ImageImageImageImage

Around the League 2016-17 Season

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,270

Re: Around the League 2015-16 Season 

Post#1241 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Happy for Hark but he is not worth that much based on what he has shown so far. He is prob worth $5 mill a year even in this crazy market. He got paid on potential and crazy market. I do remember some people on the General Board saying he would get Evan Turner money lol.
aka: prorl
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#1242 » by woosah » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:41 pm

I am happy for Hark. We got him as a young project and things didn't work out. I am glad he found a home.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
woosah
RealGM

Post#1243 » by woosah » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:47 pm

SO how does the Dipo-Ibaka trade look if Dipo gets maxed? Any different? You think this is why Rob went with Evan because he was more willing to take a team friendly deal?
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,505

Post#1244 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:55 pm

woosah wrote:SO how does the Dipo-Ibaka trade look if Dipo gets maxed? Any different? You think this is why Rob went with Evan because he was more willing to take a team friendly deal?

We still have to see how re-signing Ibaka goes.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,459

Post#1245 » by NavalAviator94 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:06 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
woosah wrote:SO how does the Dipo-Ibaka trade look if Dipo gets maxed? Any different? You think this is why Rob went with Evan because he was more willing to take a team friendly deal?

Thankfully we have his Bird Rights and that 5th year. Barring something unforeseen we should be able to resign him.

On the above note I think Rob went with Evan because Vic was able to get us the type of player at the 4 we needed badly. We had the luxury of Evan. Ultimately I think Vic will be the better player but Evan + Ibaka makes us a better team than if we kept Vic. Evan just may surprise us though which would be interesting to see.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#1246 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:10 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Thankfully we have his Bird Rights and that 5th year. Barring something unforeseen we should be able to resign him.

On the above note I think Rob went with Evan because Vic was able to get us the type of player at the 4 we needed badly. We had the luxury of Evan. Ultimately I think Vic will be the better player but Evan + Ibaka makes us a better team than if we kept Vic. Evan just may surprise us though which would be interesting to see.

The original comment was referencing Evan's team friendly deal in comparison to Oladipo's max requests. It looks good now, but is Ibaka going to give us a team friendly deal as well? Is so, then it is safe to declare this trade a win for Orlando. If not, then much more than $$ will eventually grade this trade.
woosah
RealGM

Post#1247 » by woosah » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:15 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

The original comment was referencing Evan's team friendly deal in comparison to Oladipo's max requests. It looks good now, but is Ibaka going to give us a team friendly deal as well? Is so, then it is safe to declare this trade a win for Orlando. If not, then much more than $$ will eventually grade this trade.

Yeah i just wonder if OKC was expecting to have to pay him a max when they got him. Hard to say since they probably never counted on losing Durant. He wants max/star money and is not a star. Dang, does Orlando even have any max players? Well they clearly weren't willing to make Vic one.
Boo.
NavalAviator94
Analyst

Post#1248 » by NavalAviator94 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:24 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Gotcha.

I think it's safe to say Ibaka isn't giving anyone a team friendly deal. Teams will be lining up for him with Max contracts and we'll be first in line with that 5th year. As long as Ibaka is healthy and Evan produces at close to the level and efficiency of last year then I say it was a good trade for Orlando.
NavalAviator94
Analyst

Post#1249 » by NavalAviator94 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:29 pm

woosah wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:

Yeah i just wonder if OKC was expecting to have to pay him a max when they got him. Hard to say since they probably never counted on losing Durant. He wants max/star money and is not a star. Dang, does Orlando even have any max players? Well they clearly weren't willing to make Vic one.

They definitely weren't planning on him leaving but how could they really. I'm not sure what move they could have made other than the one they did that gave them cap flexibility to sign Durant and go after Al Horford who he had mild interest in playing with. They did what a GM has to do but it ultimately hurt them more. Losing Ibaka and KD is going to hurt and I just don't see FA's coming to OKC with what they have. But really, what else could they have done?
woosah
RealGM

Post#1250 » by woosah » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:35 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
woosah wrote:Yeah i just wonder if OKC was expecting to have to pay him a max when they got him. Hard to say since they probably never counted on losing Durant. He wants max/star money and is not a star. Dang, does Orlando even have any max players? Well they clearly weren't willing to make Vic one.

