ImageImageImageImage

Magic "have expressed interest" in trading for Rudy Gay

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Re: Magic "have expressed interest" in trading for Rudy Gay 

Post#76 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 am

Horcy wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Fans play the trading game like it is NBA Live 2k13 and make mad trades when in real life most teams don't even make trades every year. But, in video game life, there are multiple trades every season.

FYI. Most teams try to develop talent over time before making necessary changes.

I wouldn't doubt if no changes are made before the trade deadline and Vaughn gets to let these players develop into their roles on the court.

That's freaking true. I can't play an entire season on NBA2k13 without making a small and stupid trade, or signing a free agent . And I try!!!! :lol: :lol:

P.S: Man, your new avatar rocks so fucxxx much 8-)

Thanks! I had many laughs while making it!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
ZeusIsLoose
Senior
And1: 234

Post#77 » by ZeusIsLoose » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Neon1 wrote:
ZeusIsLoose wrote:Yes, I totally agree with that. But there are some people on this discussion that think he is an asset that will contribute this year. If we are active in trades, it wont be to make the team better this year. its about the future. I was trying to say that anyone that thinks of getting Gay to be on a "2 year contract", as one person put it, are not seeing the bigger picture. Trading Afflalo for Gay? Afflalo averages the same and is shooting better. The only reason to get Gay is to move him somewhere else for better picks and youth.

Whats the bigger picture i am missing? I asume you mean me since i said it. If you traded for Rudy Gay right now or after the season, it is exactly what i said, the same as signing him to a 2-2.5 year deal. He is 26 years old and a all star level talent.

Is the "bigger picture" to HOPE we hit the #1 pick? The draft is for losers, point blank. Do you want to be the farm team wasting years and years losing and "developing" players to have them walk or be forced to trade them away to all the "winning franchises" when they finally hit the prime (since by now they are sick and tired of losing)?

I'd much rather be the guys taking OTHER teams talent when they are already at thier prime level, then the idiot wasting away year after year getting them ready for the team with "greener" pastures.

If championships are all about the draft, why do these teams in the high lotto almost ALWAYS stay there? Year after year after year. Free agency, Bank robber trades (getting talent for "flexibility") and then trades is what the true contender franchises (year after year) are made really of.

The Clippers are example #1. Sucked lotto balls for probably 17 of the last 20 years. They are nothing until the CP3 trade.

I never said the bigger picture is to lose. Not sure where you got that from. All i said is we need to stock pile on draft picks and promising young players. THATS THE BIGGER PICTURE. If you can land a stud FA in the process, thats an added bonus. Rudy Gay's massive contract is not worth what he produces (similar scoring numbers as Afflalo but worst shooting %). the only way i see us getting Gay would be to get rid of JJ. Doing that, you are sacrificing your bench, while adding a 17 mil contract. The only way i would ever want to see Gay on this team is if Mem took back Turks contract, and NO ONE wants him, especially now that he is hurt.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#78 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:58 pm

ZeusIsLoose wrote:

I never said the bigger picture is to lose. Not sure where you got that from. All i said is we need to stock pile on draft picks and promising young players. THATS THE BIGGER PICTURE. If you can land a stud FA in the process, thats an added bonus. Rudy Gay's massive contract is not worth what he produces (similar scoring numbers as Afflalo but worst shooting %). the only way i see us getting Gay would be to get rid of JJ. Doing that, you are sacrificing your bench, while adding a 17 mil contract. The only way i would ever want to see Gay on this team is if Mem took back Turks contract, and NO ONE wants him, especially now that he is hurt.

Two things:

1) Gay's value is not just stats. He is an elite defender. But, I agree his contract is just too massive.

2) Harrington or Turks contract. I prefer Harrington's contract because there is more guaranteed money on his contract.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
magic_turk
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#79 » by magic_turk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm

Could it beeee ? :o

A TPE that may finally be put to use lol

Return to Orlando Magic