ImageImageImageImage

2016 Official Speculation Thread: Episode V - The Preseason Strikes Back

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,449

Re: 2016 Official Speculation Thread: Episode V - We're talking about practice! 

Post#1461 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:50 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:I have lost alot of interest in the team after they traded my two favorite players on the team and everything else the FO did this summer.

Wake me up when we have competent management.

Please tell me that means you'll stop posting?! :rockon:

PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#1462 » by thelead » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:54 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:I have lost alot of interest in the team after they traded my two favorite players on the team and everything else the FO did this summer.

Orlwillbebackwillbeback
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#1463 » by Def Swami » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:00 am

:wave: :usa:
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1464 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:07 am

In a year or two every one of you will admit that you had Harris pegged wrong. Why not reach the right conclusion now and be happy?

Dipo is a different story. True, he wasn't a super star and never will be. But he has a fight to him that any team can benefit from. Losing him is tough but he was going to cost a max deal, we had Evan ready to sign a team friendly deal at the same position and we had an offer for a guy who is about an equal talent only at a position of need. Again, losing Dipo was tough but the trade made sense.

Don't kid yourself because you aren't kidding anyone else. The second the regular season starts that interest you claimed to have lost will be sky high yet again. You're too good a fan for it not to be.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,131

Post#1465 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:16 am

After the Penny fiasco I decided to focus on being a fan of the team and not get too attached to players because the team will be here but players come and go. There are players that i like and I gravitate to but I don't get attached to them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#1466 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:22 am

MagicFan101 wrote:

In a year or two every one of you will admit that you had Harris pegged wrong. Why not reach the right conclusion now and be happy?

Dipo is a different story. True, he wasn't a super star and never will be. But he has a fight to him that any team can benefit from. Losing him is tough but he was going to cost a max deal, we had Evan ready to sign a team friendly deal at the same position and we had an offer for a guy who is about an equal talent only at a position of need. Again, losing Dipo was tough but the trade made sense.

Don't kid yourself because you aren't kidding anyone else. The second the regular season starts that interest you claimed to have lost will be sky high yet again. You're too good a fan for it not to be.

I loved Dipo and I know Tobias wasnt really that talented but at the the same time I appreciated his can do positive attitude he had while we were so bad.

The trade will always be bad imo because we should not be building around Vucevic imo.
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,691

Post#1467 » by GameOver25 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:27 am

Orlwillbeback gets you guys every time. He's the ultimate fan troll. I have to give him props. :lol: 8-)
NBAchamps2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 336

Post#1468 » by NBAchamps2017 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:31 am

This team is just an all star caliber PG away from being a serious contender. We are not winning with Harris and Ola was here so they're a let go. Give another season, if they don't make the playoffs (which they don't) then off you go.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#1469 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:31 am

AG is feeling pretty high on himself right now. Practice reports good today. Really liking what I'm hearing from Serge. Vogel said he's trying to make Vuc play between the posts and less mid ranges and no 3s at this time, though they'll work that in over time. Wants to focus more on being a roll to the rim and post guy right now.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1470 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:36 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

I loved Dipo and I know Tobias wasnt really that talented but at the the same time I appreciated his can do positive attitude he had while we were so bad.

The trade will always be bad imo because we should not be building around Vucevic imo.

Building around Vuc!!?

I think you have greatly missread what is happening here.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#1471 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:44 am

I misread what's happening to the Magic on the Realgm board? No man, to me it was pretty obvious that the Magic are trying to build around Vuc even though he is an odd player to do that for.

If you guys truly think AG is gonna become a star you got another thing conin'. He doesn't have the skillset nor the disposition of an alphadog.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,449

Post#1472 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:49 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:I misread what's happening to the Magic on the Realgm board? No man, to me it was pretty obvious that the Magic are trying to build around Vuc even though he is an odd player to do that for.

If you guys truly think AG is gonna become a star you got another thing conin'. He doesn't have the skillset nor the disposition of an alphadog.

Your constant negativity is genuinely exhausting.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#1473 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:59 am

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:I misread what's happening to the Magic on the Realgm board? No man, to me it was pretty obvious that the Magic are trying to build around Vuc even though he is an odd player to do that for.

I dont give a **** I am expressing how I feel about the Magic and only a delusional fool could actually like what they've seen the last few years.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#1474 » by OrlandoDream » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:24 am

rcklsscognition wrote:AG is feeling pretty high on himself right now. Practice reports good today. Really liking what I'm hearing from Serge. Vogel said he's trying to make Vuc play between the posts and less mid ranges and no 3s at this time, though they'll work that in over time. Wants to focus more on being a roll to the rim and post guy right now.

That was the Vuc from 2 years ago that was dominating most big men. The 14-15 season was his best statistically. That's when he was muscling dudes in the most and using his strength to get easy buckets. Last year he went away from that. Fell in love with the midrange and never went back to using his strength in the post as often. We need to bring that Vuc back.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

2016 Official Speculation Thread: Episode V - We're talking about practice! 

Post#1475 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:27 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:

I dont give a **** I am expressing how I feel about the Magic and only a delusional fool could actually like what they've seen the last few years.

The last two years have been shaky but I'd say we definitely made strides this summer. The addition of Vogel alone should be enough to at least get you excited about the season. I don't think it's their plan to build around Vuc. I think trading away Oladipo and the moves they made this summer showed there commitment to Elf and Evan if anything. I don't think they go out and sign Biyombo if their intentions were to build around Vuc.

I've liked the moves we made this summer and I think with Vogel and the defensive additions we've added we will be very competitive this year and hopefully make the playoffs.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#1476 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:02 am

It's strange to me that you're this low on Gordon while being so high on Oladipo. Gordon is straight up better.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#1477 » by NickAnderson » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:29 am

Agreed AG isn't gonna be this star everyone wants he to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#1478 » by NickAnderson » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:31 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:

It's strange to me that you're this low on Gordon while being so high on Oladipo. Gordon is straight up better.

Gordon better than Oladipo? How???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,089

Post#1479 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:41 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:After the Penny fiasco I decided to focus on being a fan of the team and not get too attached to players because the team will be here but players come and go. There are players that i like and I gravitate to but I don't get attached to them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app

Get out of here and your philosophical reasoning! there's no room for that intellectual mumbo jumbo.... only bickering is allowed.
:D
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#1480 » by Bensational » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:00 am

The team is building around defense. That in and of itself says they aren't building around Vuc. He'll be a key contributor as a scorer, but they aren't planning on winning and losing games because of him. If you're building around someone, you don't go out and pay more money for another player at his position.

I think it's pretty obvious they're building around Gordon though. They cleared Oladipo and Harris to make room for him. Vogel himself said they'll run the ball through him the way Indy did with George.

Return to Orlando Magic