ImageImageImageImage

season ticket holders, what say you on renewal?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 462

Re: season ticket holders, what say you on renewal? 

Post#21 » by dsg2003mach1 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:40 pm

Skin wrote:
dsg2003mach1 wrote:
Skin wrote:Can't fault a fair weather fan for being smart with his money.

GFY

theres a real big difference between fair weather fan and questioning supporting an organization with a history of gross incompetency at the ownership/executive level. You can still support the guys on the floor without pissing away money to ownership

This is the SAME organization that had a HOCKEY guy running a BASKETBALL team as well as a host of other execs with NO basketball experience outside of what they got with the Magic. Have you seen Stan's interview talking about how Martins, another NON basketball person, appears to have made the situation worse? What other organization do you know of thats let two likely hall of famers get away like this? The only "competitive" team the Magic ever put together that wasnt based off winning the draft lottery was with t-mac and they didnt hold that together either.

This is more of a question of do you support this organization through several more seasons of mediocrity, hoping they win the draft lottery again, hopefully theyre successful within a few years of that draft to see if they can maintain a championship caliber team for more than 1-2 seasons?

I commend the guys on the team for going out and playing hard every night when they dont have the roster they need to win games night in and night out. More than 20 years and 100k later for a product on the floor that will be lucky to win 25% this year.

That doesnt make you stop and think?

All legit. Just give up now and come back later.

if give up = watch from home on my couch for free or pickup occasional $5 tickets then sure :lol:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#22 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 1, 2013 8:12 pm

dsg2003mach1 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Where is this glass everyone keeps talking about???

in the upper bowl, walk down a set of stairs to the railing, theres ~3' tall piece of glass/plastic so if you tumble down the stairs you dont fly over the rail.

I see. For the playoffs, I had front row seats in the middle of section 206 and in front of those seats, there is no glass. I reckon you have to pick your seats wisely then.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Neato
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 6,080

Post#23 » by Neato » Fri Feb 1, 2013 8:17 pm

op, it sounds like you've pretty much made up your mind. i'm not sure how anyone can fault you after years of strong financial support for the team.
dsg2003mach1
Senior

Post#24 » by dsg2003mach1 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 8:53 pm

validity wrote:op, it sounds like you've pretty much made up your mind. i'm not sure how anyone can fault you after years of strong financial support for the team.

its one of those mind/heart battles...the logical side says enough is enough but there's that part that doesnt wanna give up :-?
happypedro12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#25 » by happypedro12 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 9:14 pm

I was considering buying season tickets for the first time but I too am debating between the money and the amount of losing i'm going to have to watch. I don't see them becoming contenders any time soon and $100 a month seems kinda high for upper bowl. I was thinking about half season package or even like a 7 game flex plan.
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.
dsg2003mach1
Senior

Post#26 » by dsg2003mach1 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 9:31 pm

honestly if we didnt already have season tickets theres no way Id start now, not when they can be had so cheap at the box office. Unless you have pretty good seats you cant sell em for much if at all and theres no parking discount to speak of. A partial package to guarantee decent seats to the better teams I could understand doing.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#27 » by craig01 » Sat Feb 2, 2013 7:07 pm

I am surprised that attendance has held up as well as it has this year.

I would expect that next year is when we will begin seeing some serious fallout from season ticket renewals.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#28 » by CourtsideTV » Sun Feb 3, 2013 10:42 am

hopefully we land a top 3 pick adn the player ends up being a star in rising.
Work Hard
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#29 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:51 pm

FYI. Magic have a deal out now for February, Buy One get One Freeee!

They say if you buy a ticket, Fox Sports will buy the other. Anyways, I thought I would pass this along. I think Magic were trying to get me to go to the game last night and were pestering me.

Go to:

Http://tinyurl.com/az5bycz

For this offer. It is legit from the Orlando Magic/FoxSports.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic