ImageImageImageImage

Let's Talk About Mario

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

King-
Rookie
And1: 676

Re: Let's Talk About Mario 

Post#961 » by King- » Thu Mar 1, 2018 10:48 pm

Skin wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Mario is gone, stop hurting yourself

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app

When Mario is gone, I'll be ecstatic because he can take his false hopes somewhere else. I'll be missing him as much as I miss Elfrid... Zero, zip, nada.

Lol. Yet, we may very well end up with a 4-8 pick, and draft a player who is not even as good as Mario is currently... and then the cycle repeats.

Delusional fan base, my goodness. :lol:

Nobody cares who you want on this team.... this team continues to fail, miss the playoffs, and **** up draft picks and developing them-ultimately losing them for nothing. You should be boycotting ownership instead of making it a point to post in every Mario thread talking about how much you hate him and how he sucks.... we get it dude

Just because you have 10k posts on a basketball message board doesn't mean you get to act like some pretentious prick.... as if EP is supposed to give a crap what "Skin" on Orlando Magic's RealGM board thinks of him :lol:
King-
Rookie

Post#962 » by King- » Thu Mar 1, 2018 10:59 pm

Its crazy how so many fans of this team act like how the team has acted the last 5 years- like a playoff team. It's absolutely mind boggling to me that fans of a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years... continue to act as if we're some playoff, perennial contender type of team. We literally get worse and worse every year, we lose our young players for nothing... we make countless bad decision after bad decision and you guys are all okay with it?

I mean sure, there's nothing we can do.... but posts like the one above ^^, are just crazy to me. We are literally the laughing stock of the franchise.... if you read other teams boards, not just on RealGM, but other forums, the Orlando Magic are THE laughing stock of the league. Its like you guys are happy to be so ****... geez. Magic fans need to wake up. We're absolutely pathetic. Should be directing your frustration towards management; instead acting like you're a fan of the Spurs, and not the **** Magic. Lol.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#963 » by Skin » Thu Mar 1, 2018 11:52 pm

King- wrote:
Skin wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Mario is gone, stop hurting yourself

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app

When Mario is gone, I'll be ecstatic because he can take his false hopes somewhere else. I'll be missing him as much as I miss Elfrid... Zero, zip, nada.

Lol. Yet, we may very well end up with a 4-8 pick, and draft a player who is not even as good as Mario is currently... and then the cycle repeats.

Nobody cares who you want on this team.... this team continues to fail, miss the playoffs, and **** up draft picks and developing them-ultimately losing them for nothing. You should be boycotting ownership instead of making it a point to post in every Mario thread talking about how much you hate him and how he sucks.... we get it dude

Just because you have 10k posts on a basketball message board doesn't mean you get to act like some pretentious prick.... as if EP is supposed to give a crap what "Skin" on Orlando Magic's RealGM board thinks of him :lol:

You're wrong. Now that I have 10k posts you need to bow down to me.[/green font]

Back to reality... Now, if we can't find a player with a pick between 4-8 that can't help us as much as Mario has (which is none), then that's a failure on our front office. I have been very critical of them. You just don't see it because your only involvement in this forum is in Mario threads. Your passion as a fan begins and ends with Mario. I don't think your words about this fan base being delusional carries any weight.

On a side note... you seem to place value in post counts and forum reputation. I don't give a rip, but is that why your forum name is King? Seeking something?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#964 » by tiderulz » Thu Mar 1, 2018 11:57 pm

King- wrote:Its crazy how so many fans of this team act like how the team has acted the last 5 years- like a playoff team. It's absolutely mind boggling to me that fans of a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years... continue to act as if we're some playoff, perennial contender type of team. We literally get worse and worse every year, we lose our young players for nothing... we make countless bad decision after bad decision and you guys are all okay with it?

I mean sure, there's nothing we can do.... but posts like the one above ^^, are just crazy to me. We are literally the laughing stock of the franchise.... if you read other teams boards, not just on RealGM, but other forums, the Orlando Magic are THE laughing stock of the league. Its like you guys are happy to be so ****... geez. Magic fans need to wake up. We're absolutely pathetic. Should be directing your frustration towards management; instead acting like you're a fan of the Spurs, and not the **** Magic. Lol.

i think much of the posts and board activity say that the fans are not okay with it
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Post#965 » by Audi » Fri Mar 2, 2018 4:06 pm

Mario could have played even worse than he did and I still would've advocated to picking up his option purely on the grounds that it took a freaking #5 pick to get him.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#966 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Mar 2, 2018 8:05 pm

I don’t think it’s as certain he’s gone as some people think.
How much are teams really willing to spend on a guy who’s playing for a contract? Would he consider the fact that he may have to start over on a new team as opposed to staying here and retaining his spot.
If he’s that valuable to the FO and they truly want to keep him, i think the first step is moving on from Vogel, then handing him a starting spot. Which then makes you wonder what happens to the AG/JI duo.
Does Isaac now become our center? Lots of moving parts here.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#967 » by Ducklett » Fri Mar 2, 2018 11:45 pm

Im going to go ahead and predict we will have posts about how we shouldn't pick up Isaac's option in about 16 months.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,522

Post#968 » by SOUL » Fri Mar 2, 2018 11:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:I don’t think it’s as certain he’s gone as some people think.
How much are teams really willing to spend on a guy who’s playing for a contract? Would he consider the fact that he may have to start over on a new team as opposed to staying here and retaining his spot.
If he’s that valuable to the FO and they truly want to keep him, i think the first step is moving on from Vogel, then handing him a starting spot. Which then makes you wonder what happens to the AG/JI duo.

