Drew is his lack of size on the defensive end but hey he can't do any worse than Ayon has been.
DaMVP23
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#329 » by DaMVP23 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 am

I can't be mad that we're on a losing streak, because we're not shooting for a championship. I just hate when my team loses straight games, win some and then lose some. I didn't watch the game but from what I've heard we put up a good effort. That's all I can ask for moving on in this season. If you give 110% on the court every night I'll be happy. The only games I hope we win this year are against the Lakers, and at least one or two games against Miami give me that and I'll be satisfied with our overall season.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#330 » by OrlandO » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:06 am

Here's the magic dancer falling...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw9AWIb0sts[/youtube]
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,494

Post#331 » by doct3r dr3 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:14 am

i have little to add to the conversation, but i too was displeased with the amount of minutes coach gave nicholson tonight, for anyone wondering.

loss is a loss i guess. can't be mad about that.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#332 » by CourtsideTV » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 am

OrlandO wrote:Here's the magic dancer falling...

i fell similar to that once during bball..it hurts like *($)@*($@)$ hope she is ok and nothing major happened
Work Hard
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,117

Post#333 » by Def Swami » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:19 am

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555
#Magic Mo Harkless: "I wish I would have played more in the end because I thought I was doing a pretty good job on Carmelo."
magicman112
Head Coach

Post#334 » by magicman112 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:19 am

CourtsideTV wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Here's the magic dancer falling...

i fell similar to that once during bball..it hurts like *($)@*($@)$ hope she is ok and nothing major happened

Said she was moving extremities and talking at the hospital. They'll probably keep her overnight for observation they don't mess around with possible neck and head trauma anymore...
magicman112
Head Coach

Post#335 » by magicman112 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:19 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
#Magic Mo Harkless: "I wish I would have played more in the end because I thought I was doing a pretty good job on Carmelo."

We're with ya Hark! Oh well this just makes the case for more court time for him...
magicman112
Head Coach

Post#336 » by magicman112 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:22 am

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#337 » by arsenal6106 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:23 am

#Magic Mo Harkless: "I think I played pretty good, but we lost so it doesn’t really matter. It’s all about the team."
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#338 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 am

arsenal6106 wrote:
#Magic Mo Harkless: "I think I played pretty good, but we lost so it doesn’t really matter. It’s all about the team."

I am loving this kid's attitude the more he speaks. He is extremely intelligent on defense which you cannot teach. He will get more minutes as the season progresses just like Drew will.
InFlames
RealGM

Post#339 » by InFlames » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:28 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:

Hennigan made the call from some dark corner of the amway.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,117

Post#340 » by Def Swami » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:38 am

#Magic Mo Harkless (1 of 2): "Carmelo actually talked to me the night I got drafted and he gave me a few words of advice."

#Magic Mo (2 of 2): "I’m out there guarding ('Melo) and he’s 1 of the 1s I looked up to. It just gave me extra fuel to try and stop him."

Return to Orlando Magic