ImageImageImageImage

Around The League: Watch Other Teams In the Playoffs Edition

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Around The League: Watch Other Teams In the Playoffs Edition 

Post#1 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Mar 3, 2017 2:25 pm

Sorry didnt want to wait with discussing Around the League Stuff.

-Phx won yesterday so now they are 19 wins vs our 22, still a chance!

-Westbrook with another monster game with 45 points but his other 4 starters combine for 12pts, yikes! Port won to so thats 25 wins.

-GS with a dreadul night, 20% from 3 and 38% overall. Hurry back Durant.
aka: prorl
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Re: Around The League: Watch Other Teams In the Playoffs Edition 

Post#2 » by KingRobb02 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:07 pm

Westbrook gunning for numbers is kind of ridiculous. There is actual talent on that team and we get to watch Westbrook go 12-36 as ESPN applauds another 40 point game. Who can blame KD for leaving?
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#3 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:07 pm

Rooting for the Thunder. I don't think they have any chance to win it all but I think Westbrook could average 40/15/15 in the playoffs...for as long as they are in it.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by KingRobb02 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:07 pm

In other news, it seems like Dwayne Dedmon is really good at basketball.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#5 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:25 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:Westbrook gunning for numbers is kind of ridiculous. There is actual talent on that team and we get to watch Westbrook go 12-36 as ESPN applauds another 40 point game. Who can blame KD for leaving?

As long as they are winning, who cares. Thunder are exciting to watch and while Westbrook is young, let him chuck like all hell and play the way he wants. Jordan did the same thing his first few years until he learned the value that team ball could take him to the next level. By then, all that chucking helped him have better accuracy.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by KingRobb02 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:30 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:Westbrook gunning for numbers is kind of ridiculous. There is actual talent on that team and we get to watch Westbrook go 12-36 as ESPN applauds another 40 point game. Who can blame KD for leaving?

As long as they are winning, who cares. Thunder are exciting to watch and while Westbrook is young, let him chuck like all hell and play the way he wants. Jordan did the same thing his first few years until he learned the value that team ball could take him to the next level. By then, all that chucking helped him have better accuracy.

Yeah, but they are a 7 seed in a not so good West, and they have the point differential of a .500 team. Is there any reason the Grizzlies should have a better record than they do? BTW, Westbrook is 28. What are the odds he "learns the value of team ball" if his coach keeps treating him like the good kid on a rec league team?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#7 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:32 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Yeah, but they are a 7 seed in a not so good West, and they have the point differential of a .500 team. Is there any reason the Grizzlies should have a better record than they do? BTW, Westbrook is 28. What are the odds he "learns the value of team ball" if his coach keeps treating him like the good kid on a rec league team?

So was Jordans Bulls. Even if he changed the way he plays, Thunder is not going to have any significant better numbers or become title contenders against the Warriors or Cavs. If Westbrooks continues on this tear, it will only help make him a better player 2-3 years from now when the Thunder are possible contenders.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by KingRobb02 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:42 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

So was Jordans Bulls. Even if he changed the way he plays, Thunder is not going to have any significant better numbers or become title contenders against the Warriors or Cavs. If Westbrooks continues on this tear, it will only help make him a better player 2-3 years from now when the Thunder are possible contenders.

What do you see as a path to them getting better without player development? Pippen and Grant aren't going to fall into their laps. No one wants to play in OKC. Their owners are notoriously cheap, so no luxury tax.

For reference, their point differential is a lot closer to the 11-seed Wolves than it is to the 6 seed Grizzlies. I really don't see how this is helping. When Jordan was doing his thing, he was at least trying on defense. When Russ has off nights like last night, he is probably the worst player to play with in the league. Can you imagine a) watching a guy shoot 36 times, b) him only making 12 of those shots, c) your point guard finishing with as many turnovers as assists, d) him not even pretending to care on defense, and e) people only caring that he scored 45. It would get old fast.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#9 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:18 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:Yeah, but they are a 7 seed in a not so good West, and they have the point differential of a .500 team. Is there any reason the Grizzlies should have a better record than they do? BTW, Westbrook is 28. What are the odds he "learns the value of team ball" if his coach keeps treating him like the good kid on a rec league team?

