ImageImageImageImage

'Inside the Magic: Midsummer Special'

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Re: 'Inside the Magic: Midsummer Special' 

Post#41 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:31 pm

i completely understand your motive. i too many times have starved for links to programs i missed and money would be a non issue. But for a fellow magic fan to ask or accept money for this favor to me its ridiculous. my point is towards those saying $5 is not enough and you should up your offer. thats just greed. you dont want to do it then dont do it but if you do stay humble and give out the link without a feedback. thats all.
Magicalltheway
Analyst

Post#42 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:33 pm

my question will never get answered but worth a shot.

Frank or Rob- Why and How confident are you of resigning of Ibaka. thats all i want to know,
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,188

Post#43 » by cedric76 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:47 pm

We ll see if i get more help next year ;-)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#44 » by OrlandoDream » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Magicalltheway wrote:my question will never get answered but worth a shot.

Frank or Rob- Why and How confident are you of resigning of Ibaka. thats all i want to know,

I dont think Rob would have traded away Dipo if he did not have some belief that we would be able to resign Ibaka. I see Ibaka here in a similar situation like Batum was last year. We should be able to keep him but it's gonna cost.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,659

Post#45 » by witnessraps » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:09 pm

hey guys, just wondering if you seen Fournier continuing to improve and put up big numbers next year as the focal point of the team on the perimeter? Is he gonna be a fantasy stud?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#46 » by j-ragg » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:37 pm

I'll take Rob on this one.

"Well we've been very confident that we can show Serge that we are a hardworking organization and we want to win, bottom line. Serge is a guy who exemplifies work ethic and great character and we value those qualities."
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Magicalltheway
Analyst

Post#47 » by Magicalltheway » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:13 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:

I dont think Rob would have traded away Dipo if he did not have some belief that we would be able to resign Ibaka. I see Ibaka here in a similar situation like Bwtum was last year. We should be able to keep him but it's gonna cost.

thats the ideal situation. i really hope so, (for Robs sake )
Magicalltheway
Analyst

Post#48 » by Magicalltheway » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:15 pm

j-ragg wrote:

"Well we've been very confident that we can show Serge that we are a hardworking organization and we want to win, bottom line. Serge is a guy who exemplifies work ethic and great character and we value those qualities."

but Rob, how do you plan to compete with many other contending teams that are much attractive to steal Serge away from the magic. As we all know, Promise and young talent alone is not sufficient enough.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#49 » by j-ragg » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Magicalltheway wrote:
j-ragg wrote:

but Rob, how do you plan to compete with many other contending teams that are much attractive to steal Serge away from the magic. As we all know, Promise and young talent alone is not sufficient enough.

That's a great question. We believe in our players not only as players but as people too. We have a great foundation in place from Rich down to the coaching staff with Frank. We believe we have all the tools in place to have a successful season and keep growing as a unit.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#50 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:33 pm

cedric76 wrote:
j_n wrote:
Magicalltheway wrote:asking for money to upload a link is just too low. im sure % or $10 wont make any difference in anyones lives, comn people. we are a team. if i have a link anyone is welcome to ask for it and i will happily give it to you so you can enjoy the team we all support.

thats all.

Psychologically speaking, offering a small amount of money for a task is the least effective method, people are more likely to do something for free as it makes them feel good about themselves or for a large amount of money since its worth it.

Doing stuff for a small amount of money makes people feel like they provide a service in which they get paid poorly so maybe thats part of the reason why this request didnt go so well in the past.

Regardless, thanks for the link Cedric.

I originally was asking it as a favor as a fellow magic magic but due to lack of interest, i had to offer an incentive (i said $5 but if someone had PMed me and asked me $15 for the job, i d have obliged ).

I have not missed a single midsummer special since fox started doing it (they used to mail me a copy of the show in the past)

Hmmm instead of doing it for free, i should've asked you to up your offer to $20 :D.
Magicalltheway
Analyst

Post#51 » by Magicalltheway » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:23 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Magicalltheway wrote:
j-ragg wrote:I'll take Rob on this one.

That's a great question. We believe in our players not only as players but as people too. We have a great foundation in place from Rich down to the coaching staff with Frank. We believe we have all the tools in place to have a successful season and keep growing as a unit.

Hmmm, so pretty much you are on your knees praying real hard....!!! :lol:
cedric76
RealGM

Post#52 » by cedric76 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:52 pm

"Inside the Magic: Mid-Summer Magic" premieres Aug. 21 at 8 p.m. on FOX Sports Florida.

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#53 » by yoyojw17 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 pm

npiper17 wrote:It's a shame that even a thread like this turns into a disagreement - the board is not in good shape at the moment.

For what it's worth OrlandO does an awful lot of uploading from what I can tell so I think, considering the time it takes, $5 is a little low.

Was thinking the same thing..... was getting hype.... till halfway through the posts..... and then...... *reality hits* lol
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#54 » by Howard Mass » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:52 am

cedric76 wrote:"Inside the Magic: Mid-Summer Magic" premieres Aug. 21 at 8 p.m. on FOX Sports Florida.

Good find Cedric.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#55 » by EAS Law » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:09 pm

OrlandO wrote:
shadrock wrote:Just a different way of viewing the world i guess. If theres something in my power that i can do to help someone out, i do it. Asking for a minuscule amount of money to justify your own time and effort just epitomizes what is wrong with the world. The whole "what in it for me" mindset. Oh sorry old lady, id love to help you up but im really not seeing any personal benefit in it for me. How about you give me $5?

I've never asked for money or taken any money when offered for delivering similar videos for others, so you can kick rocks with your nonsense. It was simply advice on how to get results after no success in previous years. If $5 isn't working, increase it a little to see if anyone bites. People are busy and value their free time. It's not rocket science. We're not talking about helping an old lady in need either. We're talking about getting a stranger to give up their time to provide you crappy entertainment.

The arrogance in thinking that the time necessary for this is even worth $5 is amazing.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,403

Post#56 » by Bensational » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:53 am

What an angry board we have.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#57 » by cedric76 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:27 am

Guys, how was it?

Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#58 » by Howard Mass » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:45 am

EAS Law wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
shadrock wrote:Just a different way of viewing the world i guess. If theres something in my power that i can do to help someone out, i do it. Asking for a minuscule amount of money to justify your own time and effort just epitomizes what is wrong with the world. The whole "what in it for me" mindset. Oh sorry old lady, id love to help you up but im really not seeing any personal benefit in it for me. How about you give me $5?

I've never asked for money or taken any money when offered for delivering similar videos for others, so you can kick rocks with your nonsense. It was simply advice on how to get results after no success in previous years. If $5 isn't working, increase it a little to see if anyone bites. People are busy and value their free time. It's not rocket science. We're not talking about helping an old lady in need either. We're talking about getting a stranger to give up their time to provide you crappy entertainment.

The arrogance in thinking that the time necessary for this is even worth $5 is amazing.

A lot of us like to watch these things even in the internet age.

I set my DVR to record the Saturday morning showing.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#59 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:39 pm

Why watch it when we get the recap on RealGM for FREE anyways!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
cedric76
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: 'Inside the Magic: Midsummer Special' 

Post#60 » by cedric76 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 6:27 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Why watch it when we get the recap on RealGM for FREE anyways!

Lol
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Return to Orlando Magic