ImageImageImageImage

You Big Baby haters need to understand...

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Re: You Big Baby haters need to understand... 

Post#41 » by magicman123 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 am

SmiteaDwight wrote:
magicman123 wrote:i think we play better without Baby

please explain

word cannot describe the greatness of the Orlando Magic
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,200

Post#42 » by thelead » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:58 am

SmiteaDwight wrote:Yeah so, 0-10 without.

we kinda need him back

Need him back for what? To ruin our lotto pick while also missing the playoffs? I can hardly wait!

/sarcasm
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#43 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:03 am

Trade him, i like Big Baby he's really won me over but after losing 10 straight what are we playing for again? Trade him while his value is somewhat high. Only trade him for a good deal though not a "bag of chips" trade
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Post#44 » by J the Drafter » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 am

If nothing else, Glen can help Nicholson learn how to play power forward. (I recently watched Nicholson's "Learning the Ropes" video on YouTube.)
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#45 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:06 pm

I found this interesting...

D.J. Foster wrote:Orlando’s offense is better without Glen “Big Baby” Davis. However, the defense is much, much better with him on the floor.

Down is up, left is right, war is peace. Glen Davis hurts Orlando offensively, but helps defensively. Who knew? Orlando posts an impressive 105.7 offensive rating when Davis is off the floor, which would be good for 7th in the league.

However, when Davis is on the floor, Orlando drops to a 101 offensive rating, which would sink them to 17th in the league.

But fear not, because Glen Davis is apparently a defensive stopper! Defensively with Davis on the floor, Orlando holds opponents to a 101.7 rating — 12th best in the league.

But with him off the floor, Orlando is a disaster defensively without their Big Baby, surrendering a 110.6 rating, which would be dead last in the league by a large margin.

With 824 minutes on the floor and 919 minutes off, the sample size is pretty substantial. The solution? If Glen Davis used less possessions and focused on tip-ins and offensive rebounds, the Magic could, theoretically, have a high ranking offense and defense. Of course, basketball doesn’t quite work like that, but it’s something worth considering when you watch Davis get the ball from now on.

LINK
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#46 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Ok, so a team has to change their offensive phylosophy when one of their anchors goes down. Hence, they run a faster set and score more points because they are losing games and are always playing catchup.

Sure, this seems like a better offense, but really it is just a losing team scoring more points.

That doesn't make this a better team when BBD is out, that is just someones statistical analysis. But, some stats don't show a players worth. And, that link above is proof that stats don't mean crap.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#47 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Ok, so a team has to change their offensive phylosophy when one of their anchors goes down. Hence, they run a faster set and score more points because they are losing games and are always playing catchup.

Sure, this seems like a better offense, but really it is just a losing team scoring more points.

That doesn't make this a better team when BBD is out, that is just someones statistical analysis. But, some stats don't show a players worth. And, that link above is proof that stats don't mean crap.

It's talking about efficiency, not total points. There is a huge difference.

Return to Orlando Magic