I mean the "contract" would've been an extension. It's not as if he's playing for some huge megadeal, and he's only 22.. so.. I think a lot of people are willing to spend that on a player like Mario.

I think there are avenues to keeping him here, but that would start with him being guaranteed a starting position plus other things.
King-
Rookie

Post#969 » by King- » Sat Mar 3, 2018 12:11 am

Skin wrote:
King- wrote:
Skin wrote:When Mario is gone, I'll be ecstatic because he can take his false hopes somewhere else. I'll be missing him as much as I miss Elfrid... Zero, zip, nada.

You're wrong. Now that I have 10k posts you need to bow down to me.[/green font]

Back to reality... Now, if we can't find a player with a pick between 4-8 that can't help us as much as Mario has (which is none), then that's a failure on our front office. I have been very critical of them. You just don't see it because your only involvement in this forum is in Mario threads. Your passion as a fan begins and ends with Mario. I don't think your words about this fan base being delusional carries any weight.

On a side note... you seem to place value in post counts and forum reputation. I don't give a rip, but is that why your forum name is King? Seeking something?

My forum name Is the username I have used since I was in 6th grade playing Socom 2 on PS2 :lol:

My apologies if my post offended you, or if I was too aggressive. Its rough times out here as a Magic fan.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#970 » by Xatticus » Sat Mar 3, 2018 1:11 am

SOUL wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I don’t think it’s as certain he’s gone as some people think.

I mean the "contract" would've been an extension. It's not as if he's playing for some huge megadeal, and he's only 22.. so.. I think a lot of people are willing to spend that on a player like Mario.

I think there are avenues to keeping him here, but that would start with him being guaranteed a starting position plus other things.

A torn ACL is about the only thing that I think keeps him here.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
ensergiog
Sophomore
And1: 279

Post#971 » by ensergiog » Sun Mar 4, 2018 10:32 am

Xatticus wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Nephew, delete this.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#972 » by tiderulz » Sun Mar 4, 2018 12:51 pm

ensergiog wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Nephew, delete this.

go back to your own board
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,264

Post#973 » by pepe1991 » Sun Mar 4, 2018 1:27 pm

what a **** ??
This forum is toxic
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#974 » by pepe1991 » Sun Mar 4, 2018 2:05 pm

I'm getting GInobili vibe with Mario. Does lot of stuff well, runs second unit like defacto PG.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#975 » by fendilim » Sun Mar 4, 2018 3:53 pm

pepe1991 wrote:I'm getting GInobili vibe with Mario. Does lot of stuff well, runs second unit like defacto PG.

Not sure where this came from.

But then again, Manu entered the league at around 25 years old.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#976 » by j-ragg » Sun Mar 4, 2018 4:00 pm

King- wrote:Its crazy how so many fans of this team act like how the team has acted the last 5 years- like a playoff team. It's absolutely mind boggling to me that fans of a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years... continue to act as if we're some playoff, perennial contender type of team. We literally get worse and worse every year, we lose our young players for nothing... we make countless bad decision after bad decision and you guys are all okay with it?

Yep we all love mediocrity and sweeping generalizations.

Or maybe since we aren't all actually RealGMs we will just continue to take it until the team is good as gone.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Post#977 » by bobbeaver » Sun Mar 4, 2018 6:16 pm

Well its simple both Gordon and Mario play best with in the rythm of the game. For now Gordon is the one that has more offensive fire earlier in the game and Mario takes over usually the second half now. If the GMs in Orlando had any balls or brains They would run the young core as starters. Issac as C Gordon pf Mario SF, find a pg n the draft and you got yourself a team. You can make Gordon play a team game, and offense could be created and run between the PG Mario and Gordon trio so you have diversity. Put the trigger happy Vets who dont really play as a team as Bench and you will actually have a strong team. Gordon and Mario could be the first and second options (depending on the night and opponent) feeding off each other. All you need is a team player type SG and you are golden and you could actually start compeating in this league instead of tanking. They shuld start developing those players together as a team and not just as individuals. I mean if Hez can handle the 2 and thrive, you could put Iwandu at 3 Gordon at 4 Issac at 5 and you get real length, athleticism and speed and defense. You could actually build from that.
Oh and ofc get a good coach for developing players :)
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#978 » by Javier Acosta » Sun Mar 4, 2018 6:51 pm

fendilim wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I'm getting GInobili vibe with Mario. Does lot of stuff well, runs second unit like defacto PG.

Manu was a late bloomer period. He was just another dude playing hoops in Argentina at 17, his peers did not see him as something special as a player.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#979 » by pepe1991 » Sun Mar 4, 2018 6:57 pm

Javier Acosta wrote:
fendilim wrote:

Manu was a late bloomer period. He was just another dude playing hoops in Argentina at 17, his peers did not see him as something special as a player.

He was apsolute senastion in Euroleague with Kinder, winning Euroleague
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#980 » by Javier Acosta » Sun Mar 4, 2018 6:59 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Javier Acosta wrote:
fendilim wrote:Not sure where this came from.

He was apsolute senastion in Euroleague with Kinder, winning Euroleague

I know. What i said is from a Woj interview with Scola and also him i think.

Return to Orlando Magic