They definitely weren't planning on him leaving but how could they really. I'm not sure what move they could have made other than the one they did that gave them cap flexibility to sign Durant and go after Al Horford who he had mild interest in playing with. They did what a GM has to do but it ultimately hurt them more. Losing Ibaka and KD is going to hurt and I just don't see FA's coming to OKC with what they have. But really, what else could they have done?

I don't know. I just thinks it hurts them to think they would have a third option in VO and now they may have to shell out max money and he may not be that dude. They didn't do anything wrong. It is real familar to me and i feel for them as an organization.

As a magic fan though, who is sick of the posts making him out to be the GOAT when he isn't close, i smirk just a little though.
Boo.
Mike1989
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#1251 » by Mike1989 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Good luck to Harkless getting paid. Going to be interesting to see how the Trail Blazers work things out...

Allen Crabbe got paid, SG/SF
Evan Turner got paid, SG/SF
CJ McCollum got paid, SG
Moe Harkless for paid, SF

Two of them are probably going to have to ride the bench, though I suppose Harkless could always start at PF. But positive moves from the Blazers, but a lot now tied up to SG and SFs.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,400

Post#1252 » by tooler » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Same as before since I expected him to get a max.

Hope Moe doesn't let the money go to his head.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,172

Post#1253 » by tiderulz » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:41 am

woosah wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:

he may be able to take a team friendly deal and make more money, since more than half his games wont have state tax.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#1254 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:45 am

tiderulz wrote:
woosah wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

he may be able to take a team friendly deal and make more money, since more than half his games wont have state tax.

Fans like to toss this around as a way to talk themselves into thinking we have an edge but you can bet yourself he and his agent will push for a full max deal from Orlando.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,172

Post#1255 » by tiderulz » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:28 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
woosah wrote:Yeah i just wonder if OKC was expecting to have to pay him a max when they got him. Hard to say since they probably never counted on losing Durant. He wants max/star money and is not a star. Dang, does Orlando even have any max players? Well they clearly weren't willing to make Vic one.

Fans like to toss this around as a way to talk themselves into thinking we have an edge but you can bet yourself he and his agent will push for a full max deal from Orlando.

i agree and it isnt a large amount of money, but it would equal a few million dollars. But agents also want they players on winning teams too, and too many players with max deals, you end up like Atlanta, playing well but never really competing. Or you have a team that has 1 injury and is out of it
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#1256 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Looks like someone put some math into figuring out The Ringer's beat the Warriors game:
LINK
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,400

Post#1257 » by tooler » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:22 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:Looks like someone put some math into figuring out The Ringer's beat the Warriors game:
LINK

Just another depressing reminder of how we whiffed on Millsap.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#1258 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:39 pm

tooler wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:Looks like someone put some math into figuring out The Ringer's beat the Warriors game:
LINK

Just another depressing reminder of how we whiffed on Millsap.

I wouldn't call it a whiff. We really had no shot.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,077

Post#1259 » by SOUL » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:05 am

KingRobb02 wrote:I wouldn't call it a whiff. We really had no shot.

Oh, we definitely had a shot. He interviewed with us and chose the Hawks, better odds than most teams.

I wonder if we still would've moved Oladipo this year without the need for Ibaka if we got Millsap.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,944

Post#1260 » by OrlandoDream » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:30 am

SOUL wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:I wouldn't call it a whiff. We really had no shot.

Oh, we definitely had a shot. He interviewed with us and chose the Hawks, better odds than most teams.

I wonder if we still would've moved Oladipo this year without the need for Ibaka if we got Millsap.

As much as I wanted Millsap signing to go down, Ibaka fits a bigger need. Having both Millsap and Gordon seems a bit redundant. AG needs to play the SF and Vuc needs help in the paint. Teams would murder a frontline of Vuc and Millsap. Absolutely no shot blocking.

Return to Orlando Magic