What do you see as a path to them getting better without player development? Pippen and Grant aren't going to fall into their laps. No one wants to play in OKC. Their owners are notoriously cheap, so no luxury tax.

For reference, their point differential is a lot closer to the 11-seed Wolves than it is to the 6 seed Grizzlies. I really don't see how this is helping. When Jordan was doing his thing, he was at least trying on defense. When Russ has off nights like last night, he is probably the worst player to play with in the league. Can you imagine a) watching a guy shoot 36 times, b) him only making 12 of those shots, c) your point guard finishing with as many turnovers as assists, d) him not even pretending to care on defense, and e) people only caring that he scored 45. It would get old fast.

I think they can figure it out as they are in a good position.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#10 » by purpleswordfish » Sat Mar 4, 2017 5:47 am

I'll watch, but I won't be pulling for anyone. Much like the past 4 seasons (hard to believe it's been that long), I just hope for entertaining games and pray the Magic might make it back to that level one day.
zelenooq
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

Post#11 » by zelenooq » Wed Mar 8, 2017 12:19 pm

if someone shooting lower percentage than other players in team he hurting team
more he shoots, more he hurts
westbrook is that way
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#12 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Mar 8, 2017 1:16 pm

zelenooq wrote:if someone shooting lower percentage than other players in team he hurting team
westbrook is that way

Hahaha, that is exactly what was said on other boards on RealGM when the Magic had TMAC!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#13 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Mar 8, 2017 2:35 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
zelenooq wrote:if someone shooting lower percentage than other players in team he hurting team
westbrook is that way

Hahaha, that is exactly what was said on other boards on RealGM when the Magic had TMAC!

Correct me if Iam wrong but Tmac has better percentages than most his teammates. RW is shooting approx 31% from 3 and he is launching them at a ridiculous rate. There is reason Durant was happy to take off for GS.
aka: prorl
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 2:46 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
westbrook is that way

Correct me if Iam wrong but Tmac has better percentages than most his teammates. RW is shooting approx 31% from 3 and he is launching them at a ridiculous rate. There is reason Durant was happy to take off for GS.

I could see if he was actually doing this on a functional offense, but last time I checked they were 19th in offense and he is mostly responsible for that. When McGrady was doing his thing, we were always a top 10 offense.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#15 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Mar 8, 2017 7:06 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I could see if he was actually doing this on a functional offense, but last time I checked they were 19th in offense and he is mostly responsible for that. When McGrady was doing his thing, we were always a top 10 offense.

If I had the choice of having Westbrook on this team launching all those shots along with all his other talents (steals, assists, rebounds, etc) over the current Magic squad, I would take Westbrook.

It is easy to trash opponents players regardless of their talents. Westbrook does a helluva lot more than just chuck shots.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 7:51 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:

If I had the choice of having Westbrook on this team launching all those shots along with all his other talents (steals, assists, rebounds, etc) over the current Magic squad, I would take Westbrook.

It is easy to trash opponents players regardless of their talents. Westbrook does a helluva lot more than just chuck shots.

Westbrook plays like I do on NBA 2k17 MyPlayer mode.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#17 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Mar 8, 2017 8:08 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:I could see if he was actually doing this on a functional offense, but last time I checked they were 19th in offense and he is mostly responsible for that. When McGrady was doing his thing, we were always a top 10 offense.

Westbrook plays like I do on NBA 2k17 MyPlayer mode.

And, when I watch him in games, those games are very entertaining!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#18 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Even though I was for the Pistons moving Reggie Jackson, I am now glad they didn't. I think all the trade chatter affected his game and he alluded to that. Because, he has been playing some of his best team ball of the season the past 10 games and stopped playing hero ball. Last night was one of his best all around games of the season which is not reflected in stats because he played defense, passed and set picks in helping the team beat the Cavs with Lebron/Kyrie and company. Probably the best team game from Drummond as well. It was a pleasure to watch such good basketball from them. SVG made masterful subs and play calls as well.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#19 » by pepe1991 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:13 pm

wizards are dark horse of playoffs . Beal is sooo damn good. I remember when people were saying that he is up there with Evan loooooooool
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by KingRobb02 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:58 pm

I want everyone to go back to August and look at all the hand wringing we did about how the it would be a forgone conclusion that the warriors and Cavs would easily win the 1 seeds. Now we have actual races in both conferences.

Return to Orlando